Old May 05, 2015, 05:19 PM
Find More Posts by defier3d
United States, WI, Iola
Joined Mar 2014
10 Posts
Help!
KK2.1.5 Tuning Issues

Hi all,
I am having trouble with my scratch built Quad running a KK2.1.5 with Steveis 1.19s1 and Hobbyking 20A UBEC ESC flashed with Simon K. I have attached pictures of my PI settings. I have been playing around with the I Gain a bit, but the issue persists no matter what I gain I put in. Also, the issue only effects the pitch axis. That is why I un-linked the pitch and roll to try upping just the pitch, but if I bring the pitch back to where the roll is, it is the same.
Ok, so the issue is that when I pitch forward and then don't touch the stick it will accelerate forward then pitch back (sometimes violently). I am not touching the pitch stick just giving throttle.
Does anyone have any ideas what I am doing wrong?
Here is a video of the issue:
Scratch Built Quad With KK2 Issues (1 min 17 sec)

Note, It was windy in the video, but it behaves the same in calm.
defier3d is offline Find More Posts by defier3d
Last edited by defier3d; May 05, 2015 at 05:44 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old May 05, 2015, 05:47 PM
United States, WI, Iola
Joined Mar 2014
10 Posts
A couple more things.
- It will do this both forward and backwards.
- It doesn't do this side to side.
- I have the front motors angled backwards a few degrees and the rear motors angled forward the same to aid in yaw authority, which it does help.
Old May 05, 2015, 08:41 PM
Find More Posts by reelflyt
reelflyt
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
Joined Mar 2010
1,029 Posts
Hi.

OK now it seams that you really have not told us what your problem is . In the video all I see is the quad going back and forth . If you want more yaw authority the raise your P Limit to 100 and level the motors . P Limit is how much you allow the stick to override the P Gain .
Set you I Gain to 10 and try flying it . Raise it by 10's until it flies the way you want . The higher the I gain the more the quad will keep going in the direction you put it in . Try it and see what happens
reelflyt is offline Find More Posts by reelflyt
Old May 05, 2015, 09:05 PM
United States, WI, Iola
Joined Mar 2014
10 Posts
Hi Reelflyt,
That is just the issue, It goes back and forth, but I only told it to go forth! :-) When I pitch forward and center the stick (auto level off) it keeps that attitude for a few seconds while increasing speed. Then all of a sudden it pitches backwards. It is almost like self level is on but only kicks in once the quad reaches 20mph. If I try to accelerate aggressively I can get it moving faster, but then the backwards pitch is much more violent. It will do this in reverse as well.

My Yaw authority is just fine, since I put the motors at an angle.

I just did another test. I took out the angled motors. Yaw authority went way down, but I don't seem to get the pitching issue anymore. I really don't have the room here at home to get up to speed much, so I will have to wait until tomorrow to get it out at the field to see. When you say to increase the P limit to 100 were you talking about Yaw? Would this make my angled motors unnecessary? Hmmm... Maybe I will go try that right now... Street light is enough for that eh? :-)

Thanks for the ideas.