SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 20, 2015, 04:33 PM
Find More Posts by matt_s
United States, CA, Rancho Cucamonga
Joined Jan 2015
6 Posts
Discussion
Hobby Zone Champ Mod's

Hey all. I am doing a new mod build with the Champ. I have installed aileron/flaps with the ar6410 receiver. I have also added the motor form the T-28/P-51. Should I worry about the main wing load? Do you guys have any ideas for wing struts? Thanks all
matt_s is offline Find More Posts by matt_s
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:17 AM
Joined Jan 2015
6 Posts
Well, I decided to try it today without the wing struts. Guess you could say I found out the hard way that the 2.3 gram servo's was to much weight for the wing. Banked into a turn and collapsed the wing. However, it did have quite a pick up with the new motor...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 12:56 AM
Find More Posts by flying ferret
Joined Aug 2014
545 Posts
i fly my champ full speed with a radian motor I don.t think the weight broke the wing perhaps the way you instaled it???
flying ferret is offline Find More Posts by flying ferret
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:47 AM
Joined Jan 2015
6 Posts
I installed the servos at the same distance from center. I will post a pick, however they were installed with the same design as the umx cabon cub...
Old Jan 21, 2015, 11:55 AM
Joined Jan 2015
6 Posts
Here are 2 pic's of the wing