New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 03:01 PM
Find More Posts by captain MoMo
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
4,616 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedGrin View Post
Ya I could see where a stabilizer unit would fit this model well......the stabilizers are excellent at making smaller planes fly as if they are large birds.

TwistedGrin
I have one on mine but not a very good one. I will be overhauling mine after 3 years and in excess of 150 flights. I will add landing lights, spring loaded struts, new Gyro, new DSMX RX and epoxy cost and paint! So she will have a new life. Oops / I will also replace motors for 3s and 4s along with two new 40A ESCs and appropriate external UBEC.
captain MoMo is offline Find More Posts by captain MoMo
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by captain MoMo View Post
I have one on mine but not a very good one. I will be overhauling mine after 3 years and in excess of 150 flights. I will add landing lights, spring loaded struts, new Gyro, new DSMX RX and epoxy cost and paint! So she will have a new life. Oops / I will also replace motors for 3s and 4s along with two new 40A ESCs and appropriate external UBEC.
That should really spruce up your bird.....I have the Park480-1320's to throw in for a little more speed and perhaps swing counter rotating MAS props....but I'll need some motor shaft adapters and get set up with the new aluminum spinners I purchased for it.

TwistedGrin
TwistedGrin is online now Find More Posts by TwistedGrin
Old Yesterday, 03:50 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
4,616 Posts
Quote:
That should really spruce up your bird.....I have the Park480-1320's to throw in for a little more speed and perhaps swing counter rotating MAS props....but I'll need some motor shaft adapters and get set up with the new aluminum spinners I purchased for it.

TwistedGrin
Ha! I currently have the MAS counter rotating props and the Parks 480 motors on 3s

I posted my mods back in this thread, but not sure how easily it can be searched.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 05:37 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,049 Posts
Quote:
Just for the record I did a quick load test on my Dynam Cessna Grand Cruiser:
3s 35c 1800mAh LiPo at full fresh charge
Stock BESC/Motor/Spinner set up:
319.5 Watts Peak = 159.7per side
28.15 Amps Peak = 14.07Ap per side

TwistedGrin
This is a comparison to CaptMoMo's data as noted below:
1. Changed out the stock Dynam 1100kV motors with Turnigy Park 480 1320Kv motors
2. Added the new Orange V2 flight stabilization module
3. Added 45mm Aluminum spinners and MAS 3 blade 8x6 props.

The above setup with a 25 C discharge 3s 3000 mah battery achieved 550W and 52A (combined) at peak. I left the stock ESCs in place.

- - - Copied over from earlier post (CaptMoMo)

TwistedGrin
Old Yesterday, 09:31 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,455 Posts
Quote:
Flew my Dynam Cessna Grand Cruiser yesterday.....just have to remember it's a 3s powered bird and a little slower than the larger heavy 4s powered screaming twins I have.

I will note.....since adding CF slats into the wing.....does very tight bat turns with ease and knife edging wing tip figure eights in a very small space ...nice loops and much better aileron rolls. I was flying it quite aggressively last night and it surprised me!!

It's a very nice flyer.....just a very light frame
TwistedGrin
Nice flying there, for a moment I was thinking you thought you had your Gee Bee going on.

Are you typically running about half throttle? Just trying to gauge how fast this airplane goes. Do you know if you can put a 4s in the stock plane, or will that be too much for the motors?

For stability, I use the Lemon Rx 7 channel with stability, they are only ~$18. That is what I run in my Parkzone Archer, and made a world of difference.
HeliFlyer14 is online now Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,049 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeliFlyer14 View Post
Nice flying there, for a moment I was thinking you thought you had your Gee Bee going on.

Are you typically running about half throttle? Just trying to gauge how fast this airplane goes. Do you know if you can put a 4s in the stock plane, or will that be too much for the motors?

For stability, I use the Lemon Rx 7 channel with stability, they are only ~$18. That is what I run in my Parkzone Archer, and made a world of difference.
Ha - Ya you can fly a Dynam GeeBee Y2 like a bad puppy with a rag doll too!!

Yes running anywhere from 50-75%....I have read several post where 4s LiPo will heat the motors and "float" the magnets around after 4-5 flights - so I would NOT recommend 4s LiPo.....I know for certain a stabilizer would take this little flyer up another notch alright.

I have all the parts to upgrade like CaptMoMo did....but my planes prop and spinners are dead on perfect spinning right now.....I may just fly it stock for awhile and beef it up later. Additionally the Park480 motors and heavier spinners will indeed eat up more battery....so there is a penalty for the added performance.....

Just as in racing.....the saying goes "the brightest candle burns the shortest"....

TwistedGrin
Old Yesterday, 11:51 PM
Mach One
Joined Apr 2011
4,616 Posts
Quote:
This is a comparison to CaptMoMo's data as noted below:
1. Changed out the stock Dynam 1100kV motors with Turnigy Park 480 1320Kv motors
2. Added the new Orange V2 flight stabilization module
3. Added 45mm Aluminum spinners and MAS 3 blade 8x6 props.

The above setup with a 25 C discharge 3s 3000 mah battery achieved 550W and 52A (combined) at peak. I left the stock ESCs in place.

- - - Copied over from earlier post (CaptMoMo)

TwistedGrin
Thanks !! I never mentioned that the props are Counter Rotating - they are ;-)
RCG Plus Member
Old Today, 09:52 AM
Yes it was Abby Normal
Joined May 2012
3,049 Posts
CaptMoMo - what was the brand of 3s battery were you flying with and what were your flight times on these nice Park480 motors??

I am still on the fence about making the upgrade......on one hand my plane perfectly fine as is....on the other hand - yes I think I would enjoy more speed and power and weight - but only if I can still get around 6min flight times

TwistedGrin