HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 21, 2007, 11:20 AM
i love legos
Southington, CT
Joined Feb 2006
116 Posts
Rave
horizon hobby has excellent customer service!

Quote:
Originally Posted by satinsilverk20a2
aw man what the heck. i've flown my plane probably 5 times since i got it, not even a week ago yet. I got the plane up around 200 feet when all of a sudden the motor cut. i figured it was just a dead battery so i slid down the slider and waited a second and put it back up to see if there was anything at all. nothing, and now at this point my plane is doing a slow spiral towards the ground. yea, no rudder or elevator either. I watched in horror as it gained speed out of control straight into the ground. battery compartment fell off, tail snapped in two wing strut clips snapped on one side, front cowl cracked all over, wings chipped, blah. so i pick it up and now the stupid elevator and controls work! !! i slid the throttle forward and all i heard was buzzz buzzz, and thats when i smelled it. i popped out the battery and something def shorted out in there as the smoke poured out lol. i called horizon and they said just send it in. awesome. i would kind of hope they replace it since the damage pretty much wrecked everything. at least its good to finally get some good customer service!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Smith
If everything cut out, I'll bet it was those darn connectors. They're junk. Please let us know what Horizon does. If they replace the entire model, and well they should, good for you. They sold it to you with those junk connectors to start with.
I took way to long to take this picture.

satinsilverk20a2 is offline Find More Posts by satinsilverk20a2
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2013, 11:17 PM
Joined Oct 2013
13 Posts
Give me a break! You must be one of their staff! I have to chime in here that their customer service is sub par and the people running it are hiding behind their rude staff.

I've have 2 encounters now with my 350QX. The first adventure was when I couldn't get Customer Service to get my unit started after a hard landing over the phone. I sent it back from the west coast then got a call 2 week later that there was a defective LED that they found but it wasn't under warranty because I didn't include the receipt in the box. Yes I forgot but I did take the time to scan the receipt and include it with me trouble ticket file. I guess the money collectors and the rest of the company don't have access to customer files. So I paid the $70 for a $3.00 light. Receiving the unit back after about a month I thought a nice day today after typical west coast storms so I headed to the park. The 350 QX fired up properly, took off in a about a 10 foot arch, landed and fell forward before I could get the motors turned off. Trying to start again was a series of no goes so I rang Customer Service and got Bill. Bill was about as much help as a stump. Asking a question was like 'do things they way you normally do'. What I am looking for are expert suggestions on how to reset things. Not some lazy tech wanting to go on a coffee break. We never did get the unit going so but Bill told me to box the unit up and send it back. I asked him if there was someone there with a bit more knowledge or a manage. His response was no one like that (I wonder who signs his checks). The most comical comment was when I commented that I wasn't too happy about sending this back from the West Coast of Canada ... again... and that it seems that maybe they didn't test the unit before sending it back...Bill's response was that if I wanted them to test it after fixing that I should put that in writing as a request and they will be sure to test it. Man what a lame excuse. I finally did get the unit going. I got a hold of the hobby shop and we rebound the unit. Also turns out the LED they replaced. Didn't test that either and the unit I paid over $150 to ship back, wait a month and pay for them to replace didn't work either. These guys are a joke in my experience dealing with them now a number of times. My business which is in the thousands (I own an event marketing company) will be in HK. At least I know what to expect. Also surprisingly you can chat with their teams within seconds - compared to the hours waiting for the Horizon 'techs' to ring you back and give you useless info.
StevenA is offline Find More Posts by StevenA