HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 28, 2007, 05:18 AM
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Joined Apr 2007
136 Posts
Help!
thunder power LiPo balancer tp210V

I just received my new TP 210V balancer. When I ordere it I thought thayt I could just plug in my 6S2P main and my 7.4V servo battery. Not the case though. What connector, adapters etc needed to use it??

Are these adapter cords already out there or do I make them up. Could someone give me a description and maybe part numbers , and a supplier ?
Thanks
S Trex
Southern T Rex is offline Find More Posts by Southern T Rex
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 28, 2007, 05:33 AM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,011 Posts
SO, you must hot have TP batteries. You need to know the type of connector on your battery. You may have to contact the battery manufacture.

Hear are some links that may help:
http://www.espritmodel.com/index.asp...TS&Category=58
http://www.rctoys.com/rc-products-ca...RS-WIRING.html
http://www.rctoys.com/rc-products-ca...ERS-POWER.html

RC Man is offline Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jun 28, 2007, 06:54 AM
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Joined Apr 2007
136 Posts
Balancer Issues TP210 to Falcon balancer leads

No, not running TP. I have Falcon (Predator) batterys. I will contact them

Thanks
S Trex
Old Jun 28, 2007, 11:34 AM
volts x amps = watts.
Denver
Joined Sep 2006
2,143 Posts
See if anyone makes adapters for those packs, or get a set of appropriate plugs and wire your own adapters.

If you do make your own, be sure to find the proper cell pattern or you'll fry the balancer and potentially the pack too. TP's pattern is easy to find, each cell is in order. Use a voltmeter and check each pin from the first, if the voltages go up on each pin by the same voltage, you've found the right order.

TP balancers use the cell 1 negative first, then each subsequent positive after that. They offer 6 pin and 4 pin taps. 6 pins handle up to 5 cells, 4 pins handle up to 3 cells. TP will use a combination of 4pin/6pin or 6pin/6pin to use more than 5 cells.

If you're using 6 cells:
wire the first 3 cells into a TP 4 pin plug...
Wire pin#
c1- 1
c1+ 2
c2+ 3
c3+ 4

wire the second 3 cells into a 6 pin plug...
Wire pin#
c4- 1
c4+ 2
c5+ 3
c6+ 4
na 5 (remove)
na 6 (remove)

Plug both sets of pins into the bank1 side of the balancer. Plug the grounded cell in last, so plug in Group B, then Group A. Once group A is plugged in, it will initialize and start balancing. You can balance/charge at the same time with the TP210.

(my 10s pack uses the same idea, but two 6 pins for the forst and second sets of 5 cells).
Wheelhaus is offline Find More Posts by Wheelhaus
Old Jun 28, 2007, 07:13 PM
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Joined Apr 2007
136 Posts
Wheelhaus

Wheelhaus,
How long have you been doing this Helicopter thing ? I am very impressed with your complete knowledge !! Can I have a phone number where I can reach you
I am a newbie at this, I have so many questions. thanks for the advice so far!!

Southern T rex
Don Olano 225 776 2818
Old Jun 28, 2007, 08:33 PM
Our Daddy and Heli Junkie
In Heli Wonderland
Joined Aug 1999
22,774 Posts
If you are just getting into this heli thing, the EHBG will help you alot.

Hands on is the best so posting your location helps alot to.

FB
Fred Bronk is offline Find More Posts by Fred Bronk