HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2014, 06:33 PM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
Discussion
V911 crash - Stiff blades - circular/rocking hover

I had a rather hard crash on my V911 today and broke both blades off of it. Put on some new blades and on powerup it started hovering in circles and rocking back and forth. Upon inspection the blades are stiff. When you flick the flybar it is supposed bounce up and down a few time but mine is just stiff.

I changed 4 different sets of blades, the shaft, swashplate, top part of the shaft that hold the blades and flyber, 2 differect sets of linkages and a different flybar. This still didn't work changing the whole rotor assembly.

When I remove the linkages its all loose and good. Put linkages back on and blades are stiff again and along with rocking back and forth and circles there is now a wobble as well. Been messing with this for about 2 hours now and cant find anything that would be making the blades stiff.

Since it wants to circle and rock during hover I took it to the garage and let it circle and hover into walls and the roof for about 30 seconds on medium power hoping that would knock loose whatever was stiff. It was ALREADY rocking and wobbling so not like I was gonna break it.

Can someone please tell me what to look for when a flybar is stiff with linkages on but loose without?

I'm at about the point now where I want to just place it out the window and flick the remote on full power. It lands where it lands, I never see it again and it pises me off no more.
Total RC NooB is offline Find More Posts by Total RC NooB
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2014, 06:48 PM
13x
United States, ID, Malad City
Joined Dec 2012
112 Posts
Check for casting flash on the ball links and in the lunks themselves.
13x is offline Find More Posts by 13x
Old Mar 11, 2014, 07:42 PM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
how tight do you have the screw that holds the flybar?
Do you have the turnbuckles the correct way?
hogan is offline Find More Posts by hogan
Old Mar 11, 2014, 08:37 PM
Joined Dec 2012
18 Posts
The casting and ball links are fine. All my parts came from 911s that I parted due to failed PCBs.

The screw is loose enough that the flybar bounces without the linkages.

Flipping one of the linkages seems to have helped. It was the piece that links the blade to the flybar. I thought both holes were the same size but again flipping it has nicely loosened up the blade.

Still wants to drift away in hover but its acting MUCH MUCH better and I can at least control it now.

Probably have to adjust the servo linkage now that I changed the shaft assembly and all.
Total RC NooB is offline Find More Posts by Total RC NooB
Old Mar 12, 2014, 02:31 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
5,518 Posts
Put some lite oil on balls for links. Make sure they are on correct. Wow flew my V911's for many months at start of flying helis. Sure takes bad flying to break both blades off. My V911's are two yeras old and replaced nothing. Many hours on each. Little helis are tough, guess some folks can break them...
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Mar 12, 2014, 08:22 PM
United States, NC, Burlington
Joined Jun 2004
179 Posts
here is the original post that I saw http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...ostcount=21483
hogan is offline Find More Posts by hogan