HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 04, 2013, 01:13 PM
Sure it'll work
United States, CA, Torrance
Joined Nov 2005
4,270 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyextreme View Post
This is one reason I lost interest in DLG's (F3K). Too complicated...63 flight modes, or so it seemed at times . Trying to remember which switch does what, what postion each is in, and so on. It kinda takes the fun out of it....not to mention hazardous to the plane when you forget or get confused. And trying to make all the same switches control all the same functions of each plane....no fun.
I'm looking foreward to getting back to a simpler type of flying. If I can ever find the time to get the last few hours of work done to the Viking.

I can't wait to get back out to Fermin where I started my addiction 13 years ago or so.

Peace-out,
Bill
Flyextreme is offline Find More Posts by Flyextreme
Last edited by Flyextreme; Mar 05, 2013 at 02:35 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:14 PM
Fossilator
Fullerton, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
Nice to see you again Dan......

The Needle looks good!

B
Thanks, she's way better than the current pilot. :-)
danfield is offline Find More Posts by danfield
Old Mar 04, 2013, 02:53 PM
Also known as simon_t
Kent, England
Joined Nov 2005
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by danfield View Post
Thanks, she's way better than the current pilot. :-)
Dan,

Glad you have got the Needle up and running. Hopefully you will find it a very fast, slippery model. Don't be afraid to ballast more than you might think, it eats it up, but keep those turns smooth. And keep looking at those videos of me showing how not to do it!

Simon Thornton
en_spt is offline Find More Posts by en_spt
Old Mar 04, 2013, 06:15 PM
I'm your huckleberry
USA, CA, Gardena
Joined Jun 2004
1,726 Posts
Hey Guys, next weeks race has been posted. See Thread below and post your intentions if you are planning to race.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...5#post24322980

Bob
Doc Holiday48 is online now Find More Posts by Doc Holiday48
Old Mar 05, 2013, 02:45 AM
Fossilator
Fullerton, CA
Joined Nov 2004
1,679 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by en_spt View Post
Dan,

Glad you have got the Needle up and running. Hopefully you will find it a very fast, slippery model. Don't be afraid to ballast more than you might think, it eats it up, but keep those turns smooth. And keep looking at those videos of me showing how not to do it!

Simon Thornton
Thanks,, video of you, I have watched tons of your video and it's all good.

Unfortunately when I wasn't looking my thumb got older and my brain is now 5 lengths behind the model.. not good.

OH, that was the first time on the clock with her. Fast guys were basically running 42's then 40 flat, Warren got into 39's last flight. I was running like 44's so 10% or so out, not bad for not flying but once or twice in 2 years. I was happy and same amount of pieces went home and that's a good thing. I don't have a handle on ballast yet, that will take a while.
danfield is offline Find More Posts by danfield
Last edited by danfield; Mar 05, 2013 at 02:54 AM.
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:15 AM
Lost at LAX
Joined Dec 2005
2,554 Posts
Hey - I was stoked with my "sub 60 run"

Working ballast out for Karl now....
Old Fart is offline Find More Posts by Old Fart
Old Mar 05, 2013, 10:39 AM
Joined Aug 2004
1,707 Posts
New "personal bests" are the goals, Jeff. You will get another this weekend.

Dan, all you need is a few sessions and the rust, dust, and must will be gone and you will be threatening...and I like the Needle as well. WD
concreteman is offline Find More Posts by concreteman