HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Old Nov 08, 2012, 04:11 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
New Products.

Guys,
I have a couple of new products to announce. I don't have them up on my web page yet, and price is still to be determined on a couple of them.

1. A twin engine sound system (twin pack). The system is basically 2 of the same sound units, either A or B, and can be configured with two 2" speakers, or four 1.22" speakers. for the best effect, each unit connects to it's own channel on the RX, and mixed with throttle. By setting the end point slightly off from each other, you can achive a seperate start up and shut down sound for each engine. The slight offset also gives a true twin engine sound.

2. Navigation Light System. This is not my invention, but I thought it would be nice to carry. It is an 8 LED light system. One steady Green, one steady Red, 2 Red strobes (fast blink), 2 White strobes (slow blink), and 2 White landing lights. It connecects to an unused channel on your RX. 4-6v. They are extreemly bright when end on, a little less so from the sides.

3. MrRCSound T-Shirts. Show your love for our products! A profesional two color print, on an all cotton black shirt. Stylish and comfortable.

Andrew
http://www.mrrcsound.com
MrRCFlying is offline Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Last edited by MrRCFlying; Nov 08, 2012 at 05:07 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 10, 2012, 07:20 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Hi everyone,
The new products are now up on the web page. Also, because some of the components costs have come down for me, I am passing the savings along. The everyday price of the Mini sound unit has been reduced, AND now includes a second 1.22" speaker. The everyday price of the 1.22" speakers have also been reeduced.

Also, I have been doing more testing on the Jet engine sound. It produces OVER 100db at 1m from JUST ONE 2" speaker. Testing continues, but this leads me to another announcement.

A new model is in the works, and should be available in 2-3 weeks. As you know, right now there is the A and B options for all models of sound units, giving a total of 8 sound options. The new C option will give 4 new sounds for you to choose.

C: Jet Engine, M-14 engine used in many Yaks, Mitsubishi Suisei 13 used itn the A6M Zero, and the Gnome Rotary Engine which was used on both sides during WWI.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 10, 2012, 11:11 AM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
791 Posts
Hi Andrew,

I am pleased and excited to hear about your new products. The C module seems like a excellent expansion of the line.

A couple updates at my end:

First, I have been working to upgrade my FMS "Marie" Mustang. I installed a new motor and firewall. The new motor is capable of handling 1850 watts, although I will probably run it at a considerably lower watt draw. To assure that I don't lose a control surface during flight I cut off all the surfaces and reinstalled with hinge material. Used tape on the flaps, CA hinges on the ailerons, and pinned hinges on the rudder and elevator. I am ordering new retracts and expect to have the plane airworthy shortly after they arrive.

Second, the 125 amp ESC for the new power system on my P-47 arrived yesterday. So, this weekend I expect to replace it and reorganize the placement of the sound system speakers. The top 2 inch speaker will stay where it is but I will install some Depron baffles to better direct the sound and replace the plastic speaker grill with a metal one. The metal speaker grill will reduce the amount of material blocking sound from exiting as it has its own structural strength. The bottom 2 inch speaker will be moved closer to the bottom of the fuselage, just like I have on the P-51. It will also get a metal speaker grille. The other remaining repair on the P-47 is the landing gear mounts. This will involve bonding plywodd mounting brackets into the foam wing. The landing gear uses Hobby King 514 servoless retracts, some "P-47" alloy oleo struts from Hobby King, and 3 inch scale wheels. I believe my original vision for the P-47 will have been realized by the end of the weekend. Should have her remaidened by early next week.

Last is a new project. I am going to install a B unit module into a Multiplex Fun Cub that will get built over the next week or two. The Fun Cub will have sound, lights, strong (non-stock) landing gear and oodles of power. My idea is to have a plane that looks and sounds (Lycoming sound) somewhat like a real Cub would cruising through the sky, but can transform in an instant into a wildly aerobatic performer. With the time change I have gotten into a routine of flying at one of my clubs late in the afternoon through the sunset. It will be nice to have a plane that has both scale appeal and aerobatic potential with lights flying in the twilight.

Cheers,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is online now Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Nov 10, 2012, 05:35 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
740 Posts
My Budget "A" came today and I installed it in my V7 P-51 rather easy. This is the new 16bit card and one thing I noticed right off is now amazing the Merlin startup sound is. You can hear a big difference between this card and the 8bit though the full speed sound is about the same. I hope to get it in the air tomorrow if the weather doesn't turn bad again.
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:11 AM
Stuka vor!
Germany, BY, Ostheim
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Hi Guys,

today i and my friend Marco had our first flights with the budget modules. No rain after a long time here in germany, calm winds.
Marco placed the module in his FMS Focke Wulf 190 with BMW sound, mine in my FMS Ju-87 Stuka with the DB601 sound.

What should i say: Everything was as we expected it. It sounds so well, itīs an complete other flying experience.
We both most loved the idle sound when the planes come in for landing, absolutly awsome!

Iīll post a video a friend made today as soon i get the link.

Klaus
dr.schlot is offline Find More Posts by dr.schlot
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:35 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackson Stone View Post
Hi Andrew,

I am pleased and excited to hear about your new products. The C module seems like a excellent expansion of the line.

A couple updates at my end:

First, I have been working to upgrade my FMS "Marie" Mustang. I installed a new motor and firewall. The new motor is capable of handling 1850 watts, although I will probably run it at a considerably lower watt draw. To assure that I don't lose a control surface during flight I cut off all the surfaces and reinstalled with hinge material. Used tape on the flaps, CA hinges on the ailerons, and pinned hinges on the rudder and elevator. I am ordering new retracts and expect to have the plane airworthy shortly after they arrive.

Second, the 125 amp ESC for the new power system on my P-47 arrived yesterday. So, this weekend I expect to replace it and reorganize the placement of the sound system speakers. The top 2 inch speaker will stay where it is but I will install some Depron baffles to better direct the sound and replace the plastic speaker grill with a metal one. The metal speaker grill will reduce the amount of material blocking sound from exiting as it has its own structural strength. The bottom 2 inch speaker will be moved closer to the bottom of the fuselage, just like I have on the P-51. It will also get a metal speaker grille. The other remaining repair on the P-47 is the landing gear mounts. This will involve bonding plywodd mounting brackets into the foam wing. The landing gear uses Hobby King 514 servoless retracts, some "P-47" alloy oleo struts from Hobby King, and 3 inch scale wheels. I believe my original vision for the P-47 will have been realized by the end of the weekend. Should have her remaidened by early next week.

Last is a new project. I am going to install a B unit module into a Multiplex Fun Cub that will get built over the next week or two. The Fun Cub will have sound, lights, strong (non-stock) landing gear and oodles of power. My idea is to have a plane that looks and sounds (Lycoming sound) somewhat like a real Cub would cruising through the sky, but can transform in an instant into a wildly aerobatic performer. With the time change I have gotten into a routine of flying at one of my clubs late in the afternoon through the sunset. It will be nice to have a plane that has both scale appeal and aerobatic potential with lights flying in the twilight.

Cheers,

Jackson
Jackson,
Glad to hear things are coming along! Looking forward to the Cub!

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:37 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylight99 View Post
My Budget "A" came today and I installed it in my V7 P-51 rather easy. This is the new 16bit card and one thing I noticed right off is now amazing the Merlin startup sound is. You can hear a big difference between this card and the 8bit though the full speed sound is about the same. I hope to get it in the air tomorrow if the weather doesn't turn bad again.
Glad you like it! Your ear must be a little more sensitive than mine. I have to admit, I don't hear too much difference between the 2. Maybe I am going deaf from all the testing.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:38 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.schlot View Post
Hi Guys,

today i and my friend Marco had our first flights with the budget modules. No rain after a long time here in germany, calm winds.
Marco placed the module in his FMS Focke Wulf 190 with BMW sound, mine in my FMS Ju-87 Stuka with the DB601 sound.

What should i say: Everything was as we expected it. It sounds so well, itīs an complete other flying experience.
We both most loved the idle sound when the planes come in for landing, absolutly awsome!

Iīll post a video a friend made today as soon i get the link.

Klaus
Klaus,
glad that you and Marko were able to get the units installed, and that they are working well for you. Low slow passes at idle, sound fantastic. Can't wait to see the video!!!

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 11, 2012, 12:35 PM
Stuka vor!
Germany, BY, Ostheim
Joined Aug 2012
73 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRCFlying View Post
Can't wait to see the video!!!

Andrew
Hi Andrew,

here we are:

Stuka Ju-87 mit Soundmodul (3 min 45 sec)

Have fun! (we had.... )
dr.schlot is offline Find More Posts by dr.schlot
Old Nov 11, 2012, 01:36 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr.schlot View Post
Hi Andrew,

here we are:

http://youtu.be/QR3_xeXhNDc

Have fun! (we had.... )
Fantastic!!! I loved the slow RPM landing, and taxi back. Sounded Great!

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:08 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
The FMS P-38 with the twin sound is ready to fly. As soon as we get some nice wether, I will give it a shot. Here is a quick video.

MrRCSound Twin Engine Sound Module in P-38 (2 min 32 sec)

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Old Nov 11, 2012, 03:33 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined Nov 2004
740 Posts
Here's a test video of my new 16bit "Merlin" sound in my FMS V7 P-51
FMS V7 P-51 /w MrRcSound (0 min 43 sec)

The real thing. Gives you an idea how close Andrew is able to get his sound cards
P-51 Mustang Flight Demo- Sweet Sound of the Rolls-Royce Merlin! (2 min 21 sec)
daylight99 is offline Find More Posts by daylight99
Last edited by daylight99; Nov 11, 2012 at 03:46 PM.
Old Nov 11, 2012, 08:59 PM
WAA-08 THANK FRANK!
Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
Joined Jun 2002
6,927 Posts
These are getting so good!
JimNM is offline Find More Posts by JimNM
Old Nov 11, 2012, 09:21 PM
Feeling the THRALL
USA, CO, Parker
Joined Dec 2009
791 Posts
Daylight,

Great comparison video of the startup and idle sound on a real Mustang vs. a FMS P-51 v.7 with Andrew's 16 bit module!

Dr. Schlot,

Really enjoyed your video. I agree with Andrew that the best part was the landing and taxi back. Very realistic. You have a really lovely flying field!

Andrew,

Thanks for sharing the video on the P-38. I look forward to some flight video. I am in the midst of reworking the P-47 sound system after spending the afternoon with a friend working out a retract mount for the Mustang. I am installing the Hobby King 514 retracts which are beefier than stock, plus some alloy struts. A time-consuming project but the results are looking good. Will share the result when I am done.

Regards,

Jackson
Jackson Stone is online now Find More Posts by Jackson Stone
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:06 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,725 Posts
Starting the Pitts

Hey guys,
I put together the FMS Pitts the other day. I am going to start the install of an Ultra system in it. There is so much room to work with, it should not be a problem. The pictures show just how much room there is, and the appox. position I am going to put the main speakers. They are going to be facing each sides, and the mini speakers will go on the bottom.

Andrew
Site Sponsor
Closed Thread