HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2012, 05:33 AM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Joined Sep 2003
457 Posts
Even my take was that the all painted engine looks like some one dipped an Indian made (K) engine in a paint tin and made some parts
mchandrayan is offline Find More Posts by mchandrayan
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:05 AM
Gold Coast Australia.
Joined Jan 2005
2,425 Posts
My first reaction was it's a German Jaguar when I saw the black head, but no it's not that elsewhere.
gossie is offline Find More Posts by gossie
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:14 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,329 Posts
Wohm

Use of the 3-cylinder Wohm on a German made biplane.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:15 AM
Belgium
Joined Aug 2004
3,329 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gossie View Post
My first reaction was it's a German Jaguar when I saw the black head, but no it's not that elsewhere.
Yes get your point but there were no rc carbs on the jaguar 's far as I know.
Reginald is offline Find More Posts by Reginald
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:32 AM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,776 Posts
Any safe bodge on this...?

Hi,

Two of my recently cleaned diesels have slightly, just slightly tight fitting contra pistons. In 'working' order ok, but just a little 'too much' to feel comfortable...
In both cases I noticed this initially, when de-pressing the cp's (under heat), and even when dead clean, with a lot of oil applied, these 2 engines still 'stand out' a little in this matter....

Is there a known safe fix for this...?...reasonably lo-tech, if possible...
The cp's just need to be a tad - or a fraction of a tad - looser, to feel nice.

As I'm aware of how easy it would be to overdo things, I'm presently thinking of a careful polish of the cp under rotation...Autosol...?

I thought I'd put the question out here before I go on...

Gluehand is offline Find More Posts by Gluehand
Last edited by Gluehand; Oct 23, 2012 at 07:40 AM.
Old Oct 23, 2012, 07:59 AM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,347 Posts
Bosse,
Everything has to be low tech for me.
I remove the cylinder and tap the c/p down the bore, from the top, using a hammer and fairly thick dowel (say 1/4"), then turn the cylinder upside down, and tap the c/p right up to the top again, until it's flush with the top of the cylinder (the c/p is probably only tight at the top of the bore anyway).
Just keep repeating this process, usually around 10 or a dozen times, until the c/p fit becomes the way you want.
As you say, I suppose you could use mild abrasive (metal cleaner), but I only use 3in1 and it works OK.
This simple method has always worked for me.
Brian
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Running the PAW 19RC TBR diesel
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:59 AM
The windy west coast of Sweden
Joined Sep 2008
2,776 Posts
Thanks Brian. for those strengthening words...
Yes, I'll first try your recommended "reciprocate" method, then if needed, use some very fine abrasive....

Gluehand is offline Find More Posts by Gluehand
Old Oct 23, 2012, 03:48 PM
Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia
Joined Mar 2008
475 Posts
Gents

M Chandrayan gets the cigar.

The mystery engine is a K-700 ( 7 ccm) by Aurora. A lot of Webra influence in the design. It pre-dates the more recent K-600 and K-650 engines, which have a separate head and exhaust collector ring fitted.

The external finish is rough, but it has smooth bearings and great c/p and p/l fits.
fiery is offline Find More Posts by fiery
Old Oct 23, 2012, 04:00 PM
Denmark, Nordjylland, Kongerslev
Joined Nov 2005
5 Posts
Hi all

Thanks for an interesting thread !

I wondered if anybody can help me identify this one :

Name: P1060565.jpg
Views: 36
Size: 126.0 KB
Description:

Name: P1060566.jpg
Views: 23
Size: 130.1 KB
Description:

Name: P1060567.jpg
Views: 28
Size: 122.4 KB
Description:

There is nothing written/stamped on it ...

Hope you can help.

Cheers

Allan
korup is offline Find More Posts by korup
Old Oct 23, 2012, 06:20 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
"This is a vintage French Dynamic diesel airplane engine marked 2334. It comes in the original box which says Atelier Models with manual for the engine. It also has what looks like a large screw and needle in the box"

(More information required here - Brian, anyone ? )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Dyna...item3ccba414d2
Twin-Stack is offline Find More Posts by Twin-Stack
Old Oct 23, 2012, 09:23 PM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
"This is a very rare Pionyr diesel engine, SN 60115. It has very good compression and turns free. It is a Schnuerle ported diesel, very robust and has very good workmanship. It has never been mounted. There is no muffler or box. This engine was almost unheard of outside of Russia. I received it in the mid 70's from a friend."
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:53 PM
Sticks, Tissue & old Diesels
France, Centre, Amboise
Joined Nov 2011
1,347 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post
"This is a vintage French Dynamic diesel airplane engine marked 2334. It comes in the original box which says Atelier Models with manual for the engine. It also has what looks like a large screw and needle in the box"

Bob, There isn't much more information to give. The ad. text is correct. This is the Dynamic, 1.5cc (blue head). Made in Paris, mid-fifties, by a gentleman called Jacques Cornet. There is a similar engine with a red head called "Le Jet" which is 1cc. The one in the photo just has the fuel needle removed, and what the seller is calling a "large screw" looks to me like it may be a spare spraybar.
I considered bidding, but it's another of these "not outside the US" deals, so I didn't bother. Shame... I don't know what the final selling price was, but the guy would probably have made much more by selling in Europe.
brokenenglish is offline Find More Posts by brokenenglish
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Running the PAW 19RC TBR diesel
Old Oct 23, 2012, 11:58 PM
Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India
Joined Sep 2003
457 Posts
Well! At least I can claim to know my onions as far as Indian made engines are concerned :-)
But not having a bolt on back plate on that one was slightly confusing as most of the K diesels sport the bolt and nut method. Only on the K Mills they came with screw on back plate. But then I have never seen the K 700
mchandrayan is offline Find More Posts by mchandrayan
Old Oct 24, 2012, 04:56 AM
Closed Account
Joined Nov 2009
2,653 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by korup View Post
Hi all

Thanks for an interesting thread !

I wondered if anybody can help me identify this one :
There is nothing written/stamped on it ...

Allan
Czechoslovakian ?
Old Oct 24, 2012, 06:03 AM
Birthplace of Aviation
Joined Jul 2003
1,625 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twin-Stack View Post

This was my third engine, in 1957 or 1958. I had bought the plastic Ready-to-Fly control-line model offered by the firm, complete with Dynamic 1,5 engine, through "La Source des Inventions" in Paris and flew it until worn out from too many crashes. Then the engine went into a Berkeley Helioplane which I also flew control-line. The engine worked alright and gave many flights, but also rapped my fingers more than any other engine I ever had. It was not an easy starter, unlike the Jaguar 2,5 cm3 and the ED Baby 0,46 cm3 I had before it. I did not keep it, but found another one some years ago, complete with the original spinner meant to wrap a string around as a starting help, but missing the piston and conrod, which will be a winter project for the EMCO Unimat lathe when it is set up this winter.
JMP_blackfoot is offline Find More Posts by JMP_blackfoot