New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 09, 2016, 03:20 AM
Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
UK, Bedworth
Joined Apr 2004
3,280 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
Yes, BUT, the polarity is opposite, so, watch how you plug them in.
There are clear instructions on the MMW web site

Terry
Terry Rigden is offline Find More Posts by Terry Rigden
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 12, 2016, 05:34 PM
Find More Posts by John63
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
156 Posts
On manual my NQX is pretty uncontrollable. I can hover around but as soon as it gets tilted bit it just goes off. I use and DX8 and have tried different amounts of expo but it is still wild.
My Night Hawk is so calm on manual with a CC3D.
It is the nature of the little beast or do I just have to get used to it?

Thanks for ideas in advance.
John63 is online now Find More Posts by John63
Old Jan 12, 2016, 07:10 PM
Find More Posts by George1234
Hamilton Ont.Canada
Joined Feb 2007
267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John63 View Post
On manual my NQX is pretty uncontrollable. I can hover around but as soon as it gets tilted bit it just goes off. I use and DX8 and have tried different amounts of expo but it is still wild.
My Night Hawk is so calm on manual with a CC3D.
It is the nature of the little beast or do I just have to get used to it?

Thanks for ideas in advance.
Are you flying it in red mode or blue mode? Mine is crazy in red mode, but quite docile in blue mode.
George
George1234 is online now Find More Posts by George1234
Old Jan 12, 2016, 07:32 PM
Find More Posts by donsinger1
aka KF7DS
United States, OR, Portland
Joined Nov 2009
1,130 Posts
Nature of the beast in red mode.
donsinger1 is online now Find More Posts by donsinger1
Old Jan 12, 2016, 07:56 PM
Find More Posts by John63
Vancouver, Canada
Joined Jan 2010
156 Posts
Yes, it is crazy in red. Blue is pretty docile. I wanted to practice flips and rolls but it may take some time and perfectly still air before I can get it to fly in a straight line to do that.

The other thing I have notice is that it sure flies better with my DX8. I had never flown one with the RTF Tx. The batteries have lots of charge but it wanders, goes up and down like a yoyo, like it is heavily drugged.

Thanks guys.
John63 is online now Find More Posts by John63
Last edited by John63; Jan 12, 2016 at 08:37 PM.
Old Jan 14, 2016, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by CraigHB
crash tested
United States, NV, Reno
Joined Dec 2014
1,837 Posts
The Nano QX is in rate mode when the LED is red, Blade calls that agility mode. It feels similar to my CP helis that traditionally fly in rate mode. When the LED is blue it's in attitude mode which self levels. Blade calls that stability mode Your CC3D has the option of rate mode, attitude mode or rattitude mode (a hybrid of the two). When running your CC3D in rate mode it should feel similar to the Nano QX in agility mode.

That said, the Nano QX does have a lot of control authority in rate mode. It's capable of pretty high rates which makes it sensitive at the controls. Assuming a fully programmable transmitter, you should to drop the rates and use a lot of expo to get it to feel less twitchy and more manageable. Personally I run 60% on the aileron and elevator rates with 50% expo. That's a low rate compared to my helis which I usually run 70 to 100%. I run 50% expo typically, but it depends on the transmitter since expo scales vary with the make of transmitter. I use a Spektrum DX6 which would not necessarily be the same as 50% expo with another make.

In any case, rate mode is a lot harder to fly than attitude mode as the mode does not self level. It will remain in whatever attitude you put it until you provide a control input. It normally feels like trying to balance a marble on a tray. If the controls are too sensitive it becomes an impossible task.
CraigHB is offline Find More Posts by CraigHB
Old Jan 14, 2016, 10:01 PM
Find More Posts by Dennis S
Orlando FL
United States, FL, Ocoee
Joined Jul 2013
608 Posts
I have been practicing in agility mode ( red mode) , with lot of space I can do flips, well they are not really flips more like big loops, is it possible to do tight flips like you get with quads that have a flip button. The challenge of agility mode is what separates this quad from cheaper toy grade quads
Dennis S is online now Find More Posts by Dennis S
Old Jan 15, 2016, 03:22 PM
Find More Posts by Tim Green
Launch the drones ...
Ashtabula, OH USA
Joined May 1999
4,051 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Djob View Post
If u want 5 mins of hard sports flying with juice to spare..get the mylipos 205mah from mmw. You wont be disappointed
Toda I finally got these batts you recommended - and tried them out. They are great. Breathes new life into my Nanos. Thx again.
Tim Green is offline Find More Posts by Tim Green
Old Jan 20, 2016, 01:13 PM
Find More Posts by fasteddie123
FastEddie123
United States, MN, Lake Elmo
Joined Nov 2013
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Green View Post
Toda I finally got these batts you recommended - and tried them out. They are great. Breathes new life into my Nanos. Thx again.
When I tried to order those they were out. So I got some nanotech 200ma 35-70c .. I get 7 mins with a smd light kit - very happy with them. ( just another option ) - eddie
fasteddie123 is offline Find More Posts by fasteddie123
Old Jan 26, 2016, 03:04 PM
Find More Posts by fasteddie123
FastEddie123
United States, MN, Lake Elmo
Joined Nov 2013
505 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John63 View Post
Yes, it is crazy in red. Blue is pretty docile. I wanted to practice flips and rolls but it may take some time and perfectly still air before I can get it to fly in a straight line to do that.

The other thing I have notice is that it sure flies better with my DX8. I had never flown one with the RTF Tx. The batteries have lots of charge but it wanders, goes up and down like a yoyo, like it is heavily drugged.

Thanks guys.
Adjust your throttle curve - step 1 about 30% or so - the others semi flat up to 100% (or maybe less for indoors) . makes it less twitchy in the sweet spot.
fasteddie123 is offline Find More Posts by fasteddie123