New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 06, 2016, 05:20 AM
Find More Posts by agedflier
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
3,283 Posts
I bought my Tucan for $135 in kit form...I wasn't about to pay nearly an extra $300 for the electrics.. H/K are not making any of the planes I would like..and there are NO reasonably priced FMS/freewing planes sold in Au...Remember I said...reasonably priced...NOT with 50%+ markup as lots do knowing shipping can sometimes be the deal breaker when buying from Asia...Have you checked out the new 1600mm P-38 Berkie ??
agedflier is online now Find More Posts by agedflier
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 07, 2016, 04:51 PM
Find More Posts by Phoenix239
Spain, Aragón, Huesca
Joined May 2015
126 Posts
Good Plan ?

Seriously considering adding a Tucan to my fleet for a variety of reasons.

Currently putting together a Phoenix Model Pilatus PC-9 as a main project to be ready for the summer. The Tucan would make a nice, less complex, little brother to the PC-9, and serve as a trike undercarriage trainer too, as all my other models are tail draggers.

A friend has recently bought one and really likes how it flies. A second friend flew the fist friends Tucan and immediately bought one which is now just awaiting on servos to be complete.

For a while now I've been looking for a home for a Turnigy Propdrive 35-48 1100kv motor and a 60A esc and it seems that they'd be just about perfect for the Tucan. Also have a number of suitable 3S/4S lipos.

My local model shop is 100m from my house and Mpx models usually take about a week to arrive once ordered.

Can't think of any other reasons..........can't think of any negatives either although I would need to buy servos as I don't have any suitable in the spares box.

Do I have a good plan ?

Steve.
Phoenix239 is offline Find More Posts by Phoenix239
Old Feb 07, 2016, 06:14 PM
Find More Posts by tmulligan
Tommy Toy the Crazy Boy
United States, AR, Jonesboro
Joined Mar 2013
1,062 Posts
It really is a nice plane. I've now flown mine about 10 times since finishing it about a week ago.

It is very solid. I really like the wood skeleton. The landing gear are exceptionally solid. The tires are the best I've ever seen. It will fly fast or slowly depending on your preference. I've found no bad habits. My only challenge was figuring out which motor and prop to use. Once Jesse from HURC helped me, it flew beautifully.

I'm thinking of buying another.

Tom
tmulligan is online now Find More Posts by tmulligan
Old Feb 08, 2016, 04:38 AM
Find More Posts by Berkie
Great Southern Land
Australia
Joined Feb 2007
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by agedflier View Post
I bought my Tucan for $135 in kit form...I wasn't about to pay nearly an extra $300 for the electrics.. H/K are not making any of the planes I would like..and there are NO reasonably priced FMS/freewing planes sold in Au...Remember I said...reasonably priced...NOT with 50%+ markup as lots do knowing shipping can sometimes be the deal breaker when buying from Asia...Have you checked out the new 1600mm P-38 Berkie ??
Is that an FMS?
Berkie is offline Find More Posts by Berkie
Old Feb 08, 2016, 05:39 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
3,283 Posts
Hoppy it is a brand called flightline made for Motion RC ..I believe they are made by freewing..

Something like a "homebrand" model but much better than the Durafly that H/K uses.

Here is the link.. I think you will like it...I do..altho by the time it gets here it will be over my budget..lol

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...13370389,d.dGo
Old Feb 09, 2016, 04:54 AM
Great Southern Land
Australia
Joined Feb 2007
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Hoppy it is a brand called flightline made for Motion RC ..I believe they are made by freewing..

Something like a "homebrand" model but much better than the Durafly that H/K uses.

Here is the link.. I think you will like it...I do..altho by the time it gets here it will be over my budget..lol

http://www.google.com.au/url?sa=t&rc...13370389,d.dGo
Why is it better than Durafly (FMS)?
Old Feb 09, 2016, 04:13 PM
Australia, VIC, Bendigo
Joined Jan 2012
3,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berkie View Post
Why is it better than Durafly (FMS)?
Just my first impressions.... BIGGER.....price.....finish....backup....

Whats your impressions.???????
Old Feb 10, 2016, 06:14 AM
Great Southern Land
Australia
Joined Feb 2007
2,737 Posts
Quote:
Just my first impressions.... BIGGER.....price.....finish....backup....

Whats your impressions.???????
Hadn't noticed much about Freewing at all, but have been doing research and yes, quality seems better than FMS
Freewing P51 1400 at $469 (Extreme Hobby) comes with sound included. That alone is worth $115