HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Aug 2013
36 Posts
I'll be there too. I will have my plane ready with some practice time on it. I wanted to go the Wings meet, but fate was against me. I'll be flying in Novice or B Novice, which ever one they will let me fly my plane in since it isn't an approved SPA.

I am looking forward to it. I hope to make the complete circuit next year. I'll have a couple of Vertigo II's to beat everyone's a$$ with. Thanks to Tim.

Frank
fcox04 is offline Find More Posts by fcox04
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2013, 10:32 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Nov 2009
417 Posts
That would be cool to see the Vertigo planes there. I'll try to get mine finished too. The Phoenix is flying great now so the Vertigo should be a bit better.
Timthetoolman is offline Find More Posts by Timthetoolman
Old Sep 16, 2013, 12:38 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
Joined Nov 2009
417 Posts
Frank, I'll sign you up under Novice at the Thunderbird event.
PM me your address, AMA number.
Or if you wanted to sign up, here's the site https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1Ymc...WkR1k/viewform

Tim
Old Sep 16, 2013, 01:18 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
I just picked up a H9 Phoenix 7 this weekend, but won't have it ready for the October event. This is a winter build. I look forward to talking to Phoenix owners about power plants and set ups.
Kaos is ready to go.

Scott
scottrc78 is offline Find More Posts by scottrc78
Old Sep 16, 2013, 01:23 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
Joined Nov 2009
417 Posts
How are you setting up the P7? With retracts or pipe or fixed gear.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 03:55 PM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
Well, good question, I haven't decided yet, which is why I look forward to going to a few SPA events to see how they are set up and ask some questions.

I did practically fall in love with the plane when seeing the H9 video with the wheels up. I enjoy flying fast and predictable planes. I have an Ultra Sport 40 with a tuned and ported .52 and retracts and it is not only a fast plane, but extremely predictable and makes me look like a much better pilot then I really am. I am told I am in for quite the experience with the Phoenix.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 04:15 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
Joined Nov 2009
417 Posts
That's what I like about the NovaRossi 60F long stroke. It can be set up with pipe or muffler so then you can just leave the wheels down for SPA if you want.
It would be nice to bring that home from the event.
Old Sep 16, 2013, 04:53 PM
CPA 30, SPA 523
Joined Nov 2009
417 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by edh13 View Post
After looking at your group pic I just realized I have a SPA legal plane! As long as I don’t throw the gear lever…

Hmm… Texas is only one state over. If you don’t count New Mexico (Nobody does).
My wife has a sister in Austin that she may need to be visiting about this time next year. TBD
Eric
Eric, I told my wife about that one. She said, 'hey, we spent a lot of winter and summer vacations there.'

We are only a couple hours from Austin. It would be a good time to tell your wife you are dropping her off with her sister to have girl time for a couple days and you'll join her afterwards. They'll get that girly stuff out of their system by the time you return...unless she is like my wife and likes the events.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 11:45 AM
Joined Feb 2012
108 Posts
That's my excuse, I'm coming down to visit the in-laws but have a opt out not to have to spend a lot of time under the same roof. I hope to bring my father in law out to the event. He loves to watch and help out.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 01:44 PM
United States, AZ, Mesa
Joined May 2003
473 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timthetoolman View Post
Eric, I told my wife about that one. She said, 'hey, we spent a lot of winter and summer vacations there.'

We are only a couple hours from Austin. It would be a good time to tell your wife you are dropping her off with her sister to have girl time for a couple days and you'll join her afterwards. They'll get that girly stuff out of their system by the time you return...unless she is like my wife and likes the events.
I used the 'family trip' thing for Robert's Riverside event; we had a niece graduating in nearby Rancho Cucamonda. Worked like a champ. Hopefully she won't detect a theme...
edh13 is offline Find More Posts by edh13
Old Oct 04, 2013, 08:11 PM
dannylooper
Joined Aug 2011
188 Posts
Jesus loves you
flybydanny is online now Find More Posts by flybydanny
Last edited by flybydanny; Oct 04, 2013 at 09:44 PM.