HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:55 PM
United States, NY, Kings
Joined Nov 2007
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gstihls View Post
No difference in product, different sellers.
szrcmodel / KING HOBBY TOY ACCESSORIES
My bad. It was my first time on aliexpress i didn't realize they had individual sellers. Thank you
malik999 is offline Find More Posts by malik999
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 13, 2013, 07:56 PM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
I've run 3 packs through it in my back room, hover was near perfect out of the box despite a not level swash.
One thing you all failed to mention was the noise this thing makes - it's awesome! The sound of the blades is like none of my other birds!

I agree the sound is like a real chopper when you do a fly over close to your head either on purpose or by loss of control. also i was bragging about only breaking 1 main blade. well today the wind stopped so out I went. flew in the front yard for 2 packs then on the third ireally tangled with a tall tree and broke my tail rotor in half. also dinged teh tail pipe with the flybar. I realy like that this bird is easy to see.
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:00 PM
mSRx,Mini,130x,MCP,300x,V 450D0
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
259 Posts
^ I am soooooooo jealous.
gstihls is offline Find More Posts by gstihls
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:09 PM
Amateur copter crasher.
United States, OH, Worthington
Joined Dec 2012
133 Posts
I'm still at a tossup between the f45, f46, or the v912.... These copters all have their pluses and minuses.
jwilkers is offline Find More Posts by jwilkers
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:21 PM
United States, CA, Los Angeles
Joined Apr 2011
595 Posts
How bad are these helis outside in the wind I hear fb heli suck in the wind.
ITS ME DAVID is offline Find More Posts by ITS ME DAVID
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:31 PM
Underdog
United States, OH, Toledo
Joined Dec 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
I too received my V912 today, sadly, the Tx is busted. All three of my birds are grounded for one reason or other.
That is sad and disturbing. You are the third person to receive a V912 with a broken transmitter stick right out of the box. I wonder what is going on? I think each of you got them from different sellers. I think you got yours from Ehirobo, Crackup got his from Helipal, and Tonytester got his from Tmart? It would be better if they all came from the same vendor. Now I dont know what to think.

I think Tonytester fixed his and Crackup had a spare transmitter. What are you going to do? Keep us posted. Hope you get to fly it soon. Can you fly it using a V911 transmitter?
Jonboy. is offline Find More Posts by Jonboy.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:38 PM
Underdog
Joined Dec 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by col1n View Post
Speaking if which... here are a few of them

Thats awesome. Hope the weather improves for you. I would be interested to hear how this heli compares to your others.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 08:58 PM
Underdog
Joined Dec 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwilkers View Post
I'm still at a tossup between the f45, f46, or the v912.... These copters all have their pluses and minuses.
I had the same decision to make last week. I got a lot of helpful advice but I think Crackup best summarized what to expect from a V912 vs an F45. I havent got it yet but Im hoping the V912 will be big enough to lift a camera and fly high, yet small enough to fly and manuver in my backyard.

Also, eventually I will be thinking of my next heli (seems silly to be considering my next heli when I havent even got this one yet). I could always get the F45 at that point if I still want to try a bigger heli. But if WLToys does a good job with this heli like they did with the V911 then I can just slide over to the V913. Or I may want to try the V922 CP at that point.

In the end my decision was made easier by looking at this as just another step in my heli experience and not trying to find the one perfect option.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:06 PM
USA, SC, Charleston
Joined Oct 2002
393 Posts
Quote:
I too received my V912 today, sadly, the Tx is busted. All three of my birds are grounded for one reason or other.
When I first ordered a V911, I decided to get the V929 transmitter, thinking I needed the additional lower rate settings. I ended up getting an RTF before the V929 TX came in from BangGood, so I never used the V929 TX. In fact, I only use the high rates on the V911 TX. If the V911 TX will work for the V912, and I think somebody said it will, the V929 TX will work also. I would make you a good deal on it, and I could ship it from Charleston, SC, Thursday morning. PM me if you're interested.

Rick
Ricomon is offline Find More Posts by Ricomon
Old Feb 13, 2013, 09:31 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
259 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonboy. View Post
That is sad and disturbing. You are the third person to receive a V912 with a broken transmitter stick right out of the box. I wonder what is going on? I think each of you got them from different sellers. I think you got yours from Ehirobo, Crackup got his from Helipal, and Tonytester got his from Tmart? It would be better if they all came from the same vendor. Now I dont know what to think.

I think Tonytester fixed his and Crackup had a spare transmitter. What are you going to do? Keep us posted. Hope you get to fly it soon. Can you fly it using a V911 transmitter?
Its the packaging, there's a plastic window across the front of the box that shows off the helicopter. It looks nice but functionally, it doesn't protect the contents well at all. WL Toys need to rethink the packaging and protect their product better. Unfortunately my tx is irreparable and I don't own a 911 so I'm grounded until I get the replacement. grrr....
Old Feb 13, 2013, 10:55 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricomon View Post
When I first ordered a V911, I decided to get the V929 transmitter, thinking I needed the additional lower rate settings. I ended up getting an RTF before the V929 TX came in from BangGood, so I never used the V929 TX. In fact, I only use the high rates on the V911 TX. If the V911 TX will work for the V912, and I think somebody said it will, the V929 TX will work also. I would make you a good deal on it, and I could ship it from Charleston, SC, Thursday morning. PM me if you're interested.

Rick
My 912, 911 and 949 all fly from all 3 transmitters - 912tx works with all 3, 911tx works with all 3, 949tx works with all 3.Needing better weather to test, but I think the top right button on the 912tx will make the 949 (version A) flip

Quote:
Thats awesome. Hope the weather improves for you. I would be interested to hear how this heli compares to your others.
The big bird on the left is a DH9053. After infared super micro's, that was my first heli. Too big for indoors, absolute garbage in the slightest wind.
We all know how awesome the 911's are! After limited flying the 912 feels like a (much) more stable version, but abit like driving a bus after a car if that makes sense. Did I mention how cool the blades sound?

Quote:
Its the packaging, there's a plastic window across the front of the box that shows off the helicopter. It looks nice but functionally, it doesn't protect the contents well at all. WL Toys need to rethink the packaging and protect their product better. Unfortunately my tx is irreparable and I don't own a 911 so I'm grounded until I get the replacement. grrr....
Mine was from banggood. It came with thick cardboard taped over the "viewing window", protective foam wrapped around the entire box and them the legendary yellow tape around that.

Quote:
I havent got it yet but Im hoping the V912 will be big enough to lift a camera and fly high, yet small enough to fly and manuver in my backyard.
Don't know which camera you've got, but the main motor in the 912 is extremely powerful. I have an 808#16 that I use on the quad. The 912 would lift the camera whilst attached to the quad...
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Last edited by col1n; Feb 13, 2013 at 11:05 PM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:02 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
259 Posts
Thanks col1n for the info.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:21 PM
United States, FL
Joined Jan 2013
259 Posts
Thanks for the info col1n.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 11:37 PM
United Kingdom, England, York
Joined Aug 2012
142 Posts
Quote:
Thanks for the info col1n.
No worries buddy!

Col
col1n is offline Find More Posts by col1n
Old Feb 14, 2013, 10:37 AM
Yo R Wee Too Lo
United States, OH, Cleveland
Joined Oct 2011
893 Posts
Quote:
Mine had cardboard taped over the plastic window, also the box showed no signs of any damage or impact..
tonytester
tonytester is offline Find More Posts by tonytester