HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 23, 2013, 08:03 PM
Philippines, NCR, Manila
Joined Oct 2007
136 Posts
Mine came finally at last! i have an orange rx from my micro rearbear and used it on this plane. It was very tricky with short wires and with a big hand like mine but doable.
mikeramos is offline Find More Posts by mikeramos
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2013, 11:07 PM
Seymour,TN
Joined Feb 2010
248 Posts
my push rod broke the one that comes from under the wing is there any way it can be fixed without replacing it which seems like it would be a pain trying to get the wing off without breaking it
TcCobra13 is offline Find More Posts by TcCobra13
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: ESKY D700 3G fix
Old Mar 24, 2013, 03:14 AM
loves to fly...
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Apr 2012
82 Posts
i know this is a late reply but i'd rather answer it to help someone out. yes i think there is a way to fix this without removing the wing. but it'll be tricky. if you broke the pushrod tho, you will need a replacement. i know how it's setup from having to replace that servo. it's a weird design. in the center of that pushrod is an attachment that has a "peg" on it. that peg slides into a hole on the servo control horn. while keeping the rod in the holes it protrudes from you can put light pressure on it to bend the pushrod out and then slide the rod right and left until you blindly find the hole the peg is supposed to be in by letting up on the pressure of the rod. when its correctly connected, you'll obviously be able to hear the servo is attached. good luck with this trial and error method
flyingpete is offline Find More Posts by flyingpete
Old May 31, 2013, 05:52 PM
H.D. Video and Photo Aviation
United States, NV, Carson City
Joined Mar 2012
103 Posts
issues with the plane?

Quote:
Originally Posted by knighttwister View Post
mine does that sometimes in a hard banking turn. it's like it loses signal for a split second, but recovers before it has any effect on flight surfaces. only throtlr is affected.
if you are in cold weather, that may cause it also.
I have the same issue and that's why I came here to find out if others had the same issues. It almost cuts off for a split second. I never lost control of it but have flown 3-4 minutes. In fact it happens every time and I was going to tear into it but just figured its a cheap POS so why bother if it blows to hell then that will be that.

I does fly decent for a little model and did one hand launch and will never do it again because jets need a little more air flow over the wings IE longer runway to get flying. I always take off and land with the wheels on the conventional runway.
koss1000 is offline Find More Posts by koss1000
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 02, 2013, 08:05 AM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
846 Posts
Yes, I too have the motor turning off briefly in flight (and possibly the whole RX) when flown from right to left at the correct angle for long-enough time. Very bothersome. It seems that the RX antenna is shielded from the TX signal by the Lipo. I have repositioned the RX antenna as shown, but have not flown it yet to see if this maintains signal throughout the flight. I may have made it worse.

The idea is to move the RX antenna away from the Lipo and maintain at least a 45 degree angle between the RX and TX antenna. Ideally the antennas should be parallel, of course.
CorvetteC5 is offline Find More Posts by CorvetteC5
Old Jun 05, 2013, 06:40 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
669 Posts
If you look in the canopy you will see a slot- the antenna should be installed straight up into the slot

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5 View Post
Yes, I too have the motor turning off briefly in flight (and possibly the whole RX) when flown from right to left at the correct angle for long-enough time. Very bothersome. It seems that the RX antenna is shielded from the TX signal by the Lipo. I have repositioned the RX antenna as shown, but have not flown it yet to see if this maintains signal throughout the flight. I may have made it worse.

The idea is to move the RX antenna away from the Lipo and maintain at least a 45 degree angle between the RX and TX antenna. Ideally the antennas should be parallel, of course.
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jun 05, 2013, 09:27 PM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane View Post
If you look in the canopy you will see a slot- the antenna should be installed straight up into the slot
I appreciate the help. Are you referring to the black plastic of the canopy where, when looking at the underside, I find a slot that is the molding of the pilot seat headrest? If not then I am unsure what other slot you mean.

Where did this information originate from? Is this your recommendation or Great Planes?

I agree that positioning the RX antenna straight upwards and above the fuselage should produce the least glitchy signal. I am unable to do that due to the canopy being over the RX, of course.
Old Jun 06, 2013, 07:46 PM
Canada, SK, Prince Albert
Joined Aug 2006
669 Posts
Yes that's the slot- I read about orienting the antenna like that here on RCGroups. There were a lot of cutouts when this plane first flew. I put in the hobby king receiver and I still put the antenna into the canopy slot( pilots headrest)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorvetteC5 View Post
I appreciate the help. Are you referring to the black plastic of the canopy where, when looking at the underside, I find a slot that is the molding of the pilot seat headrest? If not then I am unsure what other slot you mean.

Where did this information originate from? Is this your recommendation or Great Planes?

I agree that positioning the RX antenna straight upwards and above the fuselage should produce the least glitchy signal. I am unable to do that due to the canopy being over the RX, of course.
fairplane is offline Find More Posts by fairplane
Old Jun 16, 2013, 07:07 AM
Kokomo, Indiana
Joined Jun 2008
846 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fairplane View Post
Yes that's the slot- I read about orienting the antenna like that here on RCGroups. There were a lot of cutouts when this plane first flew. I put in the hobby king receiver and I still put the antenna into the canopy slot( pilots headrest)
fairplane, very good call. The F-86 has been flying without brownouts for the very first time with the RX antenna moved as you described. Thanks. Greatly appreciated!