New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 25, 2015, 05:18 PM
Find More Posts by begemot
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Jun 2010
5 Posts
Help!
New Taranis X9D plus and X8R binding problems.

I received my new Taranis combo a few days ago. I still can't get it to bind. The receiver always has a dim green and a bright red LEDs lit.
Things I tried:
- Different binding modes - D8, D16, etc.
- Installed latest OpenTX firmware.
- Flashed latest internal XJT firmware.
- Flashed few different versions of X8R firmware.

It still doesn't bind. The LED colors don't ever change.
I am out of ideas at this point. I only have one TX and one RX so I can't even figure out which one is at fault.

I live near Leesburg, VA. Is there anyone around with a known working Frsky RX or TX who's willing to help me figure this thing out?

Thanks,
begemot
begemot is online now Find More Posts by begemot
Last edited by begemot; Apr 25, 2015 at 05:20 PM. Reason: Title change.
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 25, 2015, 05:27 PM
Find More Posts by 4*60
most exalted one
Canada, BC, Blind Bay
Joined Aug 2002
3,954 Posts
You are highliting the "bind" text and pressing enter and all? Sorry had to ask. Since it should go from red/green to red only .
4*60 is offline Find More Posts by 4*60
Old Apr 25, 2015, 05:31 PM
Find More Posts by begemot
United States, VA, Leesburg
Joined Jun 2010
5 Posts
Yes I do. I watched every binding video on the Internet and read all I could find about this problem. The transmitter chirps like it's supposed to. The distance between TX and RX doesn't make any difference either.
begemot is online now Find More Posts by begemot
Old Apr 25, 2015, 08:37 PM
Find More Posts by Hugh P
Quincy IL
Joined Jul 2006
594 Posts
Just had a similar experience with two X8R receivers. Setting up a FlyZone Calypso electric glider. Both receivers bound to a Taranis Plus /w 2.0.15 Open TX no problem in D16 CH 1 - 8. Then I attempted to bind to my older straight Taranis /w 2.0.15 Open TX and just got a blinking red and dim green LEDs at bind. fussed with it for some time. Quit playing with it then went back at it.

For what ever reason I just turned on the TX and RX and got a steady green and when I plugged in some servos everything worked. Fail safe worked & range check was normal.

It apparently does not give the proper indication of a bind but it is bound.

These two receivers came from Aloft early this year.
Hugh P is offline Find More Posts by Hugh P