New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 02, 2014, 06:37 PM
Find More Posts by wga22
United States, VA, Vienna
Joined Jun 2013
86 Posts
New Product
Turnigy Reaktor 300W 20A 6S Balance Charger

I couldnt find a thread on this charger, and have been pretty happy with mine, so thought a new thread might be good.

HobbyKing
wga22 is offline Find More Posts by wga22
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 02, 2014, 07:31 PM
Find More Posts by mrforsyth
So. Cal.
Joined Oct 2004
8,931 Posts
Interesting that the posted manual (and thus specifications / features) is a 100% copy of the iCharger 206B.

Makes one wonder whether this charger is endorsed (produced) by Junsi for HK or whether it's a ripoff....
mrforsyth is online now Find More Posts by mrforsyth
RCG Plus Member
Old Mar 12, 2014, 05:24 PM
Find More Posts by Thor_R
Airscrew Screwer
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Esrum
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrforsyth View Post
Interesting that the posted manual (and thus specifications / features) is a 100% copy of the iCharger 206B.

Makes one wonder whether this charger is endorsed (produced) by Junsi for HK or whether it's a ripoff....
Yup. Especially since it's nearly half the price (around 42% cheaper) compared to an iCharger 206B. For the consumer it seems like one of the best deals around for the power and features offered at the moment. Just bought one for the same reason.
I just hope that quality and voltage accuracy is comparable too. Judging from the feedback I've read so far it seems like it though.
Thor_R is offline Find More Posts by Thor_R
Old Mar 12, 2014, 07:03 PM
Find More Posts by grimbeaver
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,385 Posts
Since there are Junsi rebrands, ie Voltz, it's possible it's produced by them. But the price does suggest otherwise.
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Mar 12, 2014, 07:52 PM
Find More Posts by chuebner
That's gonna' leave a mark!!
Imperial, Sask.
Joined Apr 2007
201 Posts
I bought a Reaktor and an iCharger 106B about two months ago and have using both side by side and both are working great and balancing the same.

They both were calibrated when 1st purchased and will use them for another month or two and check the calibration in both again to see if they have wandered.

The HK Reaktor appears to be a twin to the 206B and has the same Junsi firmware as the iChargers. So far, a great deal for a charger of this capacity.
chuebner is offline Find More Posts by chuebner
Old Mar 14, 2014, 06:32 AM
Find More Posts by grimbeaver
United States, MN
Joined Feb 2011
4,385 Posts
I'm starting to think Hobbyking made a fresh set of clones and this is just one of them.

Just look at this one:

Kind of matches something else doesn't it:

And this one:

Kind of matches this:
grimbeaver is offline Find More Posts by grimbeaver
Old Apr 25, 2014, 06:25 AM
Find More Posts by madracer
Joined Aug 2012
152 Posts
Just got mine and does a better job of charging then my H/K quad charger and the Turnigy mega dual charger.

This charger runs so cool the fan barely comes on. Yes it works as I switched the fan off auto to check. Measures cells resistance and pack overall. 3 selectable balance modes and heaps of other functions.

So far very good.
madracer is offline Find More Posts by madracer
Old May 03, 2014, 11:40 AM
Find More Posts by Justapoke
Arcee Moron
The Netherlands
Joined Jun 2012
1,001 Posts
Anybody had any troubles with these chargers? Just ordered one myself.
Used a few Accucel 6 and 8 chargers, would love a bit more power and larger fan.
My Accucell 8 is a bit loud to my linkings.

Found this page with photos of the inside of both the Reaktor and 206B charger.

Use google translate to read the info.

http://rc-box.ru/forum/index.php?topic=31.0
Justapoke is offline Find More Posts by Justapoke
Old May 04, 2014, 02:33 PM
Find More Posts by Thor_R
Airscrew Screwer
Denmark, Capital Region of Denmark, Esrum
Joined Oct 2012
14 Posts
So far no problems with mine but I've only done a couple of LiPo balance charges at low amperage though.
Interesting to get confirmation that layout and firmware is indeed identical to iCharger 206B. Some components seem different (possibly cheaper) on the Reaktor though.
Thor_R is offline Find More Posts by Thor_R
Old May 04, 2014, 06:48 PM
Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO
United Kingdom
Joined Dec 2012
750 Posts
Looks like a great replacement for the Accucell 6 that I've had for around 5 years. It will probably also have the same menu which is advantageous.

I've been using the Accucell 6 to charge 6s 4000mAH packs, but at only 2.2A charging rate it's been a real chore.

Will be interesting to see if this is as reliable as the Accucell 6/imax b6.
ZeRoEXPO is offline Find More Posts by ZeRoEXPO
Old May 20, 2014, 04:37 AM
Find More Posts by parige
Joined Apr 2004
3 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor_R View Post
Interesting to get confirmation that layout and firmware is indeed identical to iCharger 206B. Some components seem different (possibly cheaper) on the Reaktor though.
Hi guys! I am the author of this small review. Indeed, these chargers are identical. The firmware version is also completely identical.
I'll be glad if you helped.
parige is offline Find More Posts by parige
Old May 23, 2014, 07:53 PM
Find More Posts by pylonboy
Ontario, Canada
Joined Jul 2005
350 Posts
Just got a Reaktor recently and so far so good. Identical specs to the iCharger 206, but it has a larger fan, more heat sink and different button style. If this charger holds up, it will be a bargain.

...........and to top it off............you get an real manual with the charger!! Looks like a copy of the iCharger manual.
pylonboy is offline Find More Posts by pylonboy
Old Jun 01, 2014, 04:53 PM
Find More Posts by scottc39
USA, MN, Shakopee
Joined Sep 2004
1,683 Posts
this is killing me , I want one of these but would like to hear more input, any thing else to add yet
scottc39 is offline Find More Posts by scottc39
Old Jun 01, 2014, 06:36 PM
Find More Posts by CerealKiller159
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2013
271 Posts
If you scroll to the bottom of this page you can see the stock level history. Looks like HK has sold a few hundred of these things and there hasn't been any major complaints so far. That page also has buddy codes to pick up one for ~$57. I'll be picking one up myself eventually.
CerealKiller159 is online now Find More Posts by CerealKiller159
Old Jun 02, 2014, 06:41 AM
Find More Posts by The Tug
Barbados
Joined Jan 2011
2,648 Posts
Can it do IR same as the 206b.
P.s Having read the manual yes it does,so I have order'd one ,I have never had a good ending with clones so we shall see how long it last.I shall report back on it's accuracy compared to a genuine ICharger.However it will be a while in the post.
The Tug is offline Find More Posts by The Tug
Last edited by The Tug; Jun 02, 2014 at 05:06 PM.