SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
This thread is privately moderated by cityevader, who may elect to delete unwanted replies.
Old Sep 10, 2012, 09:02 PM
Find More Posts by cityevader
IT'S NOSE HEAVY!!!!!!!
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
3,695 Posts
Discussion
Who "airfoils" their hands in bathroom hand-driers?

You know those loud blowers on bathroom walls instead of paper towels? Well, who else tries to create a faster airflow by shaping their hands in an hourglass shape to speed up airflow and dry faster?

Anybody actually timed it both ways to see if it does indeed dry faster? By the time it's dry I'm out of there and don't look back.
cityevader is online now Find More Posts by cityevader
Old Sep 12, 2012, 07:12 PM
56S
Find More Posts by 56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
An increase in velocity is a decrease in pressure. Higher pressure air holds more moisture.
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Old Sep 18, 2012, 10:34 AM
Find More Posts by mrodgers
United States, PA, Butler
Joined Jun 2006
1,003 Posts
I hate those air dryers. I get stuck in the bathroom at work anytime I am on that side of the plant. They are only in 1 bathroom and I can't figure out how to open the door to get out. Without having paper towels available, if I touch the door handle, I have to go back and wash my hands again and the door closes. You never know if Mark had just taken a dump and walked right out the door touching the door handle right before you went in.
mrodgers is offline Find More Posts by mrodgers
Old Sep 18, 2012, 03:07 PM
56S
Find More Posts by 56S
56S
Certified Balsa Breaker
Joined Nov 2006
1,468 Posts
Actually the door handle in a restoroom has been found to be cleaner on the inside than the outside. Enough people exit with clean hands to make a difference. Yea, I didn't believe that boatload of crap either. I still use the paper towel to open the door and toss it away when I leave.
Have you seen the newest high volume/high db blowers? I'd guess over 100db easy.
56S is offline Find More Posts by 56S
Old Sep 18, 2012, 09:40 PM
Find More Posts by mrodgers
United States, PA, Butler
Joined Jun 2006
1,003 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 56S View Post
Actually the door handle in a restoroom has been found to be cleaner on the inside than the outside. Enough people exit with clean hands to make a difference. Yea, I didn't believe that boatload of crap either. I still use the paper towel to open the door and toss it away when I leave.
Have you seen the newest high volume/high db blowers? I'd guess over 100db easy.
Yeah, but first, I'm not touching the door with my hands as it does not latched and can be nudged with a foot. Second, I am talking work, so I am going in with hands grimey with hydrolic oil or a clay powder and filthy with carbon black dust. I'm not bothered with what can be picked up right before washing my hands right before needing to grab a hold of any important areas to do the duty of the task, but am extremely bothered with having to touch the handle to open it right after the dredges of the production department just walked out of the stall bypassing the sink and right before I'm about to grab a hold of my sandwich to eat!'
mrodgers is offline Find More Posts by mrodgers
Old Sep 26, 2012, 07:48 AM
Find More Posts by scrub monkey
use the 4s luke, use the 4s...
Australia, QLD, Booyal
Joined Sep 2012
905 Posts
I like those jet dryers. They are like blades of air the scrape the water off. Amused me for about half an hour when i first came across them. Giggled like a three year and still smile when i walk in and see one
scrub monkey is offline Find More Posts by scrub monkey