Probotix V90 CNC Router with Electronics and upgrades
Great for making your own parts, or for making your own foam planes. Check out the CNC forum for what guys are doing with machines like this!
Machine uses Thomson Precision Linear shafts, Oilite bearings, Precision 20start Leadscrews, Delrin nuts, solid brass machined couplings, cast & machined commercial grade Z-Axis, NEMA 23 motors.
Description from Probotix Website:
Electronics are a package from "A Quick CNC", includes CNC Controller Board (Parallel Port Based), 260 Oz, 2.5A, 1.8 Deg/Step motors and power supply in a plastic cabinet with dual fans for cooling.
General Specifications of the CNC machine:
- X Axis: 18", 5 turns per Inch
- Y Axis: 12", 5 turns per Inch
- Z Axis: 3", 12 turns per Inch
I am using LinuxCNC for control, using an old Dell Laptop with a Parallel port. I have the machine setup for 1/2 micro-stepping, which provides for 2000 steps per inch on the X and Y axis (~0.0005"), and 4800 steps per inch on the Z axis (~0.0002"). The X and Y axis are set for a maximum speed of 1.4"/sec (84"/min), the Z axis is set at 0.4"/sec.
- Spindle Holder: The machine comes with a spindle holder for a Dremel 300 series. I used that to build a tool holder out of 3/4" HDPE to hold a Craftsman trim router.
- Brand new dual 3/4" MDF (for rigidity and flatness) spoil board with inset T-track, and Rockler hold downs.
- Spare set of Steppers: a spare set of steppers is included (200 Oz, 1.5A)
- Limit Switches: I have limit switches (6 of them), but they are not installed.
Asking $700 - Local pickup in the Denver area (No Shipping!!!!). This equivalent setup new from Probotix without the upgrades would be over $1000.
- Craftsman 28212 6.5A router - I would consider selling the router in the picture. It's nearly new. $80
- Bits - I have a large assortment of bits that I never used, including:
8 x carbide 1/8" end mills
5 x 1/16" end mills
Several misc end mills/ball mills (1/8" shaft)
2 x 1/4" to 1/8" adapters
2 x 1/4" shaft v-cutters (60 degree)
1/4" end mill
--- Price is negotiable for the bits
- E-Chain , 10x15mm by 1 meter. Didn't use it.
See more pictures on my craigslist post:
Last edited by Rifraf; Dec 31, 2012 at 08:51 AM. Reason: added limit switches
BTW - one of the other reasons I got it was I thought it'd be a lot of fun to make my own G10 parts for Quads... but, I don't have time much for quads anymore, either! Going to consolidate to just my planes....
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Build Log||Bluumax CNC router kit $415.00 with motors and controller||geostomp||CAD/CAM||122||Sep 28, 2014 02:24 PM|
|For Sale||Probotix V90 CNC router||FLYBOB54||Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W)||2||Jun 13, 2012 06:16 PM|
|Sold||Probotix V90 CNC router||13brv3||Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W)||9||May 15, 2011 05:59 PM|
|For Sale||CNC Laser/Router cutter electronics-REDUCED PRICE!||Alien_Tech||Aircraft - General - Miscellaneous (FS/W)||7||Oct 03, 2009 09:49 AM|
|CNC router Electronics||mrbaseballny||The Builders Workshop||1||Oct 04, 2005 01:25 PM|