HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 13, 2015, 09:43 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,115 Posts
Giant Scale Sound Install with Two 2" Speakers

Here is my H9 Super Cub with the speakers under the cowl. I did this because the weight was just right, and the volume is just perfect.

So for a warbird, four speakers will make it roar.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...&postcount=485
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2015, 04:47 AM
Sydney Australia
Joined Aug 2009
441 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
Arkx, you could also run two 2" speakers if there is a good vent. They weigh a little more, but you may need the ballast for a warbird. Then add two TT-25 per Andrew's method.
Andrew, I know this is the v4 thread & not the V5 thread but inline with this suggestion will the V5 when released be available with 2x TT25 & with 2x speakers (are the speakers even still available? ) I think this sounds like the best option.
Arkx400 is offline Find More Posts by Arkx400
Old Jan 21, 2015, 10:53 AM
Joined Feb 2012
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkx400 View Post
Andrew, I know this is the v4 thread & not the V5 thread but inline with this suggestion will the V5 when released be available with 2x TT25 & with 2x speakers (are the speakers even still available? ) I think this sounds like the best option.
The speakers are still available upon request. Honestly from my findings the TT-25s are so much better, lighter, etc. that the speakers do not make much sense anymore, but I do have them if anyone wants them.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Jan 21, 2015, 03:01 PM
United States, NC, Marion
Joined Jun 2011
833 Posts
My recent install and video of my sound system in the FMS 1400 Messerschmitt.

MRRCSound in a FMS Messerschmitt Bf-109 (0 min 38 sec)
ncflyer79 is online now Find More Posts by ncflyer79
Old Jan 21, 2015, 07:51 PM
Akron, Ohio
Joined Nov 2005
462 Posts
Beautiful install ncflyer79!
No need to adjust the CG by installing the speakers over the spar.
Aerobatman is online now Find More Posts by Aerobatman
Old Jan 21, 2015, 09:22 PM
Los Angeles
Joined Feb 2011
1,676 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyer79 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Ay...ature=youtu.be
Sounds good, but I think the ground crew forgot to top off the fuel tank.
CarToon is offline Find More Posts by CarToon
Old Feb 13, 2015, 10:56 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,957 Posts
I have observed a 'feature' in the V4 (and hope it is addressed in the upcoming V5): my Futaba 7C has a throttle cut feature, the operation of which abruptly reduces the throttle signal by a programmable amount. After starting the motor and sounds by advancing throttle trim, if I activate the throttle cut during the slow idle, the motor, of course, stops, but the sound doesn't shut down. If I disable throttle cut, and use the throttle trim to stop the motor, the sound system shuts down correctly. I assume it is because of the abrupt change in throttle signal, and that the sound board doesn't react well. It does the same when using the throttle cut to abruptly start the motor - if the sound card was powered with the cut active, it seldom starts up.
Wintr is online now Find More Posts by Wintr
Old Feb 13, 2015, 11:35 PM
Joined Nov 2005
2,115 Posts
Wintr, yes that is the way they work. I always start and stop my motor using the throttle trim to get the timing correct. I you have a Spektrum radio with a sequencer, you can use that instead of the trim. Then when the motor stops, I use the throttle cut for safety. Otherwise, there is no way to time the prop with the shutdown sequence.
tclaridge is online now Find More Posts by tclaridge
Old Feb 14, 2015, 04:42 AM
Sweden, Gävleborg County, Gävle
Joined Aug 2012
556 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tclaridge View Post
Wintr, yes that is the way they work. I always start and stop my motor using the throttle trim to get the timing correct. I you have a Spektrum radio with a sequencer, you can use that instead of the trim. Then when the motor stops, I use the throttle cut for safety. Otherwise, there is no way to time the prop with the shutdown sequence.
Hi guys!

Start and stop sequences are fixed and needs to be run all thru before the card reacts to other inputs, i.e. throttle change or AUX sounds.
I always use THR trim to start sound and prop. Eliminates the risk of sound shutting down if dead stick. Trim down and stop sequence begins. Sometimes a fast throttle up and down is needed to swing the prop a bit longer to time with the shutdown.

With ESC programmed to slowstart it gets more realistic.
Cheers Lasse
lassehellsten is offline Find More Posts by lassehellsten
Old Feb 14, 2015, 10:36 AM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,957 Posts
Yes, I know the start and stop sequences need to finish, before you can command another. It's just the board doesn't respond to the throttle signal abruptly changing; it apparently needs the slower steps of the trim. Just one more thing to remember after taxiing to a stop, instead of just killing the throttle with a switch.
Old Feb 14, 2015, 08:22 PM
Joined Feb 2012
1,974 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wintr View Post
Yes, I know the start and stop sequences need to finish, before you can command another. It's just the board doesn't respond to the throttle signal abruptly changing; it apparently needs the slower steps of the trim. Just one more thing to remember after taxiing to a stop, instead of just killing the throttle with a switch.
Maybe I can clear it up a little. The issue is that when you use a switch to cut it off, it produces a very fast off condition. When it is extremely fast like that the processor misses the signal to go into shut down. Since the new processor is a little more capable, it may not be an issue. It is something that I will check into and test.

Andrew
MrRCFlying is online now Find More Posts by MrRCFlying
Site Sponsor
Old Feb 14, 2015, 09:48 PM
USA, MO, Florissant
Joined Nov 2010
1,957 Posts
Glad you plan to look into it; I'm planning to put a V5 in my FMS P-51, and it would be nice if the processor worked with a signal that changes beyond the set 'zero' value, no matter how quickly.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 12:08 PM
Tennessee
Joined Apr 2009
5,872 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncflyer79 View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3Ay...ature=youtu.be
Looks very familiar! How do you like it in the air? How many transducers/speakers?

Alan

FMS Bf-109E with Mr RC Sound 4.1 (0 min 30 sec)
GiusedtoBe is offline Find More Posts by GiusedtoBe