Old Nov 06, 2015, 12:28 PM
Find More Posts by plhetter
United States, OH, Westerville
Joined Jul 2014
3 Posts
Discussion
Mega Hercules Helicopter won't hover

I purchased a used Mega Hercules Heli and it will not hover. If you try to hover it will begin to swing forward and backward like a pendulum. If you try to correct the swing it only worsens.
Suggestions?
plhetter is offline Find More Posts by plhetter
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 06, 2015, 04:52 PM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,710 Posts
Forward and backward movement is controlled by the tail motor. Could be a bad motor or a bad board.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14
Old Nov 08, 2015, 11:35 AM
Find More Posts by Timewerx
Joined Mar 2010
423 Posts
A binding flybar can also do that. Make sure the flybar is moving absolutely freely. Lift the heli by the rotor where the flybar is attached. Try to swivel the rotor hub which will make the flybar teeter. There should be very little friction and a little freeplay is good. If there is zero free play then you feel some friction then you might have a binding problem.

The only way I know to fix this problem is to put some silicon based oil in the rotor hub where it pivots about the mainshaft and also the pivot joint on the flybar. I don't put oil on the ball links maybe just a very little amount. A little free play on the ball links is enough.
Timewerx is offline Find More Posts by Timewerx
Old Dec 02, 2015, 04:55 AM
Find More Posts by gluedandscrewed
United States, SC, Gray Court
Joined Dec 2014
156 Posts
dont know of any copter that uses tail rotor to control forward or backward movement
gluedandscrewed is online now Find More Posts by gluedandscrewed
Old Dec 02, 2015, 05:51 AM
Find More Posts by gluedandscrewed
United States, SC, Gray Court
Joined Dec 2014
156 Posts
my apologies,,just saw a picture of the model,,still the tail rotor doesnt control fore or aft movement but compensates for the lack of cyclic control on the main rotors
gluedandscrewed is online now Find More Posts by gluedandscrewed
Old Dec 02, 2015, 09:10 PM
Find More Posts by Balr14
Cranky old fart
Germantown, WI.
Joined Oct 2007
21,710 Posts
Those really large 3 channel coaxes usually need a much larger tail motor to get them to move forward. A lot of weight in the nose helps, too. But, don't expect miracles, those things fly like a blimp; very poor movement authority.
Balr14 is offline Find More Posts by Balr14