|Yesterday, 04:03 PM|
Joined Mar 2008
Penguin and 1st FPV System
I have finished assembly on the Penguin I purchased from RMRC and may need a little help on the FPV setup. I have read so many threads on FPV my brain is swimming. I have purchased most of the equipment that I will need and just have to get it installed on the plane.
I figured that this build log might help others as well as me. This will be where I document my mistakes and triumphs. Hopefully I have more than and moments.
Here is what I have so far:
- Penguin V2 ARF with M2815 Motor and 60A ESC w/Switchmode BEC
- Fr SKY TARANIS X9d Transmitter
- RMRC 2500 mAh 3S 3C Lipo Transmitter Pack for TARANIS
- CXN Penguin Motor Mount with Handle
- APC 9x6e Prop
- RangeLink UHF LRS
- 400mW 1300MHz Transmitter - NEW CUSTOM RMRC US VERSION
- EagleEyes FPV Station
- (2) 1.3 GHz Receivers (V3 with 1258 MHz) RMRC
- 1.3 GHz Cloverleaf Whip Antenna Right Angle IBcrazy
- 1.3 GHz Cloverleaf Antenna IBcrazy
- securitycamera2000.com PZ0420A FPV Camera
- 8" RMRC LCD FPV Monitor
- Low Noise RMRC 5A Regulator (UBEC)
- (2) RMRC 5100 mAh 3S 35C Lipo Flight Packs
- EagleTree OSD Pro
- EagleTree eLogger v4
- EagleTree Guardian Stabilization
- EagleTree 10Hz GPS
I think thats it.... I HOPE
I will be posting pictures of my plane and ground station shortly. I will be taking small steps towards FPV, at least that is what has been recommended by countless people here in the FPV forums.
Plan of Action (STEPS) If you guys have any suggestions or comments, don't be afraid to chime in. I am all ears! .
1 - Fly LOS with RangeLink System
2 - Add video transmitter and FPV camera. Still fly with LOS spotter until I get comfortable.
3 - Add OSD
4 - TBD
5 - TBD
|Category||Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Build Log||Assembling Penguin and FPV System||norberto83||FPV Aircraft||97||Mar 13, 2014 08:46 PM|
|Discussion||Hobbyking Dynamic 1500 FPV/Penguin ?||Dogdude||FPV Aircraft||4||Jan 27, 2014 02:48 PM|
|Sold||FS: Complete Penguin Power System with CXN mount||AtTheCross||Aircraft - Electric - Power Systems (FS/W)||2||Jan 01, 2014 09:08 PM|
|Help!||Need help to setup 1st FPV system||Shehwar||FPV Talk||0||Nov 14, 2012 07:30 PM|