Find More Posts by 3DMON
KK4EHM--FPV Mon!
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined May 2005
1,644 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tolice View Post
Stinger, don't give up.
I had lots of fun with mine before crashing it very seriously.
It survived 3 or 4 crashes before total destroy

Will make another this year, just need some time to start.

Any HK motor suggestions for the normal size Speedy, with a 4S setup?

I made mine with an inrunner great planes motor and it was fine. Now I want one with an outrunner.

I think this 4400 kv is too large, don't? I have onde of these.
https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/...dProduct=11177

Maybe this?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...idProduct=8137
It runs on 4S

Too heavy?
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...dProduct=21483
The 2nd one listed would be the better choice. The motor I had for 4s that took it to 138 mph was 65 grams but they no longer sell it now.
3DMON is offline Find More Posts by 3DMON
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 18, 2015, 05:41 PM
Find More Posts by stingeragents
Joined Jan 2011
1,105 Posts
I'm trying not to give up. That 4th attempt broke my only 4x4 prop, and I've honestly been put off by the whole project. I'm sure its a great flying plane but I just can't figure it out. I may have to get on hobbyking and order a crap ton of cheapo 4x prop's. Somehow though, I always seem to have this problem with smaller planes. I scaled down a pusher prop f-18 a few years ago that ended up about the same size as the speedy. And for the life of me, attempt after attempt after attempt I could never get it to fly. I'd love to write it off to a newbie mistake, but I've flown for years so I can't. Just never have good luck with smaller planes for some reason.
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Old Jun 19, 2015, 12:40 PM
Find More Posts by tolice
Curitiba, PR, Brasil
Joined Aug 2010
97 Posts
Think smaller, AND FASTER, much faster
tolice is offline Find More Posts by tolice
Old Jun 19, 2015, 03:09 PM
Find More Posts by didjital
cuckoo for cocoa puffs
United States, FL, Port St Lucie
Joined May 2013
27 Posts
I had the same roll to the left problem with both of mine. I had put such small throws on the plane because of the speed that I was left with not enough to counter the torque roll. I then upped my deflections and found that I needed a boat load of right aileron to get it flying straight. I have probably about .150 to .200" of deflection with subtrim just to counter the torque. I also needed quite a lot of up elevator. My cg is per the plan, and with these changes it flies great, very smooth. Btw, I have a 4400kv running 3s on a 4.5x4.5 prop, and it screams. I also made a full airfoiled wing, but very thin- only about .320" at thickest point. I'll put some pics up tonight...
didjital is offline Find More Posts by didjital