HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 24, 2013, 01:03 AM
Grosse Pointe, Mi
Joined Jun 2005
1,140 Posts
Discussion
HH sold

I was just over in the micro helis section and saw a thread that HH has been sold. I guess this is part of the reason behind the recent price drop and clearout of some models. The general feeling would appear to be that its the begining of the end.
Sorry I can't post a link as im struggling with a tablet.

Apologies if thi s is already common knowledge.
Rob_P is offline Find More Posts by Rob_P
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 24, 2013, 02:34 AM
Gecko Guy
Joined Dec 2013
245 Posts
i saw a thread similar to this. lets hope the new buyer knows what they are doing!
Mr. Slender Man is offline Find More Posts by Mr. Slender Man
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Mr. Slender Man (Gecko Guy)
Old Dec 24, 2013, 09:05 AM
Medellín, Colombia
Joined Apr 2010
333 Posts
hope the new owners keeps or improves products, quality and support
chulian1819 is offline Find More Posts by chulian1819
Old Dec 24, 2013, 01:34 PM
Houston, TX, US
Joined Jun 2000
1,652 Posts
I saw the news on the Horizon website several days ago. My first thought was "oh crap, get ready for the end of quality R/C from HH."
DaveG is offline Find More Posts by DaveG
Old Dec 24, 2013, 08:30 PM
Joined May 2010
56 Posts
As long as the Chinese keep stealing OUR technology from the American people, make crap, buy our luxury items, and sell stolen tech from us, and YOU keep buying it. We are going to have this problem.

Yes, I want good prices, but I want to keep American companies that did it the right way to prosper. Look, your elected, maybe not, corrupt Senate and Congress you elected did this to all of our country. THEY voted in NAFTA. Remember that little law. They don't have to pay the bills, just steal it from us. Yes, I am mad as hell, and not stupid. VOTE them out, it goes beyond HH, every company is getting stolen from thru technology WE created.

I could be banned for these comments. But, it is the truth. It, and I will stand on these merits. I like this hobby, it got me thur some hard times personally, when I had to get my mind right and go fly. Let my spirit soar. I love the feeling of a good landing. I know what each and everyone of you, my fellow flies feel. Please let me say,

GOD Bless whats left of my America, that my politician's haven't sold! Theres more to us then money. Go ask, my Korean war vet father, RIP. Merry Christmas, my fellow flying brothers.
snoidslap75 is offline Find More Posts by snoidslap75
Old Dec 24, 2013, 10:28 PM
-=BS=-
Thousand Oaks, CA
Joined Jul 2009
1,207 Posts
Here's the link with information:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/article/...eo-joe-ambrose

Let's hope the product quality and customer support continues.
BlazingStar is offline Find More Posts by BlazingStar
Old Dec 24, 2013, 11:46 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
3,101 Posts
I see this as a positive, but do agree with the folks above about the Chinese element. Only time will tell, but this makes me happy that we have other choices now just in case HH does tank.
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
Old Dec 25, 2013, 09:32 AM
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Feb 2013
119 Posts
Wonder if this was a way for the investor group to get into the new drone market or they just plan to maximize short term profits and sell of HH again.
Strider21 is online now Find More Posts by Strider21
Old Dec 25, 2013, 09:09 PM
Joined Apr 2012
280 Posts
I don`t think they can make HH any better. The only way to go is down.
Don`t forget that HH sells really great airplanes and helis that are made in China. If the stuff wasn`t made in China by slave labor, do you think you could buy an AS3X P-51D for $100? That would be a $500 plane, made in USA.
China has a really smart 3-point business plan. First they get a product, take it apart and copy it. Second they have slave labor workers make it, working 16-hour days for little money. Third they sell the product cheap- at a loss for the first year, until all the other companies selling similar products go out of business. Then they raise their price to where they make a profit and they`re the only one selling the product.
That`s why all of your R/C products, motorscooters, TVs, electronics, etc. are made in China.
As for voting out the crooked politicians, you`ll only vote in more crooked politicians who lie to you to get your vote because they think you`re stupid. That`s how the current crop of politicians got into office. Neat, huh?
MiG29Fulcrum is offline Find More Posts by MiG29Fulcrum
Old Dec 25, 2013, 11:03 PM
London, England
Joined Apr 2007
206 Posts
China may be clever with their 3 point business plans and slave labour but the USA are now doing what the UK did years ago and selling out, what a great shame not only for the UK and the USA but for China as well, my brother is a cargo pilot and recently visited China for work and it is a polluted khazi, they clearly don't give a F**K about their people or the planet but Hey Ho we get cheap planes and the liars that are politicians get fatter and shorter sighted, what a mess! HH RIP! and where is my 2s Axis warbird?
pilatus mike is offline Find More Posts by pilatus mike
Old Dec 26, 2013, 02:10 PM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
144 Posts
Any new comments from HH? Official or un-official? Didn't notice this on twitter
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old Dec 27, 2013, 12:29 AM
United States, CA
Joined Jan 2012
1,470 Posts
My LHS owner thinks this is good for HH because, it will provide more capital for product development. Time will tell.
J_skaggs is offline Find More Posts by J_skaggs
Old Dec 27, 2013, 10:49 PM
Canada
Joined Nov 2000
7,169 Posts
Muntiny ? or the Management has bought out the owners?
Odd that.....given they were claimed as 'Employee Owned".
Regardless... Now there is a New huge debt (purchase price paid) overhead they needs meet.
Not realistic to expect a huge cash influx. Any available and borrowed Coin went into buying the place. Time will tell
Bare is offline Find More Posts by Bare