SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:50 PM
Pittsburgh Allegheny, Pennsylvania, United States
Joined May 2004
1,190 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vettster View Post
There's one Very Important thing you must do before starting your engine for the first time!

You have to glue two 8" blocks of very soft foam to the sides of your Tx so that your shaking hands dont rattle the Tx apart.

Common Steve! Quit with the excusses Fire that puppy up

There's nothing quite like starting your first turbine.
Dr Honda is offline Find More Posts by Dr Honda
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 25, 2013, 08:32 PM
I did it...
Morganton, NC
Joined Jun 2005
756 Posts
Im gona have my wife video my very first start. You all are invited to watch. I will have everything I need this coming week as i am waiting on connectors for my scuba tank to my start box. Once they get here its a quick trip to the airport for fuel and then, light her up. I've never posted a video but i'm sure I can figure it out. Thanks once again guys. You all have helped me. I feel confiedent now about starting, and flying this thing.
av8ersteve is offline Find More Posts by av8ersteve
Old Jan 28, 2013, 04:44 PM
United States, Death Valley
Joined Aug 2003
3,113 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Honda View Post
There's nothing quite like starting your first turbine.
Haha sure is not! Especially when its a full manual start. My first one was the GWM fd-3 and they dont come more manual start than that. Next was the Ram 750 and by comparison the RAM was SO simple to start. Plus an air start engine still has by far the coolest start sound ever.

I never use a scuba, just a compressor and air tank for the Ram. Sometimes you fudge the start and all that air is wasted. Air for money lol.

Good luck, You'll never forget it
SilentHunter is offline Find More Posts by SilentHunter