249 Posts
Challenge accepted.
Julezwatts is online now Find More Posts by Julezwatts
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 19, 2014, 12:58 PM
Reunion
Joined Nov 2010
76 Posts
Could a UM Carbon Cub friend tell me the sizes (in centimeter if possible) of the box in which the plane is sold ? (see page 834, quote 7999, for instance)
Just to plan my luggage for my next holidays, I have to order the piece of luggage together with the plane.
Thank you friends!
Papangue is offline Find More Posts by Papangue
Old Nov 19, 2014, 04:20 PM
if pigs could fly!
France, IdF, Paris
Joined Feb 2013
1,293 Posts
Here you go : 55cm x 50cm x 14,5cm
RyoOhki1701 is online now Find More Posts by RyoOhki1701
Old Nov 19, 2014, 06:48 PM
micro- modding madman
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
249 Posts
Just did my first completely IFR flight this evening and WOW... I land on an uphill slope (Neighbors driveway) and it's so difficult to grease a landing without striking the prop at night.
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:35 AM
Canada, ON, Mississauga
Joined Oct 2011
632 Posts
If you have enough elevator movement and the flaps are down then you should be able to plop it down on all three wheels without causing a prop strike.

Don't the LEDs light up the ground enough for you to see how low is the airplane?
Audioguru is offline Find More Posts by Audioguru
Old Nov 20, 2014, 11:53 AM
micro- modding madman
United States, VA, Charlottesville
Joined Aug 2014
249 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Audioguru View Post
If you have enough elevator movement and the flaps are down then you should be able to plop it down on all three wheels without causing a prop strike.

Don't the LEDs light up the ground enough for you to see how low is the airplane?
The thing is that it's a fairly respectable uphill slope- so I need to come in at a relatively steep AOA, which can be hard to properly see and account for at night. The lights did help- but the main landing light wasn't strong enough to light up the runway to a point where I could land as I could during the day.
Old Nov 23, 2014, 03:05 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,182 Posts
It's +43 F with hardly a breath of a breeze, and the thick fog has finally lifted. Much of the foot-plus of snow that was sitting in yard has melted, but there's still more than enough left to cover the grass. My trusty old CC is sitting on her floats, looking like she'd rather be up there than down here. My Hyp 400 & 500 Babbelbatts are charged, and the hatcam is almost there. I believe it is time to fly! Hope I remember how. Last time I flew the CC was nearly 3 months ago...

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 23, 2014, 03:55 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,149 Posts
I do notice that my CC and Beast can go way way way fast on my 5030s, do I need better throttle management or do I need to buy yak props?
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 23, 2014, 04:01 PM
Unregistered User
United States, LA, St Francisville
Joined Apr 2014
562 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by airpower View Post
I do notice that my CC and Beast can go way way way fast on my 5030s, do I need better throttle management or do I need to buy yak props?
My CC flies great with the Yak prop, MUCH better than stock. You do need bushwheels for the Yak prop, though. I made my own.
Eagle2Nitro is online now Find More Posts by Eagle2Nitro
Old Nov 23, 2014, 04:05 PM
Have fun
Joined May 2007
6,149 Posts
I both my micro cubs only get L-3 wheels
airpower is offline Find More Posts by airpower
Old Nov 23, 2014, 05:52 PM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,182 Posts
AP,

Definitely go with the Yak prop on the CC. But I'd stick with the 5030 on the Beast.

Got in a short flight, but +43 F is too warm for the snow. It was really sticky & the floats tended to submarine, but I managed to pull off a few takeoffs & landings without the plane ending up on her back. Uploading video now....

E-flite UMX Carbon Cub SS on floats in the snow (8 min 37 sec)

Joel
turboparker is online now Find More Posts by turboparker
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by turboparker; Nov 23, 2014 at 07:21 PM.