HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 23, 2012, 05:32 PM
United States, CA, Thousand Oaks
Joined Aug 2012
1,274 Posts
Taxi Tested it today LOL...and it took off..for about a foot b4 I could bring it down...was not ready to maiden it yet...just wanted to taxi test it...It will fly..and actually got 1 foot off the ground MUCH faster than I thought it would...so..If I have the CG in the right place...It should fly great...I even have a 3s1p 1800Mah (40C ) in it... will perhps fly it in a few days.
Weed89 is offline Find More Posts by Weed89
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Weed89! That 3S 1800mAh 40C pack is no joke! Be sure to get plenty of practice on a flight simulator before embarking on your next pre-flight inspection and hopefully maiden flight! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Aug 24, 2012, 02:56 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,274 Posts
Thanks for your GREAT help...but 1 last question PLEASE....

in the Panther Instruction book...it seems to show the CG 45mm back from the fake side intake mouldings....that puts the cg only about 1 inch back from the leading edge of the wing.....Perhaps this is correct...but seems way forward for most planes....I DO want the CG in the correct place...so I will attach a few pictures...and perhaps you can confirm this is the correct location for the CG.
Old Aug 26, 2012, 04:02 PM
United States, FL, Altamonte Springs
Joined Jun 2012
1,634 Posts
My FreeWing version (same size) has the 45mm taped out and 36mm taped over. It's not unsual for edf jets to have such close to LE CGs. If you are nose heavy your plane will survive. If its tail heavy you'll trash it.
voxel is offline Find More Posts by voxel
Old Aug 28, 2012, 12:44 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Weed89! CG is uniquely relative to each individual plane setup and will slightly vary due to various factors (i.e. placement of internal components, manufacturing variances, battery spec/mass, etc).

Voxel is correct [BTW, thanks for the input!]; these EDFs will do just fine with slight nose heaviness but will however perform poorly with tail heaviness. It is also very helpful to have a balancer handy to verify the CG and balance. -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Aug 29, 2012, 02:25 PM
Joined Aug 2012
1,274 Posts
flew well was not fast at all....I bent the gear on landing tho'...I need to work on that...I think I need to learn to carry Power on while landing...and grease it in...instaed of just flairing.