HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 22, 2014, 07:20 PM
Joined Oct 2014
6 Posts
Air Hogs Titan

I hadn't heard of the velcro before. I'll look at Youtube to see it. Let us know how it works out.
In addition to the possible electric drill powered winch launch build. I wish that I had some sort of guideline as to line retrieve speed in order to move forward on that project. Might even attempt a fishing rod launch. I live in the woods and lakefront so no flying there, and I'm not an AMA/club type person, so I'll be looking for some creative solo flying spots here in Conn.
BTW, if anyone has any thoughts on my earlier Air Hogs Titan post today (my first ever here), please do let me know. I had intended to include that comment in the first post.
N1KHBsonny is offline Find More Posts by N1KHBsonny
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2014, 08:29 PM
Joined Oct 2005
279 Posts
Glider Tow

At about 21:21.

RCGroups Video Podcast No. 4 - Carbon Z Cub Mods (23 min 23 sec)
PropSpinner is online now Find More Posts by PropSpinner
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Springer Tug Build
Old Nov 01, 2014, 07:51 PM
Joined Oct 2014
6 Posts
One point that bothers me a bit with the glider conversion is the electric power portion of a powered build. Most who opt for EP use a third channel which isn't always an option if one only has a two channel transmitter. The other element is the weight while not running EP. If you throttle down or run out of motor power, you have dead weight. I'm inclined to build a pure glider anyway, but if I were to build as an EP, I would be thinking of just running the motor flat out without a throttle control just to get up high enough for a good glide. I could then either just wait for the battery to die and fly as a heavier glider, or better yet have the power pod and associated dedicated battery pack drop off with a parachute and remain aloft with a lot less weight aboard. I don't have a clear design for this option, but it should be doable. For a controllable release I'm thinking along the lines of two microswitches wired in series to make momentary contact only at full left rudder and full up elevator or something similar, then use that momentary contact closure to eject or simply release (and simultaneously kill motor power) the power pod with a tiny solenoid for example. Thoughts?
Old Nov 01, 2014, 10:28 PM
Chino Renegade oh-gee, yo
United States, CA, Chino
Joined Feb 2008
2,578 Posts
Hi Sonny,
As you probably have seen, this plane has been modified into many many different configurations......as is my style, I like a fast pusher prop type.......your glider idea sounds great, you should build it!
Of course, we will be asking for pics
--Ray
Wrench66 is online now Find More Posts by Wrench66
Old Nov 02, 2014, 11:08 AM
Joined Oct 2014
6 Posts
Then there's the rubber band power that's been bouncing around in my feeble collection of marbles too. ;-)
Old Nov 05, 2014, 04:36 PM
Finland
Joined Aug 2013
153 Posts
One more Titan approaching maiden flight... Let the pics tell the story. Motor is original motor from Bixler 2 and this is my first try with hot wire cutting.

Need to figure out nice coloring scheme for this... I guess I'll mainly use tape, we'll see.
Late99 is online now Find More Posts by Late99
Old Nov 24, 2014, 08:36 PM
Da' Cajun
Lake Charles, Louisiana
Joined Jun 2009
2,898 Posts
Here's my latest AH Titan bash.
I think this is the fourth clip wing version I've done.

Still have 5 or 6 kits left in my stash.
Next one will be an XP-55(ish) build, with retracts and cowled motor.
Boogie_ is offline Find More Posts by Boogie_