Find More Posts by jdpbassman
Joined May 2015
2 Posts
Discussion
Help! Phoenix Sim. NO throttle control!

Ok so I'm new to this simulator thing.
I have a Tactic ttx850.
Completely updated Phoenix version 5.
I have calibrated the radio per instructions I do believe.
All inputs are showing up and smoothly transition up and down (including throttle) on the little bar indicators for each channel after calibration is complete.
Model appears on screen and all controls surfaces can be seen working accept I get zero response from the throttle!
Like I say the indicator says that it is getting proper input from all channels.

Please help!
Thanks in advance!
jdpbassman is offline Find More Posts by jdpbassman
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 29, 2015, 01:22 AM
Find More Posts by mrcl
Switzerland, ZH, Schwerzenbach
Joined Apr 2015
73 Posts
Did you also program the TX accordingly? Best to make a new model for sim purposes. I found (especially in Phoenix) that certain setups from the real world model don't work, or are reversed in the sim. Thats the first thing I'd try - reverse the throttle in the TX (but as I said, make a new model so you don't have a nasty surprise at the field) and see if that works.
mrcl is online now Find More Posts by mrcl
Old Jul 31, 2015, 01:42 AM
Find More Posts by jdpbassman
Joined May 2015
2 Posts
Thanks for the reply! Good point.
Yes, I did make a new model and I did have to reverse some channels.
I DID get it working! Had to create a new profile on phoenix (because they don't have"Tactic" in the list of radios) and went through a more advanced controller calibration that it asked for and now it works! Wish I could explain better but hey its working now and my boys are learning!
Thanks again!
jdpbassman is offline Find More Posts by jdpbassman
Old Aug 09, 2015, 03:59 PM
Find More Posts by SilverSport
25th year Newbie
United States, LA, New Orleans
Joined Dec 2014
492 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdpbassman View Post
Thanks for the reply! Good point.
Yes, I did make a new model and I did have to reverse some channels.
I DID get it working! Had to create a new profile on phoenix (because they don't have"Tactic" in the list of radios) and went through a more advanced controller calibration that it asked for and now it works! Wish I could explain better but hey its working now and my boys are learning!
Thanks again!

Glad to hear. I am still using my DX6i on Phoenix, and of course it is taking up 2 of my memory spots, one for Aero and 1 for Heli. I also have a Tactic TTX850. Did you have to get a special cable to work with the Tactic, or did the one that came from HH with Phoenix work with the Tactic radio? Would love to get your Tx setup and settings for Phoenix too.
SilverSport is offline Find More Posts by SilverSport