SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Nov 07, 2014, 02:18 PM
Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
Near Austin
Joined Dec 2001
5,470 Posts
Discussion
ZagNutz is dead. Long live the flying wing!

It is with heavy heart that I report that the old ZagNutz flying wing plans that were up on my personal webpage have been deleted by Verizon. I was PM'd by a Groupster that the page was no longer valid. Seems that as of September 2014 all those old web spaces were summarily deleted. I can't begin to count the number of people who have sent me emails of their first ever successful scratch build AND flight in R/C using the ZagNutz flying wing. I am grateful that I have been able to contribute in some small way to our flying community.

I created those plans better than 10 years ago (maybe 12!) so I would be hard pressed to find the original source for them. There have been many imitators since then, and many improvements made to the original design. The Spectra flying wing is still our front line search and rescue aircraft ( www.rpflightsystems.com ) and we are looking to mass produce them soon. It is a direct descendant of those early experiments to tame the wild flying wing beast.

To all the faithful out there that still have their 'Nutz intact and take their Nutz out to play with them regularly - keep it up!

Gene
CenTexFlyer is offline Find More Posts by CenTexFlyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 08, 2014, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by Low and Slow
United States, WA, Moses Lake
Joined Feb 2012
518 Posts
Too bad about your website I've copied it modified it wore out about three now on my fourth. It's a great plan! I downsized the wingspan from 52 to 40 cause I couldn't get fanfold foam here so I used dollartree foamboard instead. I could get a twenty inch wing out of one sheet staying with your 12 inch root and 6 inch tip that way. Flies great, I've had a blast with these wings, I have you to thank for it!
Low and Slow is offline Find More Posts by Low and Slow
Old Nov 08, 2014, 12:03 PM
Find More Posts by eboggs59
Arkansas
Joined Dec 2004
134 Posts
CenTexFlyer I came across your website many years ago. The Zagnutz was the first bluecore build I ever did. When I come across a website with good info on it I tend to save a copy of what I found. As luck would have it I saved your website in a file packet. After reading what had happened I thought it only right to send you a copy of these files. The attached file packet contains your original HTML and source files.

Long Live The Zagnutz!

Ed
eboggs59 is online now Find More Posts by eboggs59
Old Nov 09, 2014, 07:31 AM
Find More Posts by davovinch
United States, PA, Meadville
Joined Feb 2011
316 Posts
thanks
davovinch is offline Find More Posts by davovinch
Last edited by davovinch; Nov 09, 2014 at 07:40 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 03:13 AM
Find More Posts by trumpy959
United States, MA
Joined Feb 2011
243 Posts
* Thank You to eboggs59 for saving those files way back when you did... there GOLD now!!

* Thank You to davovinch for posting the link to this thread on my Zagnutz build log

* Thank You to CenTexFlyer for creating and designing the Zagnutz, and sharing that original web page. It was the first wing I ever built and it still flys as perfect as the day I made it. That Zagnutz webpage couldn't have been any better, and was absolutely perfect!! I'll definitely be checking out the new Spectra Flying wing but until then....

Long live the the Zagnutz flying wing!! and Long live the Zagnutz girl!!
trumpy959 is offline Find More Posts by trumpy959
Last edited by trumpy959; Nov 16, 2014 at 03:23 AM.
Old Nov 16, 2014, 09:50 AM
Find More Posts by j4ck4
A real WingNut
United States, AZ, Chino Valley
Joined Dec 2008
1,001 Posts
52" Zagnutz was my first scratchbuild, I too thank you CenTexFlyer. I may have to try your idea there L&S, I am going to have to do some thinking on this. Try to figure out how to scale it down, 12" root and 6" tip on a 20" wingspan would probably not fly very well.
jack
j4ck4 is offline Find More Posts by j4ck4
Old Nov 18, 2014, 10:43 AM
Find More Posts by SU Jags
Rejisterd Youzer
Rolla, MO
Joined Apr 2004
935 Posts
Thanks Gene, a nutz was my first scratch build and your site helped me get it flying. You've been a valuable resource for us.
SU Jags is offline Find More Posts by SU Jags
Old Aug 16, 2015, 10:48 AM
Find More Posts by willburt
Joined Oct 2013
6 Posts
It took me a loooong time to find this thread and the build instructions so I've taken eboggs59's archive and uploaded it to my website in the hopes that anyone else looking to build this ace flying wing can find the plans more easily in future.

I hope that this is of use to someone in the future. I'm posting this here in the hopes that the Googlebot with find the link and it will appear in search results for the ZagNutz flying wing

ZagNutz foam flying wing plans
willburt is offline Find More Posts by willburt
Old Aug 16, 2015, 12:37 PM
Find More Posts by Charlieflyby
United States, OH, Warren
Joined Mar 2015
7 Posts
I fly mine every day, wouldn't be without one.
Charlieflyby is offline Find More Posts by Charlieflyby