SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Aug 11, 2015, 12:38 PM
Find More Posts by 262octa
Joined Sep 2014
38 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke Hayes View Post
cool, i might upgrade then....
i fly 8-10 min./flight either with camera or flips...
V666 board upgrade has headless mode and better antenna. I lost the quad in February and when it was founded the range was amazing 370m. You can read my fly-away story:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=31911697

The board gives enough power to SJ4000 taking timelapse photos but when I tried to take video it was not possible (perhaps the camera has some damage). Before with V262 board video was possible like in this post:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30295574
and also in this post I wrote that V262 camera connection gives enough power to SJ4000:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=30279709

One of the best upgrades is Syma X6 motor set upgrade. I am still waiting that some shop will publish better motor upgrade kit for V262/V666 -family. But I think after this year I will go to a new model like Syma X8C or MJX X101.

Some more tips to save motors:
Immediately cut down the throttle when crashing so that propellers don't get hit or stuck anything when motors spin
Use only max about 80% throttle
Keep flight time short (mine usually 5 minutes)
Give some cooling time before next flight
Avoid flips and other acrobatic maneuvers
Keep the quad as light as possible (mine under 250g with camera and stock battery)
Avoid VRS = vortex ring state (unstable air under propellers, quad stalling)

All V262 motors are identical and that's why front left and rear right motors are typically wearing out faster. They are not developed to spin that way. When you fly and turn the quad left these motors are spinning harder and wearing faster.
262octa is offline Find More Posts by 262octa
Last edited by 262octa; Aug 13, 2015 at 09:10 AM. Reason: link corrected, other added and minor editings
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 23, 2015, 05:30 AM
Find More Posts by DronerFr
Joined May 2015
27 Posts
Is there anyone who is still using his V262?

Mine is dead and now I have a new quadcopter (X380) but I still have many parts for V262 like for example 12 new motors (I purchased many motors when I saw how fragile they were) and also some parts from my V262 like arms or propeller...

If you want it, please ask me, my main idea is not to make money of it, but to give them to peoples who are still using this quadcopter so I don't have to put them on a trash...
DronerFr is offline Find More Posts by DronerFr
Old Aug 23, 2015, 07:56 AM
Find More Posts by John Luciano
United States, CT, Kent
Joined Nov 2009
935 Posts
I could use them on my V666 ( interchangeably. ). Let me know how I can get this. I still use my V 666 as a video platform. Would greatly appreciate the parts. Were are you. PM me on the forum. I do not want my info in public.
John Luciano is offline Find More Posts by John Luciano
Old Aug 23, 2015, 11:08 AM
Joined May 2015
27 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Luciano View Post
I could use them on my V666 ( interchangeably. ). Let me know how I can get this. I still use my V 666 as a video platform. Would greatly appreciate the parts. Were are you. PM me on the forum. I do not want my info in public.
I just sent you a PM!
DronerFr is offline Find More Posts by DronerFr
Old Aug 23, 2015, 05:18 PM
Find More Posts by John Luciano
United States, CT, Kent
Joined Nov 2009
935 Posts
Got it all set. Can't wait to get them.
John Luciano is offline Find More Posts by John Luciano
Old Aug 23, 2015, 05:30 PM
Joined May 2015