Discussion
Killing innocent Afghans ...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/0..._n_523749.html
logan5 is online now Find More Posts by logan5
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:12 AM
St. Boondock
Joined Aug 2008
731 Posts
And they've shot an amazing number of our training troops.
FL Knifemaker is offline Find More Posts by FL Knifemaker
Old Nov 14, 2012, 09:43 AM
Joined May 2010
42 Posts
And if America was not sticking it nose in others buisness non of them would have diedEather from Americans or buy the Afghans!
but the warmonger Neocons that voted Ormonybama will have blood on there hands.
QQuestor is offline Find More Posts by QQuestor
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:05 AM
Scotland the Brave
United Kingdom, Scotland, Glasgow
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
From the article:

Quote:
Indeed, the number of Afghans who have been killed or hurt by troop shootings at convoys and military checkpoints has basically remained the same since McChrystal announced his directives.
I watched part of a documentary on the occupation of Iraq the other day, from the Iraqi peoples' perspective. One scene involved what seemed to be a car accidentally driving through a checkpoint during the night, as it stopped abruptly when the soldiers shouted at the driver. Had he not noticed them or heard them from having his stereo at high volume or whatever, he would have been shot. As one soldier told him: ''drive through my checkpoint and I'll shoot you, you of a ''

One of the first things we did in Iraq was to root out any local resistance forces, which is something we don't even hope to achieve in Afghanistan.

It's hard to imagine what it would be like living in an occupied country when we have never experienced it. But it's not hard to imagine that many of us would end up defending our own countries by attacking any foreign military force, if one did occupy our countries, no matter their claimed intentions for doing so.

Dusty
Dusty1000 is online now Find More Posts by Dusty1000
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:10 AM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
That's not surprising. Supposing the Chinese were occupying the US, you were a poor peasant, and the Chinese offered to give you an automatic weapon and train you how to use it, while paying you to do so. Would you be more likely to use it on your fellow Americans, or the Chinese?

As Ron Paul said: ''Afghanistan is for Afghans, who will fight any foreign occupying force.'' (paraphrasing)

Dusty
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:10 AM
Joined May 2010
42 Posts
Dusty I live in America. (occupied). my question.
If China would build a base behind any one of your houses. i bet America would do exactly like Irac/ Iran. defend there homeland. (((with what ever means )))
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:11 AM
Joined May 2010
42 Posts
sorry dusty i was typing as you were posting
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:22 AM
Scotland the Brave
Joined Mar 2008
1,035 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by QQuestor View Post
Dusty I live in America. (occupied). my question.
If China would build a base behind any one of your houses. i bet America would do exactly like Irac/ Iran. defend there homeland. (((with what ever means )))
Exactly. The vast majority of people will always defend their own country, whichever country it is, by whatever means are available to them. During WW2 in the UK, members of the public were being trained how to use hand grenades etc, in order to resist German forces if they did invade. Had that happened, the resistance movement would have been heroes. While we label people who resist our occupations of other countries as terrorists, and militants etc.

Quote:
sorry dusty i was typing as you were posting
NP.

Dusty
Old Nov 14, 2012, 10:46 AM
Houston Ellington, Texas, United States
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FL Knifemaker View Post
Imagine this ... say you're a young Afghan ... you have no job but you have a familly to support so you sign up to join the army or police force. A month into it you find out that some familly members of yours, say ... your brother and his family were all killed at a check point due to a misunderstanding, or killed as collateral damage from a drone strike ... how angry would you be? Especially when you're surrounded by religous leaders who've spoken loudly against the "Christian" invaders?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 11:33 AM
Joined May 2010
42 Posts
Logan they dont care bought soventry of a country. they only care who is (((the bad guy)))
rember Veitnam was never ment to be won. just exteneded.
Now thes warocons got all the bad guys they want.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 12:52 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Logan they dont care bought soventry of a country. they only care who is (((the bad guy)))
rember Veitnam was never ment to be won. just exteneded.
Now thes warocons got all the bad guys they want.
The sad thing ... truly sad thing ... is watching the "anti-war" democrats grow silent over the past 4 years ... are they going to stay silent for the next 4 years?

Because this, more than anything else, proves beyond a doubt that being "anti-war" or "pro-democracy" is just based on whether or not "your' guy is the one dropping the bombs.

This also casts into doubt ANYTHING anyone stands for, so long as your opposition or support is based simply on who ... and not what.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 03:24 PM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
The sad thing ... truly sad thing ... is watching the "anti-war" democrats grow silent over the past 4 years ... are they going to stay silent for the next 4 years?

Because this, more than anything else, proves beyond a doubt that being "anti-war" or "pro-democracy" is just based on whether or not "your' guy is the one dropping the bombs.
Nonsense. In case you hadn't noticed, something else took center stage for the attention of all Americans during the pat 4 years: the Recession and economy. It's awfully hard to focus on a remote war when you spend most of your time trying to figure out how to feed your family.
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Nov 14, 2012, 04:43 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Nonsense. In case you hadn't noticed, something else took center stage for the attention of all Americans during the pat 4 years: the Recession and economy. It's awfully hard to focus on a remote war when you spend most of your time trying to figure out how to feed your family.
That is your excuse? Seriously? Really?

It's been pretty quiet here on this forum ... you guys too busy to comment on the on going war and escalation of killing? Certainly doesn't seem you guys are too busy to talk about other stuff.
Old Nov 15, 2012, 10:49 AM
ὅπερ ἔδει δεῖξαι
Joined May 2000
3,339 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5 View Post
That is your excuse? Seriously? Really?

It's been pretty quiet here on this forum ... you guys too busy to comment on the on going war and escalation of killing? Certainly doesn't seem you guys are too busy to talk about other stuff.
Please explain what you mean by "you guys".
As for myself, this forum and its discussions occupies only a miniscule fraction of my attention. Have a nice day.
Gerald is offline Find More Posts by Gerald
Old Nov 15, 2012, 03:27 PM
Joined Feb 2001
312 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerald View Post
Please explain what you mean by "you guys".
As for myself, this forum and its discussions occupies only a miniscule fraction of my attention. Have a nice day.
Simply put ... "you guys" are the ones that have supported an administration that promotes war, death and distruction. And while "you guys" were vocal during the Bush years (and rightly so I might add) protesting the war, "you guys" seem pretty quiet regarding this President's commitment to prolonged war and escalation of violence.

There have been only two pro-administration forum members that have consistently vocalized their opposition to the Administration's war policies. And for them, I have much respect.