HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:15 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,319 Posts
I am just summing up or repeating what was posted here some time ago.

I do remember someone having an issue with binding, he needed to place his radio right next to the rc being bound.

I am guessing it might have something to do with that and why I stated not being 100% sure of the FULL LEGIT reason for it.

I am sure if I was completly wrong the powers that be would correct me.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:06 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,760 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Antlfinger View Post
What specifically is the improved RF Binding Update adressing?

Do I need to re-bind after the update....

Sorry, I first posted my question on the wrong thread, i.e. DX-8/DX-10......

Been flying my BVM UB for about 50 flawless flights on my 12X/1222 DSM2 combo and now 12 flawless flights on the DX-18/1222 DSM2 combo. Full house with TM1000, GPS, JetCat sensor, altitude, airspeed, and G sensors....far fewer fades with the DX-18....

TA
I just answered over in that thread, too!

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:16 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,319 Posts
And it sounds pretty close to what I was saying.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:47 PM
Dave Raines
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Aug 2004
706 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
Re-binding is a normal process from time to time.
Huh? Once you have bound the rx to the tx what could happen that you would need to "re-bind" it? I have seen many people do this when the rx does not connect with the tx, but is it necessary? Isn't the failure to connect much more likely due to an issue with the environment like excessive RF noise or metallic reflection/scattering?

Andy, please chime in here and set me straight if there is any truth to this. I am fascinated by SS technology!
Lemmiwinks is offline Find More Posts by Lemmiwinks
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:27 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,319 Posts
Re-bind is necessary when you make throttle changes, infact some recommend you bind anytime you make any changes more so if you reverse any channels.

When one has more then one TX he uses, re-bind is a normal process.

If you accidentaly trigger bind on the radio, then you will lose bind info and you must re-bind.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:39 PM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
24,760 Posts
You don't re-bind "just because" during normal flying stuff.

You re-bind in circumstances like FC mentioned - changes to the model configuration that affect failsafe/startup things.

I fly the same planes for test purposes using both the DX8 and DX18, so it's not uncommon for me to re-bind, but other planes haven't been re-bound since I put them in the radio, and they get flown just fine.

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old Oct 10, 2012, 03:42 PM
Dave Raines
Cincinnati, OH
Joined Aug 2004
706 Posts
D'oh...I forgot about that, good point FC. I was thinking more along the lines of "re-binding" because my "radio lost its bind". I hear this at the field frequently and it makes me all stabby!
Lemmiwinks is offline Find More Posts by Lemmiwinks
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:35 PM
Joined Oct 2012
56 Posts
Hi Andy,

I have a short question regarding the telemetrie.
When I adjust the voltage alarm for the flight packs and chose 6S the alarm defaults to 18V.
Given the fact that a lipo should not go below 3.3 I find that 18V default setting very low.
Or does it take the load into account and compensates for that ?
I have some Zippie packs that actually go below that..But my SLSs wont even go near high 19s.
I wonder if the setting is more intended to work as an emergency function than a guide when to land the model.
The other question is : Do you guys have plans to bring some time delays to the telemetrie ?
When doing big air maneuvers like inverted loops or walls, I bump into a telemetrie alarm here and there even with a fully loaded pack.
Maybe a 2 or 3 second delay would be cool to not get shocked when flying and being focused

One more thing...when I probe the lipo in the TX with a voltmeter, i get like 0.3 more than the transmitter shows.
Thats the same on my DX7...Is that a "safety net " ?

cheers
Sascha
ArguZ is offline Find More Posts by ArguZ
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:44 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,319 Posts
It defaults to 3v per cell but you can always adjust it yourself. I think it's main reason for defaulting there was to help minimize the amount of rolling the roller in order to get to your desired value being 3.0 per cell or higher/lower.

The .3v has been discussed numerous times and it's a tolerance thing with the components issued or something along those lines.

If you are bumding the alarm as you put it when you are doing stunts, #1 maybe the alarm is set to high #2 maybe the pack is not rated enough for your setup #3 maybe the pack is that great a condition. So many factors you can consider, delaying the telemetry is probably what most other users would want out of a live telemetry information.
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:02 PM
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Andy,

As you know about my binding issues since I done the two latest upgrades, I just found out that I can no longer access my gyro on my 130x since doing these latest upgrades. I had no problem with 1.0 software with the gyro which came with my radio. Do you think this problem is also related to the softwares issues that I have been experiencing?

Bob
Willyboy is offline Find More Posts by Willyboy
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:15 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,319 Posts
Gyro menu no longer available??
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:35 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:
Gyro menu no longer available??
Can't access it from the instructions posted on HF by Brian James http://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=429592

I had no problem before the last two upgrades. I have modified my bird but need to access the gyro to boast the gain. I have been running at -5 because I have eleven clicks of LR subtrim to stop the tail from drifting to the left. Also, I will shortly be installing an HP 08 motor in the bird and I will need to work with the gyro setting on that mod also.

Bob
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:41 PM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
24,319 Posts
Sorry I miss understood your post.

To access the gyro you need to have the throttle at high position. You may need to increase travel in order for the heli to see full throttle. Did you change throttle travel, trim or subtrim?
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:17 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:

To access the gyro you need to have the throttle at high position. You may need to increase travel in order for the heli to see full throttle. Did you change throttle travel, trim or subtrim?
Hmmm, that may be it, I didn't change the subtrim to zero. I will have to try that and let you know.

Bob
Old Oct 10, 2012, 08:01 PM
Joined Sep 2007
372 Posts
Quote:

Set subtrim to zero and tried several times and still a no go. I talked to an HH rep about this a while back and he didn't know if it was a main board issue and software issue with the radio. I am leaning toward a software issue but I would sure like to know what the problem really is.

Bob

I wonder when the new update 1.03 will be available. Hopefully that will take care of my issues with the gyro and binding problems. If not with the gyro then another call to HH.
Last edited by Willyboy; Oct 10, 2012 at 08:15 PM.