SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Jun 21, 2012, 01:56 PM
Registered User
Joined Nov 2010
2,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Isnt the processor the brain ?
(Glad the hackapendectomy worked.)
Mike Splthair ..
Yup, you're right. I guess the battery is the heart after all - seems a bit too simple though
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2012, 05:18 PM
What could possibly go wrong?
nickchud's Avatar
Market Harborough
Joined Apr 2006
3,767 Posts
Quote:
cutting them a little bit longer,
That's a clever trick!

nickchud is online now Find More Posts by nickchud
Old Jun 21, 2012, 07:28 PM
Registered User
Csessa's Avatar
Fairfield County, CT
Joined Mar 2010
46 Posts
good timing

I logged on tonight to ask a question about the battery in my #11. So I find the topic is already mostly discussed. One last question;

can you provide a source for replacement batteries?
Csessa is offline Find More Posts by Csessa
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:06 PM
KAE
Registered User
United States, WI, Sheboygan
Joined Jan 2010
219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by empeabee View Post
Isnt the processor the brain ?
(Glad the hackapendectomy worked.)
Mike Splthair ..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Isoprop View Post
Yup, you're right. I guess the battery is the heart after all - seems a bit too simple though
I like " hackapendectomy" the best!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickchud View Post
That's a clever trick!

If I had been real clever I'd have remembered to put the heat shrink tube over the wire before soldering...
Real PITA to do over.
I remembered it for the second wire believe me!

I got my battery from eletoponline : http://myworld.ebay.com/eletoponline365/
Very fast shipping. Less than two weeks from China to Wisconsin!
They really are "Top online"
KAE is offline Find More Posts by KAE
Last edited by KAE; Jun 21, 2012 at 08:30 PM. Reason: Forgot to add seller info
Old Jun 21, 2012, 08:42 PM
Fidler & twidler
empeabee's Avatar
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
4,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KAE View Post
I like " hackapendectomy" the best!
Its at least 20 years old
Quote:
If I had been real clever I'd have remembered to put the heat shrink tube over the wire before soldering...
Real PITA to do over.
I remembered it for the second wire believe me!
Welcome to the club
Quote:

I got my battery from eletoponline : http://myworld.ebay.com/eletoponline365/
Very fast shipping. Less than two weeks from China to Wisconsin!
They really are "Top online"
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:07 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,877 Posts
New #11 Jumbo with 120 deg. lens

I just got word the (new V2) #11 is now being sold in the Jumbo case design with a 120 deg. wide angle lens integral to the camera.

I do not have the camera, so can offer no more information other than what you can read in this eBay web page.
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:40 AM
Just thumbing through...
victapilot's Avatar
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I just got word the (new V2) #11 is now being sold in the Jumbo case design with a 120 deg. wide angle lens integral to the camera.

I do not have the camera, so can offer no more information other than what you can read in this eBay web page.
Looks good, maybe they moved the CMOS back? Too bad not a #16 internals.

Looks a bit like mine
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jun 22, 2012, 11:45 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,877 Posts
New Firmware for New V2 #11

************************************************** ****************
WARNING! This firmware is ONLY usable with the new version 2 #11, easily recognized by its smaller, non-standard 8-pin miniUSB plug. Do NOT attempt to install this in the original #11 cameras! See this post for firmware for the original #11 camera.

I do not have the new V2 #11 camera so have not tested this firmware. Use it at your own risk.
************************************************** ****************
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Last edited by Tom Frank; Jun 22, 2012 at 11:56 AM.
Old Jun 22, 2012, 01:11 PM
Registered User
United States, NJ, Roseland
Joined Apr 2009
2,214 Posts
Looks great! We need video, will probably get one. Is 120 degrees equal to the go pro on 60fps rate? If this new v2 #11 did 60 fps they would sell a million of them.
hidaven is offline Find More Posts by hidaven
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:14 AM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
United States, OH, Whitehouse
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
Not a happy camper...
Bought 3 of the 808's....which ones? NFI

Plug in usb....not recognized. trudged through all this BS and find nothing to help.
There is no friggin red led....just yellow that blinks when plugged into usb.
Wish there was an easy to understand article that explains this POS without all the BS with mods, progs for video and photoshop...just basic info and troubleshooting. And it would be nice to find a friggin driver that win 7 likes.

thank you for listening....
boulier1 is offline Find More Posts by boulier1
Old Jun 23, 2012, 09:23 AM
CURIOSITY Has Landed!
Fugitive_Bill's Avatar
Sydney, Australia
Joined Jul 2005
1,170 Posts
Fugitive_Bill is offline Find More Posts by Fugitive_Bill
Old Jun 23, 2012, 11:17 AM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
United States, OH, Whitehouse
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fugitive_Bill View Post
Thank you
boulier1 is offline Find More Posts by boulier1
Last edited by boulier1; Jun 23, 2012 at 12:00 PM.
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:48 PM
Just thumbing through...
victapilot's Avatar
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Feb 2009
4,452 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulier1 View Post
Not a happy camper...
Bought 3 of the 808's....which ones? NFI

Plug in usb....not recognized. trudged through all this BS and find nothing to help.
There is no friggin red led....just yellow that blinks when plugged into usb.
Wish there was an easy to understand article that explains this POS without all the BS with mods, progs for video and photoshop...just basic info and troubleshooting. And it would be nice to find a friggin driver that win 7 likes.

thank you for listening....
#3 will have yellow blinking led if no card inside.

Where did you buy it, what did it cost?
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Jun 23, 2012, 12:57 PM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
17,877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boulier1 View Post
Not a happy camper...
Bought 3 of the 808's....which ones? NFI

Plug in usb....not recognized. trudged through all this BS and find nothing to help.
There is no friggin red led....just yellow that blinks when plugged into usb.
Wish there was an easy to understand article that explains this POS without all the BS with mods, progs for video and photoshop...just basic info and troubleshooting. And it would be nice to find a friggin driver that win 7 likes.

thank you for listening....
No special W7 driver is needed for the real #11. You may have a bad USB cable... has happened numerous times. I assume as you were trodding through all this "BS", you read the FAQ links. If you consider this thread and the information in it as "BS", why bother stay here and post!
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Jun 23, 2012, 04:20 PM
Ret. CH-46 Pilot USMC
United States, OH, Whitehouse
Joined May 2012
85 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
#3 will have yellow blinking led if no card inside.

Where did you buy it, what did it cost?
ebay from hkpowerstore price was $6.00 US
boulier1 is offline Find More Posts by boulier1
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Samurai with key cam AeroNut45 Electric Plane Talk 2 Oct 31, 2010 12:40 AM
Found found beladog FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Oct 30, 2010 02:01 PM
Discussion Any sign of True real time HD FPV gear....not secondary HD CAM ???!! khaled_abobakr FPV Talk 8 Oct 10, 2010 08:13 AM
Mini-Review Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!! imsofaman Auto Gyros 7 Sep 10, 2010 08:10 AM