HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 30, 2014, 01:14 AM
Cottonwood Heights
Joined Jul 2005
168 Posts
Discussion
Want Thunderbird F16 EDF....

The Thunderbirds were recently in town and somewhat inspired me to go looking for a rc kit.

Can anyone suggest a decent kit? It'll be my first EDF ship however I've got
tons of flying experience. Seems like the 1-2 I can find online are sold out-discontinued.

I'd like it to fit in the car although "micro" is too small. The whole backseat is fine. ;0)

I'm not looking for a build project but some assembly is fine. I have my own radio gear.

And was hoping for less than $150. $100 would be better.

Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thx in advance!!
thecirque is offline Find More Posts by thecirque
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 30, 2014, 03:41 PM
BM3
?EDM or EDF?
United States, CO, Denver
Joined Aug 2013
156 Posts
Not exact scheme but I love my F-16....

http://www.motionrc.com/freewing-yf-...oring-jet-pnp/
BM3 is offline Find More Posts by BM3
Old Jul 01, 2014, 01:17 PM
Capt, USAF
United States, NV, Las Vegas
Joined Feb 2009
922 Posts
I've also loved that scheme and have owned many different attempts; this 70mm FMS offering flew the best, but has become pretty difficult to find and won't be too scale in appearance unless you put some work into it.

http://www.nitroplanes.com/93a16-air...rbird-arf.html

E-Flite had what some consider to be the best 64mm Thunderbird kit to date, however it has been discontinued for years now and is just short of categorically impossible to purchase.

Stay away from the Starmax edition with thrust vectoring. The price and looks are great, but it is a terrible flyer without major mods.

Keep an eye out in the classifieds section and you might get lucky. That's where I sold my custom T-Bird a few years ago, and some gems turn up from time to time.

If anyone else knows of a better pre-painted option, I would love to know what you think! BTW, I think this would be the perfect Parkzone UMX EDF jet if they could afford the licensing.
Roswalt is offline Find More Posts by Roswalt