HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:29 PM
United States, CA, San Jose
Joined Mar 2012
2,817 Posts
Trader Rating: 43
+1

There is NO way to use a credit card...MUST be a bank account!!

Not saying you can't start with a credit card, but eventually, it MUST be a bank account.
cityevader is offline Find More Posts by cityevader
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 17, 2013, 05:33 PM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by edh13 View Post
I don't think some people on here understand about hitting the 'limit' and then being required to be 'verified' with a bank account. See post #3.

Just about everybody opens their PP account with a credit card only. But sooner or later you will hit your 'limit' and be required to supply a bank account.
that is correct. I started with a CC, but my limit now is something like 2,250. After that, I'll have to be verified with a bank account.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong
Old Jan 17, 2013, 06:48 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2012
880 Posts
Trader Rating: 8
i had about 25k worth of transactions last week and no problems here... idk what you guys are so scared about. I have separate checking accounts for "online" purposes.

no limits as far as i can tell, put in your SSN to verify paypal. if you think your life is going to end by putting your SSN into paypal, you're ignorant.
quad007 is offline Find More Posts by quad007
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:14 PM
I like Runnnnnning
Joined Aug 2012
285 Posts
Trader Rating: 192
Your SSN is a retirment account according to the 1934 Social Security Act.
which says no Business can refuse service to you if an individual does not give them their ssn according to law. It also states that the only agencies that can ask you for it is the government. no company should have privilege to your ssn unless they are depositing money in your ssn account, all businesses knows this and plays on the publics ignorance in order to attach debt or claim to you
permanently. so get a prepaid visa check card it come with acct and routing# use tis as your paypal acct.
as for ssn apply for EIN# @ irs.gov change your paypal acct to a business acct. this keeps them from your personal bank acct. lastly try moneybookers.com way better than paypal.
Forrest Gump 23 is offline Find More Posts by Forrest Gump 23
Old Jan 17, 2013, 07:24 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
Joined Oct 2012
880 Posts
they don't deny service without SSN, they put a limit on it. i'm sure the paypal lawyers have it all worked out
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:23 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,817 Posts
HMMM...perhaps "they" are using the bank accounts indirectly to gain the SSN attached to each one?

Now even I have a conspiracy theory... Couldn't imagine being some of you folks of the full-tilt-conspiracy type. (I choose to happily bury my head in the sand of it all)
Old Jan 17, 2013, 10:58 PM
DOLLA DOLLA BILL YALL
Joined Oct 2012
880 Posts
I know it's pretty easy to obtain SSN and other info.

I coded the backend approval system for rent applications for a pretty large management corporation. With the little info you give, for $2-3 per application, the info is submitted to some overseas datamining company. I could go through everyone's history including credit/criminal/employment history. That info was used to score the tenant... if they were below a threshold they were denied the apartment.

Unless you live in the woods your info is already accessible to everyone with $1-2 to spare. If you're already connected to the internet(reading this) your info is "out there" for sure.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:24 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,817 Posts
tinfoil hat....GO!!

I'm glad i choose to keep my own nose clean and ignore what's going on around me. If my personality were only .000001% skewed otherwise, then literally every day would be backwards pants day AND foil hat day. Due to my own borderline-ness, I choose ignore. Nobody could get me out of that rabbit hole should I ever dive down it.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 11:46 PM
Joined Mar 2012
2,817 Posts
hmmm...just made my first purchase with the new "balance-lifted-puppet-bank-account-only-for-Paypal status", and nowhere in the process was there a place for me to add any comments to the transaction. Things were visually different (but I can't explain...overall format/colors, etc. were different) but it's from the same vendor I've frequented multiple times before through Paypal.

So did I miss something through non-attentiveness? Is there a way to attach a typed message to a transaction?
Old Jan 18, 2013, 12:02 AM
Dude, I do fly all day long!
San Jose, California
Joined Dec 2007
5,830 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by quad007 View Post
I know it's pretty easy to obtain SSN and other info.

I coded the backend approval system for rent applications for a pretty large management corporation. With the little info you give, for $2-3 per application, the info is submitted to some overseas datamining company. I could go through everyone's history including credit/criminal/employment history. That info was used to score the tenant... if they were below a threshold they were denied the apartment.

Unless you live in the woods your info is already accessible to everyone with $1-2 to spare. If you're already connected to the internet(reading this) your info is "out there" for sure.
Yea. it's pretty scary- I do a people search for myself and it lists all my residents I've ever lived at, my couple homes I rent out, my brothers and sisters and any person I've ever come into contact with, either rented with or applied credit with, etc. You don't need a SS# to find someone...just a simple alias, or first name, lastname and some known city where they lived.

and yes. with just a few dollars you know where the guys lives and his work etc.
rcalldaylong is offline Find More Posts by rcalldaylong