HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:19 AM
United States, FL, St Petersburg
Joined Apr 2012
864 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by propchief View Post
My tailwheel fell off and I just put a piece of plastic tube (yellow nyrod) back there to keep the tail raised. One thing it eliminates is the rudder and tailwheel misalignment and fighting each other.
Ya I wish there was more space inside the fuse, I would mount a separate servo for the tailwheel and run it on its own channel...
peterswolf is offline Find More Posts by peterswolf
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 25, 2014, 11:22 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
United States, CA, La Caņada Flintridge
Joined Jul 2011
5,496 Posts
I think it is a geometry issue. I will one of these days fix my gear forward to see if that helps. I currently finished most of my projects.
quitcherbitchen is offline Find More Posts by quitcherbitchen
Old Jun 27, 2014, 05:50 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Geel
Joined Jun 2013
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterswolf View Post
I might throw some washers on the inside screws of the struts and see if I can widen the stance a little bit and straighten it out. Perhaps that may help some of the ground control.
It helps a lot. I added some fairly thick plastic prop centering rings/adapters on the inside of the landing gear mounts, and now they are parallel and I regularly/usually manage to land without wing tip scraping .
Vertigo72 is online now Find More Posts by Vertigo72
Old Sep 07, 2014, 10:39 AM
always something to learn...
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,772 Posts
I had crashed mine really hard this spring, and thought it was not recoverable. I even went as far as to remove the servos from the (broken) wings, and used them elsewhere. I recently revisited the wreckage, and have fixed it. I should maiden (re-maiden?) by next weekend. I may do a repaint also, just to have something different. I miss this speed demon. -------Metalguy
metalguy is offline Find More Posts by metalguy
Old Sep 07, 2014, 11:33 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,496 Posts
Go for it Metal. I went to fly mine this morning after a few months break and when I got to the field I realized I had taken the BEC out to put in another plane. Oh well. She does fly different from all the others.
Old Sep 08, 2014, 12:13 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,772 Posts
I hate it when I do stuff like that! I let a friend borrow a "y" harness out of my Spitty, and forgot to get it back. No flying for it that day either! ----Metalguy
Old Sep 09, 2014, 02:56 AM
Belgium, Flemish Region, Geel
Joined Jun 2013
1,066 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcherbitchen View Post
Go for it Metal. I went to fly mine this morning after a few months break and when I got to the field I realized I had taken the BEC out to put in another plane. .
Out of curiosity, how do you connect the BEC so that its removable?
Vertigo72 is online now Find More Posts by Vertigo72
Old Sep 09, 2014, 09:01 AM
Chop it, cut it, bash it
Joined Jul 2011
5,496 Posts
I always use JRT plugs on the Bec's power side. That way I can move them around or take them off if I sell the plane. So you need to buy JRT plugs to solder into your ESC. I actually crimp mine as I use Anderson power poles.
Old Sep 09, 2014, 05:57 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,772 Posts
Never thought of making the BEC removable. I just solder them in place. -----Metalguy
Old Sep 13, 2014, 08:27 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,772 Posts
Well, I think she is ready for a re-maiden now. I replaced all the servos I stole out of it for other projects after I thought I wasn't going to fix it, and made new linkages, as well. I had to piece in some Vampire parts to fill in where some foam was lost, so its not pretty any more, but should fly just fine. Besides, once in the air, it should look fine! ------Metalguy
Old Sep 14, 2014, 07:47 PM
Tacoma, WA
Joined Jan 2011
2,772 Posts
Flew her twice today. Not as fast as i remember, but I was trying to keep up with a Mosquito, and a T-28. Still flies very nice! -------Metalguy