HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:33 AM
Joined Nov 2010
84 Posts
Question
Osd

HFP team,

Is it possible to change OSD color from white to black or even better to add shadow to it? The reason I'm asking this is that its very difficult to read white text on bright image provided by onboard cam.

Thank You
TEPAKS is offline Find More Posts by TEPAKS
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 27, 2011, 10:37 AM
USA, FL, Winter Springs
Joined Apr 2006
3,066 Posts
We're working on OSD modifications. If it is possible (it may not be) we will outline all text in black.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPAKS View Post
HFP team,

Is it possible to change OSD color from white to black or even better to add shadow to it? The reason I'm asking this is that its very difficult to read white text on bright image provided by onboard cam.

Thank You
S11D336B is offline Find More Posts by S11D336B
Site Sponsor
Old Dec 27, 2011, 12:44 PM
Joined Nov 2010
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by S11D336B View Post
We're working on OSD modifications. If it is possible (it may not be) we will outline all text in black.
If it's possible that will be perfect!

Thanks
Old Jan 02, 2012, 02:14 AM
Joined Nov 2010
84 Posts
Geoerge,

May I suggest, if possible, to move all flight data (except artificial horizon) to the bottom of the screen where camera picture is usually much darker?
Old Jan 02, 2012, 12:25 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
Adding a shadow isn't possible with the current hardware. It may be possible to make it black. I will check.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Jan 02, 2012, 12:37 PM
Joined Nov 2010
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix View Post
Adding a shadow isn't possible with the current hardware. It may be possible to make it black. I will check.
that's bad news but I have another idea. If you can make it black than you could make the letters and lines hollow, let's say transparent characters with black border and let the camera image do the rest.

Back in the 80's I use to do a lot of 8 bit programing but to help You with this I need some info how HFP firmware generates osd.
Old Jan 02, 2012, 03:52 PM
Al Ducharme
Orlando, FL
Joined Jan 2005
734 Posts
I'll give you a peak at the new OSD. Consider this a DRAFT and things may and probably will change.

It don't believe it will be possible to do the outlined letters but I will check this too.
photronix is offline Find More Posts by photronix
Old Jan 02, 2012, 06:13 PM
A man with too many toys
United States
Joined Feb 2001
17,624 Posts
The standard unit of velocity in the aviation industry worldwide is Knots. It would be nice if you conformed to the standard or at least make that an option.

RC Man is online now Find More Posts by RC Man
Old Jan 02, 2012, 10:02 PM
Air Traffic Controller
United States, TN, Knoxville
Joined Aug 2011
250 Posts
I'm in the aviation industry and I agree that knots are the standard. However, since the quad or hex or what have you are not traveling nautical miles in any hour time period then maybe a smaller standard is appropriate. After all, climb rates are measured in feet or meters per minute.
Webheadfred is offline Find More Posts by Webheadfred
Old Jan 03, 2012, 12:54 AM
Joined Nov 2010
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by photronix View Post
I'll give you a peak at the new OSD. Consider this a DRAFT and things may and probably will change.

It don't believe it will be possible to do the outlined letters but I will check this too.
Looks great Go for it!
Old Jan 03, 2012, 05:59 AM
Dirty Dozen FPV
United Kingdom, England, Milton Keynes
Joined Aug 2011
2,536 Posts
There is a 'home' simbol and i assume a 'distance from' (9m) but will there be an arrow to show what direction 'home' is?

I assume to top figre is time in the air not the time of day.

Looking MUCH more conprehensive.

Oh and on knots vs kph, knots means nothing to people like me who are new to multi rotors/aviation. TBH miles per hour would mean more to me being ftom the UK!
Wayno Complaino is offline Find More Posts by Wayno Complaino
Old Jan 03, 2012, 10:28 AM
Joined Nov 2010
84 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Man View Post
The standard unit of velocity in the aviation industry worldwide is Knots. It would be nice if you conformed to the standard or at least make that an option.
Thats right but heaving in mind that manny RC pilots are not licensed professionals and not familiar with imperial measurements, Gorge made a wise decision to use metric system.
Old Jan 05, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Feb 2011
81 Posts
I would LOVE to see a current sensor incorporated with a readout of consumption on the OSD (like most other OSD systems!)

PLEASE!
14785528 is offline Find More Posts by 14785528
Old Jan 05, 2012, 01:47 AM
Joined Oct 2010
227 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 14785528 View Post
I would LOVE to see a current sensor incorporated with a readout of consumption on the OSD (like most other OSD systems!)

PLEASE!
agreed
ed.ge is offline Find More Posts by ed.ge
Old Jan 05, 2012, 05:23 AM
manual flying apologist
United States, CA, Fresno
Joined Mar 2011
6,944 Posts
Looks great
Adidas4275 is offline Find More Posts by Adidas4275