SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 10, 2012, 01:48 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
612 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarZeelon View Post
You guys simply don't understand distributors.

A distributor wants to be the one and the only, within the largest area he can occupy.
And in today's 'Global Village' reality, it might as well be the whole world.

One distributor doesn't 'rub shoulders' with another, unless it is for the purpose of 'taking him out'.

Even though HobbyKing is in Hong Kong, it is the American Way that he's playing...

Monopoly...
Brave Dar very brave !!
the pope is offline Find More Posts by the pope
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:03 PM
Israel, Ramat HaSharon
Joined Nov 2003
1,155 Posts
Also true, the pope; very true.
DarZeelon is offline Find More Posts by DarZeelon
Old Dec 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
Dieselized User
Chicagoland
Joined Feb 2000
7,322 Posts
HK sells anything they can get cheap and sell cheap. They carry only one NGH engine, so taking over the NGH market is not the goal.

Greg
gkamysz is offline Find More Posts by gkamysz
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:05 PM
Israel, Ramat HaSharon
Joined Nov 2003
1,155 Posts
Greg,

If a distributor does not sell something, or somewhere; there is no large gain to be made from that, or from there.
DarZeelon is offline Find More Posts by DarZeelon
Old Dec 10, 2012, 03:35 PM
UAS Pilot/Tech Instructor
United States, CA, San Diego
Joined Apr 2000
1,474 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarZeelon View Post
Greg,

If a distributor does not sell something, or somewhere; there is no large gain to be made from that, or from there.
There maybe some truth to that EXCEPT when it comes to Hobby King. Those guys are complete prostitutes when it comes to product. They have far too many things for sale on their site that are small to zero volume for sales. And is exactly why other distributors are dropping it.... there is no gain to be had with this engine, as is, for most peoples abilities, has developed a bad rep, and does not sell well.

I agree with Greg. There is no conspiracy here. No market take over. Michael Chow threw this engine to the wolves..... period. Hence the lower price Hobby King can sell them for and the fact that no other NGH are, or have ever been for sale at Hobby King. I'm not privy to sales figures but I seriously doubt this engine has out sold any other NGH products for your statements to be true.

Personally, I think anybody with this engine better start stocking up on parts as I doubt NGH is gonna waste anymore time on it for the long run. Typically when distributors drop product lines and discounters start blowing them out cheap, its soon to be gone altogether. I hope I'm wrong but the writing is on the wall.

Mike
CryHavoc is online now Find More Posts by CryHavoc
Last edited by CryHavoc; Dec 10, 2012 at 03:43 PM.
Old Dec 11, 2012, 01:59 AM
Istanbul, Turkey
Joined Aug 2004
847 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by the pope View Post
Hi there Ray from this side of the fence H.K. didnt pickup this engine until after everyone else started dropping it ! Not the other way around . Cheers the pope
Hi holy ANZAC,sorry but some wrong comment.H.K. always on demand to Mr.Chow s production but he is well aware of that H.K would be the reason of losing all other distributors.I guess after GT9 problems most distributors did cut the purchase of GT9 so Mr.Chow gave way to H.K only for GT9.I dont think after H.K any other distributor can ask for it to sell.
But pls. be aware of that, no other Mr.Chow s production is on H.K.I think he knows the probable results.Also I warn him about H.K. risks and he said "he doesnt think to give any engine to H.K. though they are asking.Only GT9"
turk1 is offline Find More Posts by turk1
Old Dec 11, 2012, 02:51 AM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Sep 2007
612 Posts
Hi there Turk I guess even the holy one can be wrong sometimes . Thanks for the update , have you managed to see the new 38cc 4 stroke run yet ? Hopefully that will be ok , for the price its a bargin . Cheers the pope
the pope is offline Find More Posts by the pope
Old Dec 11, 2012, 05:04 AM
Joined May 2012
122 Posts
earlwb,
I do believe that I could have messed up the needles to start with, but it was because I had followed strictly the instructions of the original user manual. But it just turned out that the user manual was so wrong in so many areas, that if you follow it, you will mess it up or break something. Why would they even throw in such a manual? I believe, even the pictures/descriptions of the engine are partially different from the actual product. Of course I later found out that there was a supplimentary sheet(comes along in the box) to intruct the user to do things differently, but alfter all, the problems of this engine is indeed mechanical, whether or not one has initially do the correct steps to run the engine, he will still has a very slim chance to have it run properly in a way that one would have expected from a reasonably good product. However, I believe it can work if one is capable of doing the right modifications to it, but this takes a lot of time of test and trial, and it takes a lot of know-how. earlwb had proven this point with his 3 workable engines.
kentli22 is offline Find More Posts by kentli22
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:28 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,895 Posts
This default setting works for me: Depending on your mods, the standard LSN needle setting is six turns out and the high speed is 1 and half turns out. Idle is typically 1/2 open of the carb. But with the mods you may have it closer to being closed though.

Some others had this to say about the needle settings: Without the new spring on the pump/regulator my needle settings are LSN a touch more than 2 1/2 HSN just under 1. When you first start it I would put the LSN at 3 and the HSN at 1 .
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:46 AM
Joined May 2012
122 Posts
so without any modications, should I do : (1) LSN 6 turns out and HSN 1 and half turns out?

or (2) LSN 3 out and HSN 1 and half out ?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:50 AM
Joined May 2012
122 Posts
should I do without the pump and use muffle pressure to pressurise the bank?
Old Dec 11, 2012, 06:54 AM
USA, TX, Grapevine
Joined Dec 2008
12,895 Posts
I use six turns out on the LSN and one and a half turns out on the HSN.

Some guys have had pretty good luck with running the engine without the pump regulator and using muffler pressure. There are a few video clips of guys running their engines like that too. I myself wanted to use the pump/regulator though.
earlwb is online now Find More Posts by earlwb
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My new Gaui X5 Rc Helicopter
Old Dec 11, 2012, 07:08 AM
Joined May 2012
122 Posts
thanks earlwb, I will try it out again.
Old Dec 12, 2012, 02:04 AM
Istanbul, Turkey
Joined Aug 2004
847 Posts
I can say, engine itself is perfect.But only problem is fuel feed up to carb.
turk1 is offline Find More Posts by turk1
Old Dec 12, 2012, 05:18 AM
Joined May 2012
122 Posts
just for study purpose, provided it is done at the bench, if I have a fuel tank positioned at a higher place and feed fuel directly to the carb by gravitation, without going through the pumb at all, will the engine be running correctly since the ample supply of fuel is guarranteed by gravitation?