SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Dec 04, 2014, 08:10 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,629 Posts
NIgel, for my 74" edge I will be using savox SV-1270TG servo (which I will run at 7.4V) so I need something that can handle the current and output the required voltage. To be honest the only stuff that come back in searches is the stuff that Guenter mentioned.
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Last edited by ckleanth; Dec 04, 2014 at 10:34 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 17, 2014, 01:35 PM
United States, NC, Raleigh
Joined Oct 2011
863 Posts
Updated OFS Firmware

Open FlightStab firmware has been updated to add support for Graupner and Multiplex SRXL. The firmware changes made by user ingo_s have been merged into the project. The Builds include Hex files for many of the different boards that OFS supports. Only the 2 RX3S V2 SRXL versions have been test by ingo_s.

If you wish to use a version other than those tested, do a very through ground test before flight.

The documentation has also been updated.

Source and Hex files link.

Documentation Link.

John
JohnRB is offline Find More Posts by JohnRB
Old Dec 17, 2014, 01:57 PM
1000MIGLIA City - Italy
Joined Mar 2012
272 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRB View Post
Open FlightStab firmware has been updated to add support for Graupner and Multiplex SRXL. The firmware changes made by user ingo_s have been merged into the project. The Builds include Hex files for many of the different boards that OFS supports. Only the 2 RX3S V2 SRXL versions have been test by ingo_s.

If you wish to use a version other than those tested, do a very through ground test before flight.

Documentation Link.

John
Thank you John.
That's nice Christmas present !
rosnik is offline Find More Posts by rosnik
Old Dec 17, 2014, 06:25 PM
Joined Mar 2013
28 Posts
naze32/flip32 support

Hi John,
Do you have any plan to port OFS code to 32bit FC such as naze32/flip32?
I like simplicity of OFS comparing with baseflight airplane mode.
Thanks!
svjerk is online now Find More Posts by svjerk
Last edited by svjerk; Dec 17, 2014 at 06:41 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2014, 06:38 PM
Joined Oct 2011
863 Posts
I have played with the STM devices a little and I do have a few flip32's, naze 32's and acro naze 32's.

The big problem I see is with the development tools. The people doing this type of work are using Keil tools which are way to costly for a legal copy. I have played a little with CooCox.

I am also not convinced that there is an advantage to doing a code port. The flip 1.5 has 32k of flash and it uses an MPU-6050 (same as the acro naze 32). I don't have any plans to work on GPS support. The only thing I am considering is the possibility of adding auto-level.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by svjerk View Post
Hi John,
Do you have any plan to port OFS code to 32bit FC such as naze32/flip32?
I like simplicity of OFS comparing with baseflight airplane mode.
Thanks!
Old Dec 17, 2014, 06:47 PM
Joined Mar 2013
28 Posts
Quote:
I have played with the STM devices a little and I do have a few flip32's, naze 32's and acro naze 32's.

The big problem I see is with the development tools. The people doing this type of work are using Keil tools which are way to costly for a legal copy. I have played a little with CooCox.

I am also not convinced that there is an advantage to doing a code port. The flip 1.5 has 32k of flash and it uses an MPU-6050 (same as the acro naze 32). I don't have any plans to work on GPS support. The only thing I am considering is the possibility of adding auto-level.

John
I think STM32 code can be developed with free software: Eclipse+opensource cross compiler/debugger.
I don't think we need to support GPS.
With or without auto-level would be good enough.
svjerk is online now Find More Posts by svjerk
Old Dec 17, 2014, 06:56 PM
Joined May 2013
13 Posts
Nice one you have here noobee! I Subscribed!!

I have RX3S V2, I will definitely try this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobee View Post
post last updated on 20140711

starting this thread to discuss the development of an opensource flight stabilizer. i started this project after looking at various flight stabilizers and also getting the HK RX3S. i didn't like the performance of the V1 device (non-linear VR gains, no remote AUX gain control, stabilizer fights me on aerobatic manoeuvres). so, the goal is to hack the RX3S V1 and V2 and replace them with better firmware.

JohnRB and i currently maintain the master branch for the flightstab firmware

ckleanth has also helped very much with documentation.

LazyZero has a flashing tool that simplifies flashing devices http://lazyzero.de/en/modellbau/kkmulticopterflashtool

there is also a nice blog of a walkthrough with pictures on how to program the RX3S devices and a flight report from mikejr83 atClive Hall has also written a nice doc describing the HKFactory and the OpenFlightStab versions at http://www.cbhmodels.co.uk/rx3s.htm

and thanks to many others in this thread that have suggested great ideas along the way.

standard disclaimers apply. please review and use it at your own risk. i'm not responsible if you bricked your plane, lost your RX3S, or both
jrtRC is offline Find More Posts by jrtRC
Old Dec 17, 2014, 07:01 PM
Joined Oct 2011
863 Posts
Look at the Version 3 documentation - link in first post.

The latest code is on my Repository

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtRC View Post

Old Dec 18, 2014, 01:00 AM
If it has wings it will fly...
United Kingdom, England, Birmingham
Joined Mar 2011
1,629 Posts
John have you heard from noobee?
ckleanth is online now Find More Posts by ckleanth
Old Dec 18, 2014, 11:25 PM
United States, NH, Nashua
Joined Mar 2011
296 Posts
Hey folks, I need a little help on the flashing process.
I got a few RX3S v3 and the OrangeRX USB Firmware Update Kit, I tried to read all google docs documentation but still a little confused with the process. Is there a flashing for dummies walkthrough?
As far I understand I could use the OrangeRX USB Firmware Update Kit, the Horizon 1-inch JST Adapter to flash my RX3S v3 and I also need the chip tool from HK right??
I really appreciate if anybody here could contact me via PM so I don't hijack the thread and help me some guidance on the steps!
Thanks in advance!!
Hawk600 is offline Find More Posts by Hawk600
Last edited by Hawk600; Dec 19, 2014 at 09:52 AM.
Old Dec 19, 2014, 08:38 AM
Joined Oct 2011
863 Posts
Look at the first post for some links to a walkthrough.

I have also added a new section to the V3 document named Programming Overview

Hopefully the above will provide the information you need.

John

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawk600 View Post
Hey folks, I need a little help on the flashing process.
I got a few RX3S v3 and the OrangeRX USB Firmware Update Kit, I tried to read all google docs documentation but still a little confused with the process. Is there a flashing for dummies walkthrough?
As far I understand I could use the OrangeRX USB Firmware Update Kit and the Horizon 1-inch JST Adapter to flash my RX3S v3 right??
I really appreciate if anybody here could contact me via PM so I don't hijack the thread and help me some guidance on the steps!
Thanks in advance!!
Old Dec 20, 2014, 03:27 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2014
100 Posts
Quote:

Documentation Link.

John
Nice work gents!
Would be nice if the opening post can reflect this.

Just ask a mod to help you out John.
0crap is offline Find More Posts by 0crap
Old Dec 20, 2014, 03:34 PM
The Netherlands
Joined Sep 2014
100 Posts
Quote:
... The only thing I am considering is the possibility of adding auto-level.

John
That would be nice to play with.
Guess not possible with a Orange RX3S V3?
0crap is offline Find More Posts by 0crap
Old Dec 20, 2014, 09:20 PM
Joined Dec 2006
1,444 Posts
thanks jrtRC,

i think your approach of using the GY-86, instead of the individual mpu9150 and ms5611, is better. i redid my board and (with apologies) stole your board name this time, i left space for the GY-86 to be soldered flushed directly at the back of the board (will use kapton/mylar for insulation if the solder mask is insufficient). attached the approx rendering of the board.

re: the single Vss and Vdd. diptrace's pattern editor can connect the pins together without having to display them individually in the schematic editor. thanks for the review!

jrb also suggested series resistors for the direct output pins as well a configurable invertor for the serial rx line to accommodate frsky's opposite polarity without needing an external invertor. will do that if i build a next version..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrtRC View Post

noobee is offline Find More Posts by noobee