HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 11, 2012, 11:14 PM
Dbl
United States, MN, New Hope
Joined Aug 2010
60 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gatorb8 View Post
do you have your throws dialed down in your transmitter? just wondering...
Yep, all my micros start at 90% and after a few flights if all is well I usually bring them to 95%. My transmitter was still set from Cub #1.
Dbl is offline Find More Posts by Dbl
to remove ads between posts
Old May 11, 2012, 11:57 PM
McKinney, Texas
Joined Apr 2009
154 Posts
Picked up some DeoxIT at the local Radio Shack and applied following the package directions to my elevator and rudder servos. Also added a small amount of white grease to the control rods at the white plastic supports and a tiny bit on both servo gears and no more stuck servos. Not sure what helped the most but the control rods don't flex near like they did. Check your control rods it doesn't seem to take much friction to cause the elevator or rudder servos to bind.
Robert Cline is offline Find More Posts by Robert Cline
Old May 12, 2012, 12:03 AM
Qtown, PA
Joined Dec 2003
76 Posts
I received my Carbon Cub earlier this week. I only have two flights on it, but so far I love it. I have a few more 180mah 25C packs coming from Hobby King for it and I want to make up some charge adapters for my CellPro 10S charger instead of using the included charger. The problem I am having is finding the female 3 pin connector to fit the EFlite connector on the stock (and Hobby King) battery packs. Does anyone know what connector this is? I looked on Horizon's website and even called tech support to see if they could point me in the right direction for some female pigtails to fit these connectors, to no avail.
Thanks, Travis
erjpilot is offline Find More Posts by erjpilot
Old May 12, 2012, 12:20 AM
Gopher huntin' stick jockey
East Bethel, MN USA
Joined Jul 2009
12,493 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjpilot View Post
I received my Carbon Cub earlier this week. I only have two flights on it, but so far I love it. I have a few more 180mah 25C packs coming from Hobby King for it and I want to make up some charge adapters for my CellPro 10S charger instead of using the included charger. The problem I am having is finding the female 3 pin connector to fit the EFlite connector on the stock (and Hobby King) battery packs. Does anyone know what connector this is? I looked on Horizon's website and even called tech support to see if they could point me in the right direction for some female pigtails to fit these connectors, to no avail.
Thanks, Travis
It's a 3-pin JST 'PH'. They are available below - along with pretty much every UM connector, pigtail, harness, cable, and adapter there is. BTW - Glenn also makes UMX charge-adapters to fit any balance board: http://www.rc-connectors.com/
turboparker is offline Find More Posts by turboparker
Old May 12, 2012, 12:22 AM
United States, CA, Santa Rosa
Joined Mar 2011
883 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by erjpilot View Post
Thanks, Travis
Try rcconnectors.com
asosestrom is offline Find More Posts by asosestrom
Old May 12, 2012, 12:29 AM
Qtown, PA
Joined Dec 2003
76 Posts
Wow, that is it! Thanks guys!
erjpilot is offline Find More Posts by erjpilot
Old May 12, 2012, 01:35 AM
Make the best of all you have
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
Got my CC yesterday and have problems with the flap servo.

First it runs the flaps a few times (with interruptions), than suddenly the motor gear plopps off and made its way into the fuselage.

After opening the fuselage and inspecting everything I saw a little of the black glue (they used to glue the wing on the cabin/fuselage) on the big gear

and the small gear ( motor) was splitted.

I seperated the servo from the wing and the work began.

The small gear was damaged so bad that no repair was possible.

When running the servo motor without the gear it got hot after only a few seconds turning down the rpm on itself - fail.

I think the resistance on the first runs (because of the glue) was too much for this tiny motor,

so I decided to use a servo motor from my mCPX and soldered it on to the servo board - now everything is fine.

After opening the fuselage I saw the linkage for the elevator which made a bow inside the fuselage between the servo and the linkage support at the rearend.

Now I think I know why several CC had a failing elevator servo.

Tolerances during the assembly can cause the linkage to make a bow instead of a straight line causing too much resistance and shorten the life time of these tiny servomotors.

The ruder linkage scrubs again the elevator depending on the whole you are using for the ruder arm, causing resistance, too.

Everyone should check this on his CC to prevent damage !

Rolf
beetyii is offline Find More Posts by beetyii
Last edited by beetyii; May 12, 2012 at 10:11 AM.
Old May 12, 2012, 01:55 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineFlyer View Post
Hey, its only $20 for 1 oz of foam. Man, they're expensive!
Yes, that's why I didn't bite the first time. Still may not but not interested enough to make my own, test and tweek and get right. I can use them on the snow here in the winter months too or I could make, test and tweek my own skiis.. Besides, they look like they are painted the pretty silver to match right?

P.S. they are 29.95 at my LHS too, not 20.00
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old May 12, 2012, 02:44 AM
Finland, Uusimaa, Helsinki
Joined Nov 2011
144 Posts
I sent mine back to www.rc-choppers.com who promised to fix the elevator and rudder servo issue and contact Horizon. They told me that they haven't heard abt any servo issues on the CC yet. Horizon UK also told me they haven't heard of any problems...

I just hope I won't get a new plane with the exact same issues...
vmmattil is offline Find More Posts by vmmattil
Old May 12, 2012, 03:13 AM
Richmond, NY, UK
Joined Sep 2007
92 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmmattil View Post
I sent mine back to www.rc-choppers.com who promised to fix the elevator and rudder servo issue and contact Horizon. They told me that they haven't heard abt any servo issues on the CC yet. Horizon UK also told me they haven't heard of any problems...

I just hope I won't get a new plane with the exact same issues...
Funny that !. Ive just been told by my supplier that Horizon Hobby UK ARE aware of a lot of problems with this plane. They advise turning the servo travels down to 98/95% . In my case it wont make any differance as the rudder servo is jammed hard over on the right and wont move back.
I suppose Ill have to open the thing up and try and rewind the servo. Then see how it goes with 95% on the transmitter. Not the sort of thing you should have to do on a new 100 plus model !.
Dougie
dougiel is offline Find More Posts by dougiel
Old May 12, 2012, 03:16 AM
If it spins, wear it.
Northern Nevada
Joined Jan 2011
2,260 Posts
Post 1462 has a good point, probably better to inspect from the inside to check for excessive flexing caused by poor alignment. That would lead to sticking or over-heating servos. My flaps a slightly down and will not go up any higher without adjusting the "U" bend inside. I think I will open mine and have a look. May be worth making it easy to open with magnets or Velcro for future things like prop adapters etc.
whirlcap is offline Find More Posts by whirlcap
Old May 12, 2012, 04:05 AM
North West UK
Joined Nov 2010
349 Posts
Anyone who has opened up a CC have any pointers on the process and what to look out for. With pictures preferably
Roblister is offline Find More Posts by Roblister
Old May 12, 2012, 07:54 AM
Make the best of all you have
Essen/Germany
Joined Dec 2006
569 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblister View Post
Anyone who has opened up a CC have any pointers on the process and what to look out for. With pictures preferably
1. cut through the "Carbon CUB SS" sticker on both sides

2.cut through the red and black panel line sticker on both sides

3. cut through the clear sticker at the end of the upper fuselage 2cm in front of the tailplane

4. Now you have to raise the upper fuselage a little and look into it between the upper and lower fuselage (in the area of the batterie compartment) - there you will see the velcro tape sticking to the upper fuselage that you have to seperate.

5. You can rise the upper fuselage a little and now you have to seperate the three plugs coming down from the wing (2x aileron, 1x flap) - don't forget to mark them and memorise the orientation of the plugs (- + ~).

A small screwdriver is your best friend to seperate the plugs.

There you are :

Now you see the lower fuselage with motor and the receiver board.

Control the alignment of the ruder/elevator linkages if they are straight and don't bend a bow - if they do straighten it out

by bending the metal part of it and adjusting the rear linkage support (I pressed mine a little bit deeper into the foam)

Also have a look if the linkages scrub against the horizontal stab - it depends on your personal choice which hole at the elevator/ruder arm you use.

The upper fuselage with the clear plastik cabin and the wing glued to it is the second part.

You can seperate the wing :

1. by cutting the clear tape in front of the wing in the area of the front windshield

2. by adding steady pressure to the wing holding down the fuselage/cabin

the wing is glued at the front and end with a little black glue and between on the clear cabin with double sided self adhesive tape - take your time and hear and watch when seperating both parts.

It is a little work but better than Fly-N-Brake...

Rolf
beetyii is offline Find More Posts by beetyii
Last edited by beetyii; May 12, 2012 at 10:14 AM.
Old May 12, 2012, 07:58 AM
Heli collector
United States, MI, Livonia
Joined Apr 2009
16,534 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Rdnek View Post
That seems to happen a lot with you Xalkera users.
Ron
There is a pattern of us dreaming of what the next best heli should be and them coming out with it the following week.. Unlike HH who takes a year or more.. just to announce it and another year before it's actually available..
livonia bob is offline Find More Posts by livonia bob
Old May 12, 2012, 08:11 AM
Hawk Fanatic
United States, KY, Louisville
Joined Jul 2008
7,640 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by whirlcap View Post
Yes, that's why I didn't bite the first time. Still may not but not interested enough to make my own, test and tweek and get right. I can use them on the snow here in the winter months too or I could make, test and tweek my own skiis.. Besides, they look like they are painted the pretty silver to match right?

P.S. they are 29.95 at my LHS too, not 20.00
I'd find a new hobby shop or order from Horizon. If they aren't selling the product for the same price or less than what Horizon sells it for, find someone else that does. Doesn't Horizon ship for free?
SkylineFlyer is offline Find More Posts by SkylineFlyer