HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 05, 2013, 12:51 AM
Joined Dec 2013
5 Posts
Build Log
airplane only airsoft wing guns..

i have an idea for air powered airsoft machine guns and was wondering if anyone would be interested in a fpv combat class? air pressure ended up at 200-250 fps with 12oz bottle in p-38 style custom plane.. they fired level with wings and i have made aim adjustment screws on breach, but it wouldnt be any fun without someone to shoot down lol.......once i have final weight saving design down i will post it here
milfordadkins is offline Find More Posts by milfordadkins
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 06, 2013, 06:48 PM
Don't look at me like that....
United States, AR, McDougal
Joined Aug 2005
2,785 Posts
Your not the first to do this and you won't be the last. Just only do it on your own private property away from anyone else that would and will call the cops if they see you shooting ANYTHING from a model plane. It's your choice to pursuit whatever you wish in this hobby.
But PLEASE do not ruin it for all others.

Have a nice day and enjoy great flights.
62pilot is offline Find More Posts by 62pilot
Old Dec 06, 2013, 07:10 PM
Wake up, feel pulse, be happy!
United States, AK, Fairbanks
Joined Aug 2009
12,372 Posts
Ignoring any aspect of safety or practicality, I've just never understood the attraction of putting Airsoft guns on models. If you're flying a plane big enough to carry the gun, it's gonna take a hell of a lot more than those little plastic BBs to even make it flinch, especially if the plane is already designed for general combat. Aiming accurately would be terribly difficult, you can't really see the BBs, and they don't leave big colorful marks like paintballs do, so I can't really see where the excitement lies

FPV combat sounds like great fun, though. I wouldn't personally be willing to risk hundreds of bucks' worth of FPV gear for it, but I'm sure someone with deeper pockets would be more than game for it.
C₄H₁₀ is offline Find More Posts by C₄H₁₀
Old Dec 07, 2013, 01:04 PM
Dayton Montgomery, Ohio, United States
Joined Dec 2002
459 Posts
Flite Test - Airsoft Gunship - The Kraken (15 min 3 sec)

Watch this... it's pretty cool to see
plasticjoe is online now Find More Posts by plasticjoe
Old Dec 07, 2013, 01:47 PM
Love Flying History
United States, VA, Front Royal
Joined Sep 2011
772 Posts
Fist time I saw it was two years ago
RC A 10 Warthog Hunts Down Bin Laden With Airsoft Gun (6 min 56 sec)
mustangloyd is offline Find More Posts by mustangloyd
Old Dec 08, 2013, 04:02 AM
Joined Dec 2013
5 Posts
well plan was to use the airsoft paint rounds and count the number of (hits) per round i for one would also not want to risk couple hundred dollars of gear lol , and i would never shoot at other planes unless they were participating in the game lol and the clips are cool but i waas thinking bout a co2 powered airsoft setup built into the plane during construction, not an after thought
milfordadkins is offline Find More Posts by milfordadkins
Old Jan 10, 2014, 08:55 AM
France, PCh, Puy-du-Lac
Joined Mar 2010
105 Posts
Sorry

Spad
Spaderman is offline Find More Posts by Spaderman
Last edited by Spaderman; Jan 12, 2014 at 12:38 AM.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 02:51 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
936 Posts
I would rather do strafing runs with either airsoft or paint ball guns on a plane. You can't always tell where a paint ball is going to go in the heat of aerial combat. On strafing runs you can have a measure of safety and avoid errant paintballs to the body of spectators.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Jan 23, 2014, 05:37 PM
TopGunTLG
United States, WI, Cottage Grove
Joined Jan 2014
6 Posts
Annual William Tell

How about an annual "William Tell" shoot with War birds, just like the real Airforce. FPV only, Runway targets at end of runway, Bomb, rockets, and airsoft targets. Prize money. categories by wing size, motor type, and vintage.
topguntlg is offline Find More Posts by topguntlg
Last edited by topguntlg; Jan 24, 2014 at 11:28 AM.
Old Jan 24, 2014, 11:42 AM
TopGunTLG
Joined Jan 2014
6 Posts
View, YOUTUBEs French RC airplane combat. Another, "RC plane shoots successfully a second with an airsoft machine gun" If you search RC planes wit rockets or RC [planes with machine guns, you will think there should be a group called "Weaponized RC Planes".
Last edited by topguntlg; Feb 05, 2014 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Add another youtube video
Old Jan 25, 2014, 11:57 AM
TopGunTLG
Joined Jan 2014
6 Posts
I think few would be interest in air-to-air combat. However, air to ground combat target shoot would zero chance of lose of equipment or injury. This of course have to be FPV.
Old Jan 27, 2014, 09:36 AM
TopGunTLG
Joined Jan 2014
6 Posts
There is another way to have air-to-air combat, Lasers. A pen light laser guns and laser receiver. Smoke shows when the laser strikes the opposing plane. RC tanks (small) have this system. It should work on airplanes.
Old Jan 29, 2014, 08:45 AM
Flyer, not a builder ;)
United States, NC, Harnett County
Joined Feb 2007
208 Posts
Interesting ideas... Not something I'm interested in setting up but I'll certainly watch the vids!
VKGT is offline Find More Posts by VKGT