Joined Dec 2005
6,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vik_ View Post
Hi All
Small help with the setup can be the build/artickle from Kolman
It is in czech but google can help
This is the link: http://kolmanl.info/index.php?show=RLR_NASTAVENI
I wonder of this is the same guy who has published a video of his first flight on tow. I see the photo with the middle control surface "up" in crow. The video showed that rather unusual set up too. I would have reservations about doing that: rather the end surfaces / ailerons "up" during braking.....

Chris
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Apr 11, 2013, 03:30 AM
bie
maidenflight-postponer
Germany
Joined Oct 2004
787 Posts
Hi,

regarding the down-trim of elevator using butterfly (and no spoiler): A fellow just wrote on german messageboard RC-NETWORK, that 10 mm downtrim works perfectly for him.

Andy
bie is offline Find More Posts by bie
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:33 PM
Phil.T-tailer
Devon, UK
Joined Jun 2003
4,205 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
I wonder of this is the same guy who has published a video of his first flight on tow. I see the photo with the middle control surface "up" in crow. The video showed that rather unusual set up too. I would have reservations about doing that: rather the end surfaces / ailerons "up" during braking.....

Chris
Chris - thats a 6x servo wing - 3x surfaces per wing - so the last aileron bit is undeflected

Phil.
Phil.Taylor is offline Find More Posts by Phil.Taylor
Old Apr 11, 2013, 12:40 PM
-----
Ireland, County Kerry, Kerry
Joined Dec 2005
6,895 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil.Taylor View Post
Chris - thats a 6x servo wing - 3x surfaces per wing - so the last aileron bit is undeflected

Phil.
Yes, I know Phil (I have a Lunak). I would rather deflect the outer aileron "up"....
Woodstock 1 is offline Find More Posts by Woodstock 1
Old Apr 17, 2013, 07:34 PM
Joined Mar 2010
1,337 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by surfimp View Post
Cool man, that's awesome. Really stoked for you. It sounds like you are really enjoying the hobby, and that's a beautiful thing!

If it's OK with you, the rest of us would like to do the same.

Thanks, have fun!

Steve

P.S. - If you want to impress us with your Minimoa, post video of it flying aerobatics off aerotow. A full FAI sequence would really be impactful, if you're up to it of course. Since to your point, it's not how much it costs, it's what you can do with it.
Hi Steve:

Sorry if I offended you. Looks like you're having tons of fun and I heartily endorse that.
I'm not half the pilot you guys are, but I'm learning every flight. Your video off the Ca cliff flying, was that a Le Fish?, was beautiful. My Minimoa is electric so no aerotow. I'll see if I can get my flying buddy to do a little filming. Just promise you won't laugh,haha. Like I said I'm learning and having fun.
rtbates is offline Find More Posts by rtbates
Old Apr 18, 2013, 02:14 PM
Aerotow and sloping Holland
Joined Mar 2012
282 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodstock 1 View Post
Yes, I know Phil (I have a Lunak). I would rather deflect the outer aileron "up"....
I totally agree there. Deflecting the outer aileron makes more sense and will probably do more in preventing a tipstall.
MaartenX is online now Find More Posts by MaartenX
Old Apr 22, 2013, 01:33 PM
Prague CZ
Joined May 2010
187 Posts
Talking about the Blanik, FMT (german magazine) released a video from their test:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=1itb4FH97UA
Vik_ is offline Find More Posts by Vik_
Old May 05, 2013, 06:28 PM
Shropshire
Joined Jan 2005
469 Posts
so Jimbob ..............as youve now obviously maindend the Fox what are your thoughts.....general flights characteristics etc ......Landings .......

Fox Glider at the Slope (3 min 26 sec)
Andy_b is offline Find More Posts by Andy_b