Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 31, 2013, 02:39 PM
Manchester NH
Joined Mar 2001
263 Posts
Trader Rating: 1
Discussion
Not gonna use USPS anymore...

Worked out a trade as I have several times before... Decided to ship USPS as I was near a post office. Price was right, expected delivery date was right. However 3 days after the expected delivery date the trade-ee had not recieved his package. I contacted customer service and they told me that I would have to wait an extra 3 days(mind you this is 3 days after the expected delivery) before they could submit a ticket for the lost package.

Funny part is I forgot to add a component to his package and shipped it separately through UPS.... It got there in 3 days.

I'm all for supporting government organizations... Just not USPS any longer.
BeechSkipperDude is offline Find More Posts by BeechSkipperDude
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:05 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
Trader Rating: 31
You should use USPS for small stuff. You can print First Class labels through PayPal. Its like $1.5-$3 including tracking depending on the weight.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:29 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
partner, the mail does some funny thats out of our control. only thing you can do is geta confirmation and put a return address on the pkg also get a reciept so you have proof even then no tellin
what thier gonna do 9 times outta ten it will arrive
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:31 PM
DR RC#1
chatom alabama
Joined Dec 2010
209 Posts
Trader Rating: 85
usps is a real bumer they chew up , miss place , run over with fork lifts , and so on i have heard them all from the usps. allways get insured no matter what. and u should b ok they seam to treat those with better care they lose about 3 to 4 of mine a month but i shipp 10 to 15 a week
dr rc is online now Find More Posts by dr rc
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:39 PM
# Scale is a way of life
United States, OH, Avon Lake
Joined Apr 2010
1,592 Posts
Trader Rating: 39
These posts always make me wonder how I can be so lucky that the hundreds of packages I've shipped through USPS over the years have always have gotten there just fine, but some guys claim they loose 3-4 a month.. Something is just not believable to me about that. If USPS lost 3-4 packages of mine a month I'd have stopped using them for sure.
scale_only is offline Find More Posts by scale_only
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:51 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only View Post
These posts always make me wonder how I can be so lucky that the hundreds of packages I've shipped through USPS over the years have always have gotten there just fine, but some guys claim they loose 3-4 a month.. Something is just not believable to me about that. If USPS lost 3-4 packages of mine a month I'd have stopped using them for sure.
+1 Out of hundreds that I have sent, only 2 have mysteriously disappeared for about 10 days, but both were delivered just fine with no damage.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Jan 31, 2013, 03:53 PM
DR RC#1
chatom alabama
Joined Dec 2010
209 Posts
Trader Rating: 85
some of us unfortunately do not have access to a ups facility. if i use ups on my shipments i would have to raise my prices. if i have to ship someone a box 2 times it still comes out cheaper than ups threw usps my average shipment cost me from 5 to 7 $ that same package threw ups would cost me on average from 14 to 22$ and i would rather take my chances with the usps myself
dr rc is online now Find More Posts by dr rc
Old Jan 31, 2013, 04:12 PM
United States, MD, Elkton
Joined Oct 2011
8,210 Posts
Trader Rating: 57
fingers tapping on the table top.

+98....By the time Kenh3497 and Arup get their deliveries from me through the USPS I will be right at 100 packages delivered as advertised....ZERO lost, misplaced or damaged.

And don.'t forget the packages delivered here.Kits, engines, parts and free.Nary a scratch or dent.

My biggest problem is getting people to tell me they got my stuff I shipped. I have to notify them it's been delivered, about 25% of the time.
epoxyearl is offline Find More Posts by epoxyearl
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Back to square one !
Old Feb 01, 2013, 12:43 AM
Old, tired, and abused.
Joined Jun 2011
2,311 Posts
Trader Rating: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post

my biggest problem is getting people to tell me they got my stuff i shipped. I have to notify them it's been delivered, about 25% of the time.
:d +1
PropsnWings is online now Find More Posts by PropsnWings
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 08:45 AM
Joined Oct 2011
8,210 Posts
first time-new deal

I'm using the new shipping today for the first time....A package going to Iowa.
Tracking is included with insurance.The fee was $2.45 for $100 ins.,and tracking.
The total fee was $12.85, down from the $15.75 they quoted me on the 21st of Jan.

It's hard to believe shipping is cheaper now, but more things are included.

I asked for "as cheaply as we can ship it", both times. It's the same package, I just tested the system, before and after the change at the USPS.
They said 5-10 working days...Let's wait it out...This is item #99 on my list of "no problems"with USPS.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:38 PM
United States, WA, Puyallup
Joined Aug 2006
2,207 Posts
Trader Rating: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by epoxyearl View Post
I'm using the new shipping today for the first time....A package going to Iowa.
Tracking is included with insurance.The fee was $2.45 for $100 ins.,and tracking.
The total fee was $12.85, down from the $15.75 they quoted me on the 21st of Jan.

It's hard to believe shipping is cheaper now, but more things are included.

I asked for "as cheaply as we can ship it", both times. It's the same package, I just tested the system, before and after the change at the USPS.
They said 5-10 working days...Let's wait it out...This is item #99 on my list of "no problems"with USPS.
what new delivery system is that?
lectroglide is offline Find More Posts by lectroglide
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:42 PM
United States, NJ
Joined Feb 2010
384 Posts
Trader Rating: 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by lectroglide View Post
what new delivery system is that?
Probably Standard Post which replaced parcel post.
SYMAWD is offline Find More Posts by SYMAWD
Old Feb 01, 2013, 02:54 PM
Joined Oct 2011
8,210 Posts
Standard post...tracking # 1310 3060 0000 2927 4714..

Guys in another thread say they can't track with the new system....(tracking # on the insurance ticket)...I can.....You try it.....

Piece of spruce-49" X 4.5 X 1-1/2. They measured girth, and someone said here, they don't anymore.

I'm going to individually package all the stuff I have for sale, get shipping charges to California, (I'm on the East Coast) and have no surprises when I sell.

It's only a couple of bucks difference, and I include shipping anyway.
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:36 PM
EIEIEIO Classic is dway ta go!
Northeast Pa. .Heyna or No?
Joined Aug 2009
1,863 Posts
Trader Rating: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by scale_only View Post
Same here. Yes no one is perfect and USPS does loose packages now and then. I will make a statement and say a lot of the problems are probably self inflicted with the shippers packing and preparation or lack thereof. I have received some packages and wonder how they made it to the post office in the first place let alone on a several day journey to me.
flyinwalenda is offline Find More Posts by flyinwalenda
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:40 AM
United States, NJ, Caldwell
Joined Apr 2007
294 Posts
Trader Rating: 23
I have bought a bunch of planes lately and it seems to be a crap shoot with USPS in particular. One plane took 10 days over the "expected delivery date" to get to me while another plane which was purchased afterwards and from further away got to me before the first one.

For whatever reason the first plane, when tracked, was moving very slowly. No explanation, but at least I got it.
Sessholvlaru is offline Find More Posts by Sessholvlaru