Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 14, 2013, 07:15 PM
Central Alabama RCShips, Sails
United States, AL, Odenville
Joined Feb 2006
543 Posts
Jerry,

Another great looking build. I need to borrow your skills for a little while!!

I would like to know what you used in the float net baskets? I have some small beads strung together to put in mine.

Jared
WingRider05 is offline Find More Posts by WingRider05
to remove ads between posts
Old May 14, 2013, 08:04 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by louie R/C NUT View Post
Jerry I see you to like to build them big me to

I say the bigger the better
louie i wish i had a shop about 150 feet long I'd build a 1:1 Pt 109 80' long and I'd do the R/Cing from the helm just picture that baby crusing under the marine parkway bridge LOL then I woke up
jerry orfano is offline Find More Posts by jerry orfano
Old May 14, 2013, 08:06 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
Jared I was going to string beads together then i seen the insert at John haynes web site were i buy all the time so I used them
Old May 14, 2013, 08:07 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
'''

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry orfano View Post
Jared I was going to string beads together then i seen the resin inserts at John haynes web site were i buy all the time so I used them another friend of mine said to cut wood dowels the sizes you want and drill thru them then string them
Old May 16, 2013, 08:36 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
Well i fixed photobucket tonight and will post some photos soon I did some of the mast rigging on one side and still have to make braces for the gun tubs

URL=http://s673.photobucket.com/user/ptskipper/media/Uss%20slater%20dd766/zzz019_zps765f880c.jpg.html][/URL]

Old May 18, 2013, 06:35 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
well I kept looking at the D/C davits I installed on the Slater originally and hated them so I just ripped them out and created new ones the new one's are just like the one's on the slater i should've done it this way from the begining

Old May 18, 2013, 07:40 PM
no such thing as to many boats
Joined May 2010
1,704 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry orfano View Post
louie i wish i had a shop about 150 feet long I'd build a 1:1 Pt 109 80' long and I'd do the R/Cing from the helm just picture that baby crusing under the marine parkway bridge LOL then I woke up
That what dream are made of Jerry .

Your build is coming out amazing keep up the nice work you are inspiring me to try a war ship always wanted to build on just need to pick it and get started .

Keep the dream alive .
louie R/C NUT is offline Find More Posts by louie R/C NUT
Old May 18, 2013, 08:56 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
LOL Louie i'm always dreaming but if you do decide to build a warship if you need help ask me oh and a 1/48th scale warship is so awesome the 1/96th scale like this one is nice but 1/48th in more stable in the water. One company is Bad ship models.com if you like to build plank and frame the other is fleetscale.com in the UK they have all types american and british or look at loyalhanna dockyard you know them they were in the booth at the show right next to you his name is Don on his site look at voyage kits but you have to email him to see what the turn around time is their kits are just awesome all the running gear struts,a-frames and rudders are already installed and the fittings and everything you need is included in the kit I made two of them the adams and the forest sherman destroyers damm and with your skills you could even make them talk hehehehehehehehehe

Jerry
Old May 18, 2013, 09:35 PM
Joined May 2010
1,704 Posts
Excellent Jerry thanks for the info I will check out those sites and let you know which one I pick up .
Old May 18, 2013, 09:50 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
Louie just look at the voyage models their 100% complete everything except the motors and radio
Old May 19, 2013, 04:39 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
Well look here a nice clean work table The Uss Slater DD 766 is now complete and in her berth

Well i hope you guys liked the slater and as you can see I wouldn't be without work for too long that hull is a very old Scale Shipyard Gearing Hull has to be at least over twenty years old and straight as a whistle also bought all the Old Scale shipyard fittings 3 twin 5" guns with blast shields ,stacks and rudders from a friend of Nicks he has more hulls and fittings anybody interested in these hulls can PM Navcards on this site
Old May 19, 2013, 05:05 PM
Joined May 2010
1,704 Posts
Very cool Jerry I'll be looking forward to the next one .
Old May 19, 2013, 05:22 PM
USA, NY, Brooklyn
Joined Sep 2009
1,695 Posts
okie dokie