Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Mar 27, 2012, 04:55 AM
Joined Jun 2011
44 Posts
Discussion
DX8 and Flight Modes

]hi there,

I've had a look through all the threads for DX8 & Flights modes and all I've found is for people wanted to fly gliders my questions is related to flight modes for planes.

Heres my scenario;

Take off, retracts up and trims are all fine, flying perfect. I think about landing and put the flaps down and my plane starts to roll to the right. I quickly have to 'trim out' the roll and plane flies straight again, gear comes down and I land.

After I landed a chap from the club said that I should program flight modes into my TX?? I ask him what he meant and he said that you can have two different flight modes, one for normal flight and one for say plane in landing mode (flaps and gear down) and have individual trims for each?? So with a flick of the switch flaps come down and trims are adjusted automatically.

By the way obviously we know the flaps need to may be adjusted mechanically but this programming or flight mode allows you to trim this out.

My question is how do I do this and is it actually possible on the DX8?

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance
ryanrcflyer is offline Find More Posts by ryanrcflyer
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 27, 2012, 05:25 AM
always looking for clouds
Joined Aug 2010
422 Posts
flight mode button is on the top left of the transmitter. flight mode 0-1-2 or 1-2-3.
i use these for my stryker to set different epa for different manouvers. but for each mode trims are seperate too.

so if your glider is set up in flight mode 1 to fly straight and true......flick it to flight mode 2 to do the same....then make the nessessary adjustments for flaps to deploy and trim adjustments needed. then f/m 1 is flying and f/m 2 is landing.

later you can use f/m 3 for some camber as a thermaling setting or reflex for high speed setting.
socommk23 is offline Find More Posts by socommk23
Old Mar 27, 2012, 07:49 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
23,226 Posts
1- Power on the DX8 while holding down the Roller Menu button to access the System Menu
2- Using the Roller Menu button scroll down to Trim Setup and press the roller menu button to access sub menu
3- Scroll down to Type:Common and press the roller menu button to change it to F Mode.
4- Press Back Button twice to exit system menu

Now All of your TRIMS are independed for each flight mode.

Of course you should address this issue mechanicaly first but now you will be able to trim for different conditions. You could also set the flaps to that switch so all is done with only one switch.

In the Flap System menu you could select the F-Mode switch for flaps. Now when you toggle the Fmode switch for flaps the different trims would kick in. Of course you would need to set the trims once.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:12 AM
always looking for clouds
Joined Aug 2010
422 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post
1- Power on the DX8 while holding down the Roller Menu button to access the System Menu
2- Using the Roller Menu button scroll down to Trim Setup and press the roller menu button to access sub menu
3- Scroll down to Type:Common and press the roller menu button to change it to F Mode.

Of course you should address this issue mechanicaly first but now you will be able to trim for different conditions. You could also set the flaps to that switch so all is done with only one switch.

In the Flap System menu you could select the F-Mode switch for flaps. Now when you toggle the Fmode switch for flaps the different trims would kick in. Of course you would need to set the trims once.

what he said! what i meant. lol
socommk23 is offline Find More Posts by socommk23
Old Mar 27, 2012, 09:47 AM
Joined Jun 2011
44 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by freechip View Post

BINGO! Thank you both chaps
ryanrcflyer is offline Find More Posts by ryanrcflyer