HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old May 31, 2001, 07:19 PM
Professional Goofball
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2000
1,001 Posts
Bad publicity for RC

I was watching… I mean my girlfriend was watching a program on TV called blind date. The show matches up two people and follows them on their blind date. The guy that they had on the show took his blind date to fly rc planes. The instructor pilot was obviously from Multiplex cause he had a Multiplex shirt on and was flying a pico jet with the funny looking Multiplex transmitters. The bad part of the whole thing was that this guy was a total belligerent jerk. He was every girl’s nightmare. If this is the kind of person we have representing the majority out there we are in deep *&(#...

Anyone else out there catch this show?
OCModels is offline Find More Posts by OCModels
to remove ads between posts
Old May 31, 2001, 08:30 PM
Houston
Joined May 2001
797 Posts
hey, that was me
lymon is offline Find More Posts by lymon
Old May 31, 2001, 08:38 PM
Austin, Texas USA
Joined Mar 2001
848 Posts
LYMON- Which one were you, the dater or the instructor?

OCMODELS- Which one was the jerk, the dater or the instructor? Let LYMON answer first.

sf_247 is offline Find More Posts by sf_247
Old May 31, 2001, 09:17 PM
Radix malorum est cupiditas
Joined Jul 2000
460 Posts
Actually, I thought OC was saying the Multiplex guy was a jerk !!
radix2 is offline Find More Posts by radix2
Old May 31, 2001, 09:21 PM
Professional Goofball
United States, WA, Port Orchard
Joined Dec 2000
1,001 Posts
No not the Multiplex guy... You only saw him for a couple minutes. The guy on the date was the jerk... And believe me! Jerk is a big time understatement. I sure hope Lymen was the Multiplex guy and not the guy on the date...
OCModels is offline Find More Posts by OCModels
Old Jun 01, 2001, 05:36 AM
San jose, CA
Joined Jun 2000
426 Posts
I saw that show last night as well; if I don't see as much action in my life, I maight as well watch others on TV I don't see how that segment could give RC a bad image. It's pretty obvious that niether the guy nor girl on the date are RC-people. If they were really flying those planes at all, I think the girl did pretty good!

On another segment the show had a couple go and try out a 1/8 scale gas off road car. The girl crashed it immediately, full throttle into a wall. With a giggle, she then handed the transmitter back to the hobby shop employee as if to say, 'here's your toy back'. I wonder if the show picked up the repair bill?
tempest411 is offline Find More Posts by tempest411
Old Jun 01, 2001, 09:38 AM
Lincoln Municipal, Nebraska, United States
Joined Mar 2000
300 Posts
Karlton...Karlton.....you want to comment here?????? Don't be scared.....most of the guys on Ezonemag are open to the culprit posting there side of the story!
avdflyer is online now Find More Posts by avdflyer
Old Jun 01, 2001, 09:48 AM
Oviedo,FL
Joined Dec 2000
1,164 Posts
I've seen that one..gotta get me one of those Pico-jets!!
The guy on the date had he social skills of Godzilla, the girl, well I'll just say she was no spring flower herself. Always great entertainment.
R. Carver is offline Find More Posts by R. Carver
Old Jun 01, 2001, 10:10 AM
No "R" !!!!!!!
Where Spacemen Live (TX)
Joined Jan 2000
1,116 Posts
Ahh, Blind Date. Apparently they like R/C. I've seen them do R/C Helicopters as well as the Pico-jet, and gas car incident.

I used to watch it quite a bit. I swear, they must specificially look for the jerkiest guys, and the women are usually slutty or schitzophrenic. I just love those episodes where the girl is kissing all over the guy, and pratically gets naked with him only in the end to say "NO" when the show asks if she would see him again. HUH??!! And whats with all the unemployed actors?

Anyways, my story. At the last Pasadena model show, I asked the multiplex people about the Blind Date show segments. They said the guy in the car and plane shows was in fact Karlton. I also asked about the girl smashing the car into the wall, if it was real or just quick edited. I was told it really happened that way and that fast. I've never seen anyone break a car that fast.

-FTZ
Fitz Walker is offline Find More Posts by Fitz Walker