HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 29, 2006, 08:03 PM
30 RC's and counting
United States, GA, Tucker
Joined Mar 2005
952 Posts
Help!
BCX. Outer shaft stripped?

My BCX was acting up and I figured out that the gear on the outer shaft is slipping. I can turn the lower blades while holding the gear in place. Can this be fixed or do I have to buy a new one? thanks
Bmr4life is offline Find More Posts by Bmr4life
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 29, 2006, 08:22 PM
30 RC's and counting
Joined Mar 2005
952 Posts
Update. I took the outer shaft out, pulled the gear off the shaft, cleaned off the shaft, applied CA, stuck the gear back on and now its drying, this should fix it.
Old Apr 29, 2006, 08:31 PM
Joined Apr 2006
32 Posts
why not just tighten the set screws? CA might not have been a good choice..
panzer is offline Find More Posts by panzer
Old Apr 29, 2006, 08:37 PM
Just call me crash.
Joined Jan 2006
1,308 Posts
There's no set screws on the outer shaft.

Bmr4life, what part came loose, the plastic itself or the metal collar thingy inside it? I ask because I've got half a dozen inner gears I'll never use, and one or two outer gear/shafts with teeth chipped, was toying with some way to adapt the inner gears to fit the outer shaft, but can't see how to get the outer gear off without totally thrashing it . . .
rocknbil is offline Find More Posts by rocknbil
Old Apr 29, 2006, 09:40 PM
30 RC's and counting
Joined Mar 2005
952 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocknbil
There's no set screws on the outer shaft.

Bmr4life, what part came loose, the plastic itself or the metal collar thingy inside it? I ask because I've got half a dozen inner gears I'll never use, and one or two outer gear/shafts with teeth chipped, was toying with some way to adapt the inner gears to fit the outer shaft, but can't see how to get the outer gear off without totally thrashing it . . .
The metal part in the gear stayed in the gear when I pulled it off. So I place CA between the outer shaft and the metal thats inside the gear. With the inner shaft gears, you could try drilling them out and gluing in a round metal spacer whose I.D. is just large enough to fit over the outer shaft. Only problem would the bond between the spacer and th e inner gear would be extremely weak.