HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 10, 2014, 07:06 PM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
294 Posts
For those who knew her, my wife of 51 years Gail, died of brain cancer yesterday morning.

Brian Byrne
ADAGIO is offline Find More Posts by ADAGIO
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 10, 2014, 07:09 PM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
294 Posts
Adagio

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex111 View Post
Any one got a scale boat for sale
Please contact me Alex. 2 boats and a lot of "stuff" and magazines with plans left too.
Last edited by ADAGIO; Aug 10, 2014 at 09:17 PM. Reason: Wrong information. Contact me by Private Message Alex.
Old Aug 10, 2014, 08:07 PM
George Jure
Hamilton, Ontario
Joined Aug 2005
282 Posts
Hello

Sorry for your loss. Hope you keep the Good memories to help you over time.

George
George Jure is offline Find More Posts by George Jure
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:38 AM
NeverAgainVolunteerYourse lf
Australia, QLD, Regents Park
Joined Mar 2007
3,629 Posts
Sorry for your loss,

My condolences.

Nick
nick_75au is online now Find More Posts by nick_75au
Old Aug 11, 2014, 12:54 AM
Australia, QLD, Ashgrove
Joined Nov 2009
503 Posts
im sorry for your loss
alex111 is offline Find More Posts by alex111
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: hey
Old Aug 11, 2014, 04:48 AM
Australia, QLD, Mudgeeraba
Joined Feb 2010
257 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADAGIO View Post
For those who knew her, my wife of 51 years Gail, died of brain cancer yesterday morning.

Brian Byrne

Please accept my condolences.

Andrew
Ticonderoga is offline Find More Posts by Ticonderoga
Old Aug 14, 2014, 07:24 PM
Australia, QLD, Ashgrove
Joined Nov 2009
503 Posts
queen mary 2

hey here some photos of my queen mary 2 i have does a lot of work to it and i have made over 17 lifeboats for it i hope you all like the photos
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 15, 2014, 11:37 PM
Brisbane
Joined Feb 2008
294 Posts
Adagio

To all those who have sent me and my family condolences for the loss of my wife Gail, thank you very much.

The world has lost a great deal.

Gail was one of life's quiet achievers. Originally completing an Apprenticeship as a Tailor, she had completed her studies as a Nurse when I met her. Her intellect was never on show, her qualifications have never been hung on the wall, the work being more important to her than any piece of paper.

Following her close involvement in a serious motherhood tragedy, she embarked upon further and much higher studies, leading to her life's work in researching the female reproduction and breastfeeding systems.

In particular, she worked to help the groundswell of women who either could not take the pill because of high blood pressure and other health problems, or would not, genuinely concerned at the large number of serious problems caused by the pill as well as the deaths of so many women in the early days of the pill, and for those who had an ethical aversion to the pill. Gail had no philosophy to push.

She worked tirelessly for over 25 years for those who chose to use natural methods of contraception, that is, reading what their body told them, not what some Chemist or Doctor pushing the "latest" chemical or mechanical device told them.

Gail worked on the major project on the same subject in association with Dr. Barbara Gross PhD of the World Health Organisation (WHO).

At the completion of that WHO project, Gail gave the Keynote Address at a Conference on contraception in Melbourne many years ago.

In addition to her research on natural methods of contraception, Gail counseled women for many years on breastfeeding problems, and was the leading researcher in the the "Breastfeeding and the Return to Fertility" WHO Project.

For her final project prior to retirement, Gail assisted Professor Henry Berger on the "Menopause Project".

Her work affected untold thousands, here in Australia and elsewhere.

I'm not the only one who has suffered a great loss. If there is a woman in your life, Gail's work has touched her in some way.

Again, thank you.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:27 PM
Australia, QLD, Ashgrove
Joined Nov 2009
503 Posts
hey guys this sunday of the 31st of aug the sunshine coast model boat club are haveing a open day all boats and a buy and sell day i hope to see you all there

alex
RCG Plus Member