HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 21, 2006, 11:03 AM
Joined Apr 2004
328 Posts
Discussion
source for tri blade prop.

we're thinking of using a tri blade prop on our AP/UAV for the added torque, quieter, and also the smaller diameter. This is in a pusher config. Can any of you recomend a good source for tri blade props? My LHS's don't carry them, and I want to get some decent quality ones. If you all have tips on using a tri blade prop. please feel free to toss them my way. The plane will be about 30 inch span, weigh around 3-4lbs. and have a little over 900 sq. inches wing area.
I'll have to figure out the right motor/prop. combos.
Thanks and have a good one.
Medve is offline Find More Posts by Medve
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:02 PM
winnipeg
Joined Jan 2004
165 Posts
Here is a link for a 3-blade hub If you are going electric.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/freudaccy.htm
builder is offline Find More Posts by builder
Old Jun 21, 2006, 04:22 PM
Professor of Wood
Nampa. Idaho
Joined Nov 2004
4,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medve
we're thinking of using a tri blade prop on our AP/UAV for the added torque, quieter, and also the smaller diameter. This is in a pusher config. Can any of you recomend a good source for tri blade props? My LHS's don't carry them, and I want to get some decent quality ones. If you all have tips on using a tri blade prop. please feel free to toss them my way. The plane will be about 30 inch span, weigh around 3-4lbs. and have a little over 900 sq. inches wing area.
I'll have to figure out the right motor/prop. combos.
Thanks and have a good one.

Electric or Wet Fuel? What size prop? There aren't many pushers available as three bladed props but I get mine from Tower Hobbies. A reversible motor(brushless electric) gives you more options.

Dan
kd7ost is offline Find More Posts by kd7ost
Old Jun 21, 2006, 08:36 PM
Joined Apr 2004
328 Posts
sorry, I should have mentioned it was electric. Same one I'm working on 30" wing with tube fuse. Just put this in different thread in case the 2-3 bladed issue was needed by someone later, they wouldn't have to dig through some other post. I'll check those links. Thanks.
Medve is offline Find More Posts by Medve
Old Jun 21, 2006, 10:24 PM
Professor of Wood
Nampa. Idaho
Joined Nov 2004
4,266 Posts
It might be hard to find three bladed props optimized for electric motors. It's also more efficient to run a longer two bladed prop than a shorter three bladed one. I do use my three bladed pusher to get more ground clearance. I keep breaking the two bladed wooden ones.

Dan
kd7ost is offline Find More Posts by kd7ost