HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 25, 2004, 04:09 PM
Hooper, full throttle!
USA, NY, East Islip
Joined Feb 2004
11,062 Posts
glassing gws planes 2

I thought I would open a 2nd thread on this subject. Perhaps not so much as to advice as to the ins and outs of glassing foam/GWS planes. But more so as a general discussion of said foam planes once they have been glassed.

With that in mind I flew my glassed Pico Stick F Saturday for the first time. I chose to glass that particular plane because of itís know tendency to have a weak structure. If you could fly that plane like ďyou stole itĒ and it didnít fall apart in mid air then I gather this fiberglassing is for real. For good measure I also added a 350 D geared powerplant and a 1080 prop.

With some custom battery location I got the AUW down to 13ozs. This thing flyís like itís on rails! Of course itís noses up a tad with full throttle but itís very predictable and easy to correct as well.

So lets hear it for all the glassed planes! The only thing this little Pico Stick is Missing is Ailerons and I think a glassed e-starter is in my very near future!

Tommy
Tommy D is online now Find More Posts by Tommy D
to remove ads between posts